Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Thanks for the info on PSUs! I think I'll just go with the cheaper one of the two then.

Last thing to decide on is the fan. Leaning toward the Thermaltake Frio Silent 14, but I feel like there's a reason everyone recommends the Evo. I just want whichever one is quiet, and I've heard that the stock fan on the Evo is a bit loud.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuki View Post
    Thanks for the info on PSUs! I think I'll just go with the cheaper one of the two then.

Last thing to decide on is the fan. Leaning toward the Thermaltake Frio Silent 14, but I feel like there's a reason everyone recommends the Evo. I just want whichever one is quiet, and I've heard that the stock fan on the Evo is a bit loud.
    says for me the evo fan is 31dB max and the thermaltake is 21dB max, but the evo fan can also spin 50% faster at max so that's not too strange.
    the evo has 1 more heatpipe. and the thermaltake is 50% more expensive where i live, which i guess means a better fan and from a quick glance probably a easier mounting system.
    biggest differnece though it that evo is 120mm and thermaltake 140mm, so seems the thermaltake is bigger overall which is ussualy better.

i don't know what version of the 780 you have, but a random review for a reference 780 says it's 37-40dBa.

Normal conversation (3 feet) 60 dBA
    Office, classroom 50 dBA Moderate
    Living room 40 dBA
    Bedroom at night 30 dBA Quiet
    Broadcast sstudio 20 dBA
    Rustling leaves 10 dBA Barely audible

to me at first glance the thermaltake seems quite expensive for what you get, assuming its 50% more expensive. you could just buy the evo and replace the fan on it if you think it's to loud for the same/less money. or you could spend ~$10 more and be in cryorig h5 territory.

i'm sure there is a site that reviews these things somewhere.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-08-05 at 09:47 AM.