Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Demon Hunter Preview, Upcoming PvP Stat Template Changes, Season 3 Disqualifications

Season 7 is Live! - Season 7 Resources & Starter Builds

Weekend Wacky Wild Decks

Account Suspension Wave, Matchmaker Mechanics Explained

Overwatch Competitive Season 1 Ends August 17th

Becoming Illidari: A Look at the Demon Hunter
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Early access to the new Demon Hunter class will be available starting August 9 to those who have pre-purchased the Legion expansion and have at least one level 70 character on their realm. To help you prepare for your new role as one of the Illidari, we’ve sent scouts into Mardum to learn more about this powerful hero.

To begin your training, Game Designers Eric Maloof and Graham Berger team up to take you through the features of the Demon Hunter in this class preview video.

One of the newest recruits to the Illidari, you’ll begin your journey at level 98 in demon infested Mardum. As you make your way through this dangerous land, you’ll begin to learn the skills of a Demon Hunter, their history, and become proficient in harnessing the power that goes along with your chosen path. Be warned – not every Illidari makes it through. Ask yourself this question —What are you willing to sacrifice to save Azeroth from the Burning Legion?

Before you make your character, you’ll need to know a little bit more about this hero class. In order to create a Demon Hunter, you’ll need to have at least one level 70 character on your account. You’ll also need to choose between two races within the character creation screen – Night Elf or Blood Elf. To take part in the early access for the Demon Hunter, you’ll also want to purchase the Legion expansion, though everyone who purchases the expansion will gain access when Legion releases on August 30.

Here are just some of the great abilities you’ll have to look forward to when you embrace the ways of the Illidari:

As one of the Illidari’s newest recruits, you’ll begin your journey at level 98 on the shattered, demon-infested world of Mardum. As you make your way through this dangerous land, you’ll begin to learn the Demon Hunter’s skills, gain an understanding of their history, and start to become proficient in harnessing the power comes with your chosen path. Be warned—not every Illidari has made it through this trial. Ask yourself this question: What are you willing to sacrifice to save Azeroth from the Burning Legion?

Before you make your character, you’ll need to know a little bit more about the requirements for unlocking this hero class. In order to create a Demon Hunter, you’ll need to have at least one level 70 character on your realm. You’ll also have the option to choose between two races: Night Elf or Blood Elf. To take part in the early access period for the Demon Hunter, you’ll also want to pre-purchase the Legion expansion. Everyone who purchases the expansion after it launches on August 30 will also gain access to the class.

Here are just some of the potent abilities you’ll have at your disposal when you embrace the ways of the Illidari:

Spectral Sight: Demon Hunters’ blindness belies their true powers of perception. They rely on magically augmented sight to detect enemies—even those that hide behind obstacles.

Metamorphosis: Demon Hunters transform into hellish forms, enhancing their formidable powers. Damage-focused Illidari gain incredible swiftness and damage allowing them to finish their prey, while those who prize defense become nigh invincible in their demonic forms.

Demon Hunters also possess supernatural mobility: They can double-jump, vault in and out of combat, and even glide with their wings unfurled to unexpectedly descend upon their prey and surprise enemies from above.

Learn even more about the Demon Hunter by watching the Developer Q&A Part 1 and Part 2 with Senior Game Designer Jonathan LeCraft.

You are now a little more prepared to be the hero Azeroth needs against the Burning Legion. Good luck on the battlefield—even with such power at your disposal, you’re going to need it.

Upcoming PvP Stat Template Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    The following changes are currently being tested. We'll merge these notes into the above post once they are applied to Live and Beta:

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Marksmanship
    Stat Template
    • Agility: 115% (up from 100%)
    • Mastery: 75% (down from 100%)
    • Haste: 175% (up from 100%)
    • Critical Strike: 50% (down from 100%)
    Spell Multipliers
    • Marked Shot deals 80% damage in PvP.

Survival
    Stat Template
    • Armor: 125% (up from 100%)
    • Mastery: 25% (down from 100%)
    • Haste: 50% (down from 100%)
    • Critical Strike: 75% (down from 100%)
    • Versatility: 200% (up from 100%)

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Subtlety
    Stat Template
    • Agility: 70% (down from 85%)

Outlaw
    Stat Template
    • Agility: 80% (down from 100%)

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Windwalker
    Spell Multipliers
    • Serenity is reduced to 25% bonus damage and healing in PvP (down from 40%)Note: Spiritual Focus artifact trait increases this to 30%
    • Storm, Earth, and Fire damage is reduced by 10% in PvP
    • Transfer the Power artifact trait reduced by 40% in PvPTransfer the Power will be a 30% increase to Fists of Fury damage at 10 stacks, down from 50%.

Warlords Season 3 PvP Disqualifications
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    As part of our ongoing commitment to maintaining the integrity of Arena and Rated Battleground ladders, we’ve been scouring the ladders regularly for players who engage in win-trading, boosting, and other such harmful activities. Historically, disqualifications have only taken place once a season has concluded, but we’ve been performing these investigations throughout Warlords Season 3.

As a result, we’ve identified a number of accounts—over 6,000 in total throughout the season—that had engaged in such behavior. These players were explicitly and purposefully disrupting the rated ladders in an attempt to gain or provide other players an unfair advantage and/or rewards that they didn’t deserve. As a result, the accounts that were identified as benefiting from these actions, as well as the accounts of the players who performed them, have been disqualified from earning rewards in Warlords Season 3.

Among the most recently affected players were some from teams that had qualified for our upcoming Road to BlizzCon 2016 regional tournaments. Following a thorough investigation of these accounts, these players are also disqualified—and as stated in the official tournament rules (NA, EU), these players are now ineligible to continue competing in this year’s Road to BlizzCon. Affected teams will be contacted by Blizzard and allowed to use their one roster swap (if available) to bring in another player so that they can continue competing. Should a team be unable to maintain a roster of at least three players, they will be disqualified and replaced with the runner-up team from the same qualifier cup.

We are committed to upholding the integrity and competitive nature of our ladders. We’re looking forward to a truly epic Road to BlizzCon, and can’t wait to see how things progress into Regionals and the Legion expansion.
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-08-06 at 07:26 PM.

"Warlords Season 3 PvP Disqualifications" - Good for them! I'm not a competitive pvp player, but I'm glad to see things like this. I hate it for any that may not be actually guilty.. but very happy to see they are actively looking into stuff like this. Very cool indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    "Warlords Season 3 PvP Disqualifications" - Good for them! I'm not a competitive pvp player, but I'm glad to see things like this. I hate it for any that may not be actually guilty.. but very happy to see they are actively looking into stuff like this. Very cool indeed.
    About 7 seasons too slow for me. Win trading has been an issue since TBC and is just now being addressed. It's about time though, nothing better than seeing cheaters lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    About 7 seasons too slow for me. Win trading has been an issue since TBC and is just now being addressed. It's about time though, nothing better than seeing cheaters lose.
    Pity it is still very much a slap on the wrist. They get no season rewards for this season but otherwise no punishment. I mean if you are not going to get season rewards without cheating and the only punishment for getting caught is to not get rewards then you may as well cheat. If you get caught you haven't lost anything anyway.

I mean, why not do something meaningful, strip all past PvP rewards and titles from the account and flag the account so it can't get PvP rewards in the future. That would be at least some sort of deterrent assuming they are stopping short of doing anything significant like suspending or banning the account.
    Last edited by Sulika; 2016-08-06 at 08:47 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop crying over a positive post. Its better later than never, atleast they adress it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver View Post
    Pity it is still very much a slap on the wrist. They get no season rewards for this season but otherwise no punishment. I mean if you are not going to get season rewards without cheating and the only punishment for getting caught is to not get rewards then you may as well cheat. If you get caught you haven't lost anything anyway.
    They lost their time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad blizzard are active in their crackdown on PvP cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by zcrooked View Post
    Stop crying over a positive post. Its better later than never, atleast they adress it.

- - - Updated - - -

They lost their time.
    I've been wintraded past twice in season 5 and 6 losing me glad titles, I'll bitch about it all I want. Shit's been an issue for far too long, now they just need more strict punishment for repeat offenders and to perma ban people who DDoS for titles.

15+ Year Old Account

Demon Hunter Preview, Upcoming PvP Stat Template Changes, Season 3 Disqualifications

It amazes me how they can shit over all their Europe fan base by constantly saying august 9, like its a WW release, when we in fact first get DH at August 10.

They even say it on the official European wow page, where people also gets annoyed by this

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    It amazes me how they can shit over all their Europe fan base by constantly saying august 9, like its a WW release, when we in fact first get DH at August 10.

They even say it on the official European wow page, where people also gets annoyed by this
    Europe has always gotten everything before the US...so for like the first time in wow's history where they haven't it's because blizzard is shitting on them?

Deleted
    I've been wintraded past twice in season 5 and 6 losing me glad titles, I'll bitch about it all I want. Shit's been an issue for far too long, now they just need more strict punishment for repeat offenders and to perma ban people who DDoS for titles.
    I am all for this but the problem with DDoS attacks is that they usually originate from botnets and the people in WoW who commit those attacks do actually just "rent" botnets and then spam their target - so for Blizzard there is absolutely no way to know that they are doing this. Yeah, they could monitor if people that are matched again such a person end up getting high packet loss/ latency but even then that is probably not enough evidence for them to take action. Only thing you can do against that is by making sure that you never connect to a TeamSpeak/ any other server (or use Skype) with you real ip. If I ever were to do that, I would use a VPN just for the voice chat.

The EU blog post does say August 10: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...e-demon-hunter

Love how they're emphasizing this:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Metamorphosis: Demon Hunters transform into hellish forms, enhancing their formidable powers. Damage-focused Illidari gain incredible swiftness and damage allowing them to finish their prey, while those who prize defense become nigh invincible in their demonic forms.
    And yet even Vampiric Blood is far, far better and up as much as 3 times as often.

Europe has always gotten everything before the US...so for like the first time in wow's history where they haven't it's because blizzard is shitting on them?
    Thats being shit on?! Spare a thought for people who have bought the boxed CE version. We have to wait until release day to play the Demon Hunter. We have to wait THREE WEEKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver View Post

I mean, why not do something meaningful, strip all past PvP rewards and titles from the account and flag the account so it can't get PvP rewards in the future. That would be at least some sort of deterrent assuming they are stopping short of doing anything significant like suspending or banning the account.
    Win-trading and boosting is not cheating or exploiting. They deserve nothing of that you suggest. They're only guilty of disrupting the ladder, not disrupting the game, therefore the only punishment of exile from the ladder they disrupted is logical.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

They aren't "shitting all over us", speak for yourself. The EU post, says August 10 just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lichbane View Post
    Thats being shit on?! Spare a thought for people who have bought the boxed CE version. We have to wait until release day to play the Demon Hunter. We have to wait THREE WEEKS.
    Either way, chalk it down as "First world problems".

10+ Year Old Account
    AND people who bought boxed CE version don't get lvl100 boost even if they pre-ordered afaik

haha oh snap! took a while but it really seems that blizz is hammering down on those who cheat in anything now o.O

Pre order and get a CE

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Pre order and get a CE
    "Buy the game twice" isn't a reasonable solution.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Oh Boo Hoo. As an Oceanic player I've always known just to add another day to whatever the American dates are. One would assume any semi-intelligent person wouldn't be "outraged" by timezones.