Class Order Hall, best setup?

Are Order Hall upgrades important or does not really matter what i will pick? What you guys plan to use? Respeccing cost alot and is time consuming so would like to know what i want to pick before Legion.

Deleted
    No they aren't, the first one might help leveling but later on you should switch it to the extra success chance on missions anyway, the rest are just flavor pretty much. Only important thing is to make sure you have enough resources to start the next one as the previous one is done, so you don't delay the access to 2nd legendary.

Here's what I think about them:

First Tier: Well Prepared (Additional Quest Upgrade Chance) vs The Hunt (+20% First Mission Success)
    I believe that The Hunt is the best choice. As Well Prepared only works on non repeatable quests it doesn't effect world quests which would make it worthwhile.

The Hunt seems mediocre until you realize that on special missions, having an additional success chance to get as close to 200% as possible is ideal. A success chance over 100% has a (X-100)% chance to award a bonus item specific to that mission. As an example, the raid item mission's bonus item is another bonus roll coin.

Second Tier: Twisting Nether (fight a boss for consumable/class item) vs Vengeful Retreat (+10% success for missions with minions)
    This will come down to personal choice. The bosses in twisting nether drop class consumables which only take effect while not in raids, rated pvp, or keystone dungeons. They also have a low chance to drop the Vengeance hidden skin and a Demon Hunter only pet Vengeful Eye (may be more items). Once you get the skin and pet, you will probably want to change from twisting to vengeful.

Third Tier: Training Grounds (+1 max to both minion types) vs Fel Armaments (work orders for follower upgrade items)
    Fel Armaments is the easy choice here. You can put in work orders for 50 order resources which will give +5/10/15 follower ilevel upgrade items, or green/blue/purple follower equipment (reduced mission time, success rate under certain conditions, etc). Later on, you may swap to Training Grounds once all your followers are max ilevel and equipped with purple gear.

Fourth Tier: Naga Myrmidons (Ashtonge +5%) vs Demonic Power (Adepts +15% against each Minions or Hazards)
    Another easy choice. You'll almost never have a mission without either Minions or Hazards, and sometimes you'll even have both for +30%.

Fifth Tier: Fel Hammer's Wrath (Autocomplete WQ) vs Focused War Effort (Bonus roll coin for resources)
    I haven't actually gotten this tier in the beta, but this seems like another personal choice. Wrath lets you pick 1 quest every 3 days and just complete it. Considering you'll be doing 10s of world quests per day, it seems fairly mediocre. On the other hand the bonus seal can be just purchaced with order resources or gold already, so depending on its cost, and your personal wealth it doesn't provide much of a benefit.
    Honestly, since there are still issues sometimes with some world quests registering completion, Hammer's Wrath may be useful as you won't have to go kill that world boss a second time because you didn't get credit.

Sixth Tier: No choice.

They also recently made large chances to the respec cost of order advancement. Now, the first tier takes 1 day and 500 resources to change, and every other tier costs 2k resources and 3 days to swap. This is a large negative chance to the first 2 tiers, as you could have used Well Prepared for leveling then spent 50 resources and 1 hour to swap it after hitting 110. Since this is no longer possible, I suggest picking The Hunt from the start. This is a very good change for the later tiers though as you can now swap them at a much more reasonable resource and time cost.

But I can respec just first tier without reseting higher ranks? Or everything will reset? Well Prepared looks good while leveling.

You can only be researching 1 item at a time. So the time spent researching a respec is time you can't be researching a higher tier.

While it only takes 2 hours and 50 resources to research the first tier, it takes 500 resources and 24 hours to switch. I've found that the possible upgrades you get while leveling were quickly outgrown by even regular dungeon loot.

But the item can upgrade few times if I remember right so I can get even endgame item right? Or I mixed things?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    But the item can upgrade few times if I remember right so I can get even endgame item right? Or I mixed things?
    It can upgrade to epic, but iirc most quest rewards top out at 780-790, with a few 800 items. Normal dungeon loot at 110 is 805+, heroic is 825+ and mythic is 840+

Even if you were to get exceedingly lucky, you wouldn't have anything that couldn't be replaced by heroic dungeon loot. I don't think the bonus upgrade chance is worth the 1 day and 500 order resources to swap from after the relatively short time you spend leveling.

In WoD it was useful, as you could actually get a few pieces of gear upgraded past heroic ilevel in Nagrand if you had a bunker, this isn't so much the case in Legion.

Is it worth sending followers on missions during leveling btw? I read somewhere that you shouldn't since you need every resource possible once you reach max level. It sounded reasonable but don't you need higher level followers for the class campaign missions?

(Decided to ask here since i cba to make a thread just for the question).

Fifth Tier: I am swimming in resources so I took the Fel Hammer's Wrath and kept it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Is it worth sending followers on missions during leveling btw? I read somewhere that you shouldn't since you need every resource possible once you reach max level. It sounded reasonable but don't you need higher level followers for the class campaign missions?

While leveling I sent them on missions for Campaign, XP, AP, and Follower XP. I did not waste my time on gold missions or follower upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

is it possible to swap choices if we want (maybe for some currency) ?

Deleted
    It costs order hall resources and you can't do it at the same time as you're researching something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    No they aren't, the first one might help leveling but later on you should switch it to the extra success chance on missions anyway, the rest are just flavor pretty much. Only important thing is to make sure you have enough resources to start the next one as the previous one is done, so you don't delay the access to 2nd legendary.
    Yeah, because you're probably going to get two legendaries real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by ayvanas View Post
    is it possible to swap choices if we want (maybe for some currency) ?
    Yes, but it takes much more time than it took to train it initially, and you can't research any other upgrade while you're switching, so you're delaying your entire order hall progression a good bit. (Also costs some order hall resources)
    Last edited by nocendi; 2016-08-08 at 08:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    I doubt getting two legendaries will be a concern for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Aralon View Post
    I doubt getting two legendaries will be a concern for most people.
    +RNG and no way to target them (at the start might be possible once we get there) kinda bad unless you have 2 already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post

You need to complete follower missions for your order hall campaign, other than that it isn't SUPER important. You can get +AP and +EXP items by completing them though.

I initially went with Well Prepared and Vengeful Retreat, then ended up swapping them out when I hit 110 and got my followers all upgraded.