Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Ok guys, watched a few hours of Reckful and Ziko (I think it was him) playing double frost mage healer in legion.

I must say, it is easier than it sounds to pull that off.

This is what they did most of the time:
    - 5 Frostbolts not necessarily in a row, if you get interrupt you spam Polymorph, they took their time;
    - "weak" Glacial Spike > 2x "Superfrostbolt" into GS freeze effect;
    - 3 Frostbolts to reach the 5 stacks required for GS (so they have 2 superfrostbolts and 3 frostbolts in total);
    - "strong" Glacial Spike which hits for 60-70%+ of a health bar.

More or less every 45/60 sec they were able to pull a "strong" GS (with just 2 superfrostbolts) which hits for 60-70% of a healthbar.

Many times they managed to get more than 2 superfrostbolts (you can stack them on different targets too, in the case your target becomes immune to novas for a short time).

Ziko with 4-5 superfrostbolts hit for 3M+ :O. He 100-0ed his targets several times while Reckful was still busy building his huge GSs LOL (and vice-versa in some cases).

two out of five healing specs can dispel ice form without any problem
    Can't you simply CC the healer? I mean, you spam frostbolts, if your frost school gets interrupted, you spam Polymorph, and vice-versa, so it is not that hard to land a Polymorph on the healer.

No that it is required, sometimes they didn't even bother to CC the healer, considering that 3M+ GS cannot be healed .

Btw I'm not asking for nerfs, just for tweaks. Frost mages feel so one trick. We have GS hitting for 3M+ and unshattered frostbolts hitting for 50-100k. I mean...(forgot to add, Ice Lance and Cone of Cold could as well be removed lol).

Deep shatter requires the target to be frozen, since playing with lonely winter means you have no pet nova your only ranged freeze is ice nova
    GS itself freezes its targets for 4 secs (so you can easily shatter 2 Frostbolts). So there are (excluding pet nova) GS, Frost Nova and Ice Nova as freeze effects (plus, eventually, the freeze effects of the other players, you can, in fact, shatter a target frozen by another frost mage for example).
    Last edited by Seneca; 2016-08-10 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    Ok guys, watched a few hours of Reckful and Ziko (I think it was him) playing double frost mage healer in legion.

I must say, it is easier than it sounds to pull that off.

- 5 Frostbolts not necessarily in a row, if you get interrupt you spam Polymorph, they took their time;
    - 3 Frostbolts to reach the 5 stacks required for GS (so they have 2 superfrostbolts and 3 frostbolts in total);

More or less every 45/60 sec they were able to pull a "strong" GS (with just 2 superfrostbolts) which hits for 60-70% of a healthbar.

Many times they managed to get more than 2 superfrostbolts (you can stack them on different targets too, in the case your target becomes immune to novas for a short time).

Ziko with 4-5 superfrostbolts hit for 3M+ :O. He 100-0ed his targets several times while Reckful was still busy building his huge GSs LOL (and vice-versa in some cases).

Can't you simply CC the healer? I mean, you spam frostbolts, if your frost school gets interrupted, you spam Polymorph, and vice-versa, so it is not that hard to land a Polymorph on the healer.

No that it is required, sometimes they didn't even bother to CC the healer, considering that 3M+ GS cannot be healed .

Btw I'm not asking for nerfs, just for tweaks. Frost mages feel so one trick. We have GS hitting for 3M+ and unshattered frostbolts hitting for 50-100k. I mean...(forgot to add, Ice Lance and Cone of Cold could as well be removed lol).

GS itself freezes its targets for 4 secs (so you can easily shatter 2 Frostbolts). So there are (excluding pet nova) GS, Frost Nova and Ice Nova as freeze effects (plus, eventually, the freeze effects of the other players, you can, in fact, shatter a target frozen by another frost mage for example).
    So you are comparing 2x R1 players with the random scrubs you get in skirmishes on beta ? that's not a very accurate comparison.

Also I'd like to say that 2x frost mages can use each other's novas for shatter which means they're helping each other stack superfrostbolts most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    So you are comparing 2x R1 players with the random scrubs you get in skirmishes on beta ? that's not a very accurate comparison.
    As far as I know Reckful played that mage a few hours lol. He didn't even bind many spells. Inside the arenas there was Ziko explaining Rekful what to do, I mean...

Many times that his frost school was kicked he didn't even bother to cast poly and just kept jumping around waiting for the interrupt to end. They didn't even need to poly anyone most of the time, I mean, if you oneshot a player what's the point of CCing the healer.

All Reckful did most of the time was casting frostbolts on whoever was nearby. Whenever he was interrupted, he just waited a few secs, not even bothering to use Polymorph 9 out of 10 times. In an arena he was kicked and Los'ed like 10 times in a row, but they still won eventually.

Also I'd like to say that 2x frost mages can use each other's novas for shatter which means they're helping each other stack superfrostbolts most likely.
    They didn't play double frost mage the whole time. Reckful played warrior, spriest and rogue too (Ziko alone was still hitting for 3M+ though).

Again, just to be clear, I am not calling for nerfs, but for a shift in power, isn't it sad that you can kill a player with a Glacial Spike but you need, like, 50 unshattered frostbolts to do the same thing?

Edit:

Btw it seems some hours ago GS got nerfed in a way, or to better clarify:

"We've made a hotfix change to Deep Shatter. Icicles will no longer benefit from the extra damage from Deep Shatter. We think this change allows both Deep Shatter and Glacial Spike to feel powerful on their own."
    Last edited by Seneca; 2016-08-10 at 10:51 AM.

Btw it seems some hours ago GS got nerfed in a way, or to better clarify:
    so now the spec can once again go from being terrible overall + having a gimmick one shot mechanic, to just being completely terrible overall

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    That laugh hurts my brain.

That was a 2 million hit. They had 1.4 mill HP. I smell a bug.
    It sounded like a retarded seth rogan

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    so now the spec can once again go from being terrible overall + having a gimmick one shot mechanic, to just being completely terrible overall
    Well they forgot to hotfix the rest of the underpowered kit

Well they forgot to hotfix the rest of the underpowered kit
    more non existant then underpowered, but agreed other then that

I play Resto Druid. Yesterday I was carrying the flag across Warsong passing some enemies, healing and staying at about 80-90% at that time.
    As my hots were ticking, I passed a mage as I then entered the tunnel. I thought I was still at my 80-90% HP having all my possible hots up... 2 secs later I check my HP again and I was down to 5-10% after one frost mage hit. Unable to heal back up I died within 2 secs after the hit.
    Im not a noob or underequipped, however I find it quiet disturbing to drop 90% of my HP by one hit, no being able to even heal against ONE SINGLE frost mage.
    Am I wrong?
    Thanks for feedback

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to close the loop on this, I know a lot of people disagreed with us on calling out this ability but imo.. i've played this game for 11 years and 10 of which have been mage which in itself means nothing except to testify to my mindset.

I feel like we should be looking for the best gameplay possible, not whats most OP for our classes. This was a clear cut case of an ability that was bad for game flow. The overall game benefits most when people are honest with feedback and not justifying garbage like 2-3.7M crits off a minimal set up. That is bullsh^t, common.

Blizz made the right call on it.

Deleted

It's especially quicker than I expected. It needed to be nerfed, but am wondering if it's healthy to keep this playstyle. Might just be too much obstacle compared to other classes. (also taking into acounter non high ranked pvpers)