Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Yes if you play in casual guilds. But we are really forced to if we want to stay in comptitive guild without being kicked.
    As long as you play well you will not be kicked. Competitive guilds will not care how far your camera is zoomed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post

This guy knows what's up. The further your camera is from your character, the more of a competitive advantage you have but the less you feel attached to your character. Well, at least I do. If raiders could zoom their camera ALL THE WAY OUT, they would -- Blizzard has to draw the line somewhere.

Just FYI - we've been able to for the past week due to the new addon. The max I've heard someone play with is 70 yards, and that was just to see if he could. Everyone who downloaded and used the addon that I've spoken to and asked haven't gone above 50 yards for comfortable play - which pretty much disproves the entire "WHATEVER THE MAX IS, PLAYERS WOULD USE THAT FOR ADVANTAGE!"-bullshit that Watcher has been clinging to. We have the ability to zoom out as far as we could ever want right now - and we're sticking to what we're *used to*, because it's comfortable, advantage notwithstanding.

Protests in CA against the floods of player tears damagaing the streets and local infrastructure has caused authorities to issue mandates for MMO service providers to adhere to camera zoom demands.

Clearly a victory for the little man today!

#SociallyStuntedLivesMatter

"Corrected an issue that would cause Hans'gar and Franzok to reset when a player outside the encounter area was targeted by Body Slam."
    Took them long enough...that bug has been reported since what...like over a year ago?

So crybabies won again. I don't like this change at all since I can't stand playing with camera maxed out. Very stupid change and it's not how WoW should be played.
    How about you DON'T zoom out the camera then? Holy hell, why would you argue against something that literally does not have an effect on you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    funny how raiders always brag about how they are the best but they whine the loudest when they are forced to play like the majority of the playerbase because that's exactly what happened here. the vast majority of players had never even heard of or used the command to increase camera distance beyond what the in-game slider did. when blizz removed it 'raiders" threw a hissy fit because they were forced to play with the same limits the most casual of wow players did everyday. once again it just shows if you bitch and whine enough blizz will cave in.
    Two things... see someone about your delusions and persecution complex, and I'd love to see the statistical sampling you did for these conclusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I knew they'd fix that bug with the camera, but at least we're getting a compromise

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    I strongly, strongly, STRONGLY disagree with this statement.
    you can do that, you're still wrong though, that's why an addon gained such big attention and made blizzard back down again and give us more distance with our cameras.

and whats with if raiders could, no we need to see what we're doing, are you a non-raider telling raiders how they should play?

Good on blizzard. The people that don't like it don't have to use it.

funny how raiders always brag about how they are the best but they whine the loudest when they are forced to play like the majority of the playerbase because that's exactly what happened here. the vast majority of players had never even heard of or used the command to increase camera distance beyond what the in-game slider did. when blizz removed it 'raiders" threw a hissy fit because they were forced to play with the same limits the most casual of wow players did everyday. once again it just shows if you bitch and whine enough blizz will cave in.
    aren't those casuals the ones paying me for their heroic/mythic archimonde boost because they're not good enough to kill it, or don't even try or just give up half way through HFC normal?

your point is fucking ridiculous because people may be ignorant and don't know things about the game others should have things removed/nerfed to these "casual wow players"

yeh some casuals won't step foot in a raid, some won't bother with the legendary questline, some won't upgrade their gear, some won't do pet battles, lets remove everything these casuals don't do bring the raiders down to their level, sounds like a disaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Good on blizzard. The people that don't like it don't have to use it.
    but but but, we're ruining their gaming experience by being better than them with more camera distance

The limit was always 50, not knowing the command pretty much just means you didn't need it in the first place.
    And instead of giving everyone the knowledge or the possibility to raise their maxCdistance, enjoying the qol upgrade, they catered to the uninformed/handicapped, punishing those who have the knowledge/capabilities.
    It's like taxing the rich more because the majority don't want to put in the effort to learn a new/efficient way of making money, or they don't care.

tl:dr: step up your game instead of complaining about those who did
    Last edited by Walrock; 2016-08-05 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    right more camera distance is ruining wow, not like we've had it since the game began.
    That's not at all what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    That's not at all what they said.
    yeh i'm not going to discuss the thousands of decisions where the playerbase is wrong/right and the same with blizzard, this is about the camera distance and like flying the playerbase is right, you don't remove things for dumb reasons, maybe if blizzard played the game to a good standard they would realise why it matters, and thats melee fighting a boss thats 50ft tall and just completely obscures your view of everything, it's not skill when you can't see anything, and flying was basically "promised" and it's expected and i think blizzard just got lazy and couldn't be bothered to add it, so they could work more on legion, well blizzard need to get a slap on the ass when they're naughty and the playerbase don't let them get away with bad/lazy decisions.

of course there are many who would just play the game and never complain, those are the sheep that should never talk to anyone on mmo-c if you think blizzard should be able to just change whatever they want and we should just be happy and accept it thats stupid. criticism is required and sometimes blizzard doesn't listen, well a lot of the times blizzard don't thats why class balance often gets so terrible, so we have to resort to extremes to be heard.

Yes if you play in casual guilds. But we are really forced to if we want to stay in comptitive guild without being kicked.
    Are all raid members in your guild required to stream through twitch during raids so that RL can inspect them? Or are you just pulling arguments out of your a**?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    If WoW was designed by player vote, it would have closed down years ago
    Wildstar being the best exemple of this

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeh i'm not going to discuss the thousands of decisions where the playerbase is wrong/right and the same with blizzard, this is about the camera distance and like flying the playerbase is right, you don't remove things for dumb reasons, maybe if blizzard played the game to a good standard they would realise why it matters, and thats melee fighting a boss thats 50ft tall and just completely obscures your view of everything, it's not skill when you can't see anything, and flying was basically "promised" and it's expected and i think blizzard just got lazy and couldn't be bothered to add it, so they could work more on legion, well blizzard need to get a slap on the ass when they're naughty and the playerbase don't let them get away with bad/lazy decisions.

of course there are many who would just play the game and never complain, those are the sheep that should never talk to anyone on mmo-c if you think blizzard should be able to just change whatever they want and we should just be happy and accept it thats stupid. criticism is required and sometimes blizzard doesn't listen, well a lot of the times blizzard don't thats why class balance often gets so terrible, so we have to resort to extremes to be heard.

Don't waste your breath man, you are arguing with ppl who don't raid past normal. 11 post-capped thread in the offical forums showed that anyone who argues against reverting this change have no idea where the problem lies.

Thank...the good...lord....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

I don't understand why they wouldn't just put the new max view distance on the slider bar in the settings. Maybe the new Action cam wont work past a certain distance and that's why they changed it in the first place. They wouldn't want to make it easy to change the settings to the max because then people would have problems with the Action Cam. If that's true its pretty disingenuous to try to come up with some other reason for reducing the max distance you can zoom out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    As long as you play well you will not be kicked. Competitive guilds will not care how far your camera is zoomed out.
    Or in.
    PoV camera on m Manno and Archie is fun.
    Not really competitive tho.

Anyhow, Blizzard did the right thing.
    Things like camera/vision in games needs to be properly discussed before being randomly changed to some random number.
    Not only does is impact the feel of the world (No, I don't see WoW as a character driven MMO, I view it as a world driven MMO), it can cause big displeasure and even health issues just changing it.
    They should change encounters/spells to show their resolution to the advantage that more vision would give, not the zooming out itself.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-08-05 at 03:57 AM.

i prefer to play wow in first person view anyway so it doesnt bother me one bit