Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's bullshit for two reasons :
    - You can't "votekick" in premade.
    - You can't trade loots if said loot is an upgrade.

This "problem" is solved by either : Made your own group, Go with your friends / guild.

Next time, tell them you can't trade it because it's an upgrade, link them a blue post if needed and go on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    1 random who brings a friend or two is more likely.
    So in other words still negligible chances since two are never enough to vote someone out. Also I am still unsure if there even is a vote since I never saw one pop up on beta or live.

I am not going to read the 3 pages of replies but my suggestion is:

dont pick up the loot, wait until its sent to your mailbox no one is going to see and no one is going to complain that you got something better

be a motherfu** just like they are

good luck

Deleted
    I was running a mythic dungeons the other day and won an item (boots) via the personal loot system. I was immediately addressed to hand it over (apparently it was a group of friends). I refused (since I actually needed that item) and as soon as I equipped it I was removed from group on last boss.

I talked to a guildy about it and apparently this is quite common. the only way I could describe this kind of behavior is Bullying (give it up - or else). this causes blizz original intention to enable players to trade items won via PL to be abused and even encourage this kind of toxic behavior.

imho, blizz should either disable the trading option, or constitute an established penalty mechanism against it.

thoughts?
    Wow, so someone was an idiot in a group? I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened in this game. You can't ask Blizz to moderate human behavior - people are jerks and sometimes you get hurt because of it. If you don't want that to happen, play singleplayer games.

Deleted
    I never intended to trade it (since it was an upgrade) so I wasn't even aware to those limitations. regardless, there are various scenarios in which I would not hand it over (Off spec, making room to a crafted piece with combined higher ilvl contribution etc.). I OFFERED loot I didn't need lots of times, but this should be my choice and not being forced to it. if that guy would have asked politely then I might have given it to him but that was not the case.

- - - Updated - - -

this is an issue. never said it was huge but it does exists. if you don't have anything to contribute to this thread feel free to ignore it and go being productive somewhere else. I don't like your foul mouthing either, the least you can do is to pretend to act civilized.
    You said it was quite common, which it isn't.
    So stop lieing, grow some thicker skin and continue on with your life.

Also the internet is not the place for you if you can't handle a "fuck off".
    Maybe you should disconnect from the internet ad create your self a nice safe space.

I was running a mythic dungeons the other day and won an item (boots) via the personal loot system. I was immediately addressed to hand it over (apparently it was a group of friends). I refused (since I actually needed that item) and as soon as I equipped it I was removed from group on last boss.

I talked to a guildy about it and apparently this is quite common. the only way I could describe this kind of behavior is Bullying (give it up - or else). this causes blizz original intention to enable players to trade items won via PL to be abused and even encourage this kind of toxic behavior.

imho, blizz should either disable the trading option, or constitute an established penalty mechanism against it.

thoughts?
    Seen it a few times over the years, heard about it maybe twice since the patch (one of the random guilds on a non-main server). Just report them and have your guildies report them, so they get their ban tick up quicker. And take screenshots.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    - You can't trade loots if said loot is an upgrade.
    Nothing else needs to be said.

pretty much got what I came for. to sum it up:

1) prefer premade groups with people you trust (pointing the obvious)
    2) make your own groups while keeping group leader to yourself
    3) tell people the item you won is an upgrade/coined and can't be traded (probably easiest solution if you can lie)
    4) either way, refuse to hand over loot unless it's your own decision. leave group/report player in that case.
    5) making PL won invisible is not a bad idea at all, maybe something that should be considered by blizz. oterwise, consider not picking up loot and just wait till it's mailed to you.
    6) while it does happen, it isn't common (or uncommon) as people might think. the system do need some solution to it but it realy isn't something drastic. while frustrating, just re - que for another dungeon.
    7)while there is a substantial amount of people ignoring the moral issue I was glad to see some actually offered a constructive and productive point of view.

thank you all for your input.

Personally, I would just /lol at them and equip it and if I get kicked just queue up for another run. I still got gear and they didn't and in the grand scheme of things this is a pretty small issue.

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    BREAKING NEWS!

This just in: playing in a group with friends/guild mates has advantages in this game!
    Am I the only one that read this in Professor Farnsworth voice?

10+ Year Old Account
    never heard of this and you cant trade items if you dont have an item of the same ilvl or higher in the same slot, so i dont see how this can work proberly
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I've had the opposite experience. I've been gearing some of my alts and run dungeons where people are giving me quite a few drops to help me out.

ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE FOR ALL!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Blizz should make loot you get invisible to others. You can always post loot to your friends/guild if you want to trade, but random fucktards dont need to know what you just looted.
    I was going to suggest that they should disable this "trade feature", but your suggestion might actually be a way of saving it. Kudos!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    I've had the opposite experience. I've been gearing some of my alts and run dungeons where people are giving me quite a few drops to help me out.

ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE FOR ALL!!!
    HOW DARE YOU SAYING SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT THIS GAME

Everything sucks.
    Randoms sucks
    LFR sucks
    The dailies suck
    The Mrs obviously doesn't suck
    The content sucks
    The community sucks
    Everything sucks, exept the one thing that should be..

Quote Originally Posted by mmorav View Post
    I am not going to read the 3 pages of replies but my suggestion is:

dont pick up the loot, wait until its sent to your mailbox no one is going to see and no one is going to complain that you got something better

be a motherfu** just like they are

good luck
    This is valid advice. /thread

I've been doing a ton of mythic dungeons on several toons since the pre expansion patch to get the agi heirloom trinket. I haven't experienced this yet.

Deleted

thoughts?
    I'm actually curious how this happened since if items are at least ilvl upgrades, its impossible to trade them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Is this the go-to jerk answer for anything regarding groups in the game now?

It was just a rhetorical question btw.
    It does speak volumes that other peoples behaviour has to be fixed by us, rather than those causing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    I make my own group for Mythics 100% of the time. It doesn't take any longer nor does it require any special skills or knowledge, so there is really no reason not to do the same in case you are worried about this.
    People? As an exercise in logic, what happens if we all make our own groups and no one joins other people's groups?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt even know this was possible. I thought all Personal Loot were untradeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.