Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fa3sr011 View Post
    Icy Veins says Crit is my priority for Gems, Enchants, and Consumables. Wowhead says Haste is my priority. One says Razorice on my MH and Fallen Crusader on my OH. The other says just the opposite.

So, what exactly should we be doing here?
    OK enough of these negative Nancy's telling you to play UH. they can F themselves. They are "lesser players" anyway. Don't see their names on warcraftlogs since prepatch . Mine is up there however.

As some suggested, a healthy balance is what you want. But there is variables- Trinkets, talents, and demons! If you look, my gems and enchants are all over the place with haste and crit... But I swap things out and have been experimenting (credit for the word above) per boss as needed. I found my preferred talents though-

Icy Talons, Frozen Pulse, Avalanche, Frost Scythe, and Glacial Advance. Use on all fight as it is very diverse and handy.

Because of Frozen Pulse and Avalanche I want more crit. 30% is good I feel but using M Unending Hunger, my crit is 37%... kinda over kill. Also Skull of War procs so its like 66% then. The Demon trinket is around 2% I think but puts my Mastery to a flat 50.04% and attack speed to 2.12 base. Then there is ring choices too. One ring is heavy crit and little master and the other is reverse. So flip those around till you get what you want from that slot as well.

If I were to play Shattering Strikes I might go heavier on Haste with gems while keeping 30% crit for talents to work well. Burning runes asap and frozen pulse damage is just too good right now. Plus avalanche every minute for 20 seconds.

I did play with Anzus Cursed Plume, despite others mocking me, for 2 weeks and loved it. Procs a shit ton and with Frost Scythe the damage is sick. But its not practical so I ditched it this week and got 5th world for M Manny. Last week I had it on and did like 22.. Imps died too fast to cleave pad meters
    So you want a good amount of Mastery in there too... on beta at 110 FSc hits harder then a OB crit but you lose Rime so there is the trade off and makes for fun and NOT SIMPLE game play. But tinker around with your gear, talents, then enchanst in heroic HFC pugs and find your sweet spots.

TLDR

I say-
    Crit- 30% min
    Haste- 13% bare min, more the merrier
    Mastery 45% min 50% is solid**

Play what YOU LIKE.
    You don't have to go UH anymore cause morons tell you to. At 110 in Normal dungeons, I am beating every UH DK and DH I see on bosses not just Scythe cleave trash.

** all opinions are based on pure REAL LIFE experience, not a simulator, in a real raid setting. Trial and error in numerous Heroic pugs and Mythic raiding full clears once a week since patch. Simulators are a nice tool not set in stone the way to do things.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...56287/latest/#
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ght&spec=Frost
    would of did better on M Archie this week but got a mark and had to suicide at the end... on Manny i took off the BoA and used UeH instead. Results proved themselves. Council last time I had on Anzu, but the cleave lasted a few then gurtogg dies and its a ST fight from there. I know <2k people play frost compared to the 40,000 that play UH so ranking is easier. I dont care. Im having FUN playing a spec I LIKE
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    So you want a good amount of Mastery in there too... on beta at 110 FSc hits harder then a OB crit but you lose Rime so there is the trade off and makes for fun and NOT SIMPLE game play. But tinker around with your gear, talents, then enchanst in heroic HFC pugs and find your sweet spots.
    lasted
    Do you mean normal FSc hits harder than OB crit ? If so its insane and will probably tune down.

Thank you for the many constructive and informative comments. Lots of really great information here and I appreciate that. Time to put it to the testing and practice!