DFA returning up to 4 Combo points when used with anticipation.

DFA seems to leave you with 1 combo point when used at 5, 3 when used at 6, 5 when used at 7, and 7 when used at 8, whereas all other finishers leave you with 1 no matter how many points were had when cast. Is this working as intended?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not likely
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I would say this isn't working as intended. I tried roll the bones, run through and death from above at max combo points with anticipation and get 4 combo points with run through and roll the bones and 7 with death from above everytime I used them.

I think death from above is double proccing the banked combo points.
    Last edited by Kaos Incarnate; 2016-08-05 at 09:29 PM.

If this is combat http://www.wowhead.com/spell=14161/ruthlessness =1 cp + 3 banked cp's with anticipation = 4 cp's after finisher

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    If this is combat http://www.wowhead.com/spell=14161/ruthlessness =1 cp + 3 banked cp's with anticipation = 4 cp's after finisher
    Currently though at 8 cp, when using dfa you get 7 cp, which suggests the banked cp's are being doubled and adding the extra from ruthlessness when using dfa.
    Last edited by Kaos Incarnate; 2016-08-05 at 10:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have noticed with Deeper Strategem as Outlaw that sometimes I will do a 6cp finisher and end up with 2cp

I believe that Ruthlessness may be functioning awkwardly, and that "20% chance per cp" means that the 120% chance from 6cp gives a guaranteed 1cp and 20% chance for an ADDITIONAL cp.

I'm not sure. But I have DEFINITELY ended up with 2cp after a finisher.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I have noticed with Deeper Strategem as Outlaw that sometimes I will do a 6cp finisher and end up with 2cp

I believe that Ruthlessness may be functioning awkwardly, and that "20% chance per cp" means that the 120% chance from 6cp gives a guaranteed 1cp and 20% chance for an ADDITIONAL cp.

I'm not sure. But I have DEFINITELY ended up with 2cp after a finisher.
    That's working as intended. 100% chance from the first 5cp and you get an additional 20% chance at gaining a 2nd combo point from the 6th cp used. I can't remember where I saw it, but I think there was someone who asked a GM about it and they confirmed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    DFA has always been wonky with anticipation. It's something to do with the initial aoe DFA hit, and the secondary Eviscerate (now Run Through) and their interaction with Ruthlessness.

That being said, it's probably not intended.