Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Then you guys are as big of an asshole as the asshole. You could just as easily put them on ignore.
    And they could just keep their comments to themselves instead of trying to ruin someones day. Especially when 4 other players in a dungeon group are from the same guild. There are plenty of coulds and couldn'ts, but in the end - i don't care if people think that we act like assholes to assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And they could just keep his comments to himself instead of trying to ruin someones day. Especially when 4 other players in a dungeon group are from the same guild. There are plenty of coulds and couldn'ts, but in the end - i don't care if people think that we act like assholes to assholes.
    And that is the whole problem with the wow playerbase these days. Trying to rationalize idiotic behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that is the whole problem with the wow playerbase these days. Trying to rationalize idiotic behavior.
    I would say that it's trying to shut down toxicity at its roots. Ignore is not a punishment, it's ignore of a problem. Do you ignore gold sell spammers in chat or report them? Yeah, if i can kick an asshole for acting like an asshole - i will. Even over a lower-performing person. Because people can get better at the game, but toxicity ruins all raids/guilds/parties eventually
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Never seen that happen either and I been playing for `11 years now.
    So quite common my ass.
    Just seems like a predictable variation on what used to happen in dragon soul LFR: people needing on everything in the hopes of selling (extorting/accepting bribes on) it to someone from their server.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I would say that it's trying to shut down toxicity at its roots. Ignore is not a punishment, it's ignore of a problem. Do you ignore gold sell spammers in chat or report them? Yeah, if i can kick an asshole for acting like an asshole - i will. Even over a lower-performing person. Because people can get better at the game, but toxicity ruins all raids/guilds/parties eventually
    See what I mean about rationalizing? That is all you are doing. By putting them on your ignore list, you are no longer bothered by what they say, nor will you ever get grouped with them again, which is punishment to them. One less group they can run with. If everyone did this, they would eventually have to stop acting like an ass, or run out groups to run with. You are just as toxic as they are.

while that is really terrible behaviour, blizz cant step in to police every form of bad behaviour on players parts. To do so would be an even more severe disadvantage and a very "this is why we cant have good things" situation

I dont even think you can trade it if its PL and its an upgrade for you. Personally I think players like that aught to have their a counts suspended unless they can show they told you before the group started what to expect, and even then Im happy PL isnt really allowing defacto ML.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I refused (since I actually needed that item)
    If by "refused" do you mean "flame the shit out of them"?

I'm guessing you got kicked for a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    If by "refused" do you mean "flame the shit out of them"?

I'm guessing you got kicked for a reason.

Instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt you start conjuring fantasies about why he deserved to get kicked. An abusebro at its finest.

See what I mean about rationalizing? That is all you are doing. By putting them on your ignore list, you are no longer bothered by what they say, nor will you ever get grouped with them again, which is punishment to them. One less group they can run with. If everyone did this, they would eventually have to stop acting like an ass, or run out groups to run with. You are just as toxic as they are.
    So your solution to Players toxicity is putting them on ignore, which has so few slots. The poster and his guild members have every right to kick a person from group if the player's toxicity is ruining their fun. They didnt kick someone because they lacked DPS, they kicked someone that was being an ass. The punishment was no last boss, no LFD reward. IF the said person didnt understand why they are kicked, they are doom to be kicked again and again.

Ignore does nothing if the list is FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    So your solution to Players toxicity is putting them on ignore, which has so few slots. The poster and his guild members have every right to kick a person from group if the player's toxicity is ruining their fun. They didnt kick someone because they lacked DPS, they kicked someone that was being an ass. The punishment was no last boss, no LFD reward. IF the said person didnt understand why they are kicked, they are doom to be kicked again and again.

Ignore does nothing if the list is FULL!
    So few slots...200 is not considered a few, and if you have 200 ppl on your friends list, you shouldn't be needing to bring an unknown player.

Have not see it happen yet.