Help me understand.

So, I got a warrior as main and ive bought some ilvl 710 pvp gear and I saw that i needed a new back but the vendor with Season 3 items has Season 2 backs? And on my Alliance character their vendor has Season 3 backs but not Horde? Why is that?

Does it matter? Gear has very little effect in PVP and at the moment your 710 stuff scales down to 700 anyway. Only reason to gear to 700 is PVE

Quote Originally Posted by Goron24 View Post
    Does it matter? Gear has very little effect in PVP and at the moment your 710 stuff scales down to 700 anyway. Only reason to gear to 700 is PVE
    If i am not mistaken, correct me if i am wrong, but PvP s3 gear scales to 740 in PvP instances. However, the mythic PvE gear holds it higher ilvl in pvp, there is no cap in PvP ilvl any more, the higher ilvl gear you have the better.

In regards of the vendor, that is weird, most likely a bug? Check the ilvl gear of that s2 gear you mentioned, if its 710 to 740 in pvp then its just as good as s3. personally i still have access to s3 gear on all of my chars, so i am sure it is a bug, best way if you still can not find s3 gear contact GM. Before doing it, double check all the vendors around, maybe you are clicking wrong vendor? happens to all of us sometimes =)
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-08-09 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    If i am not mistaken, correct me if i am wrong, but PvP s3 gear scales to 740 in PvP instances. However, the mythic PvE gear holds it higher ilvl in pvp, there is no cap in PvP ilvl any more, the higher ilvl gear you have the better.
    Nope, it doesn't scale. Template PvP is in full effect. The 710 PvP gear counts as iLevel 710 for increasing your stat template, not 740. PvE gear is now better for PvP (during the pre-patch) by a wide margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Nope, it doesn't scale. Template PvP is in full effect. The 710 PvP gear counts as iLevel 710 for increasing your stat template, not 740. PvE gear is now better for PvP (during the pre-patch) by a wide margin.
    thank you for correcting me on that one =), i just remb when i was doing arena skrimish and i looked at my pvp gear, its ilvl was 740, but maybe i just imagined it.

Didn't they say in a blue post that During WoD PVE gear scaled down to 700? I'm pretty sure that was said. Also I believe pvp gear scales to 700 not 710.

Quote Originally Posted by Goron24 View Post
    Didn't they say in a blue post that During WoD PVE gear scaled down to 700? I'm pretty sure that was said. Also I believe pvp gear scales to 700 not 710.
    ... there's no scaling. That isnt how the template system works.

BEFORE the pre-patch/Template PvP, then yes, some PvE gear did scale down in instanced PvP to below what Conquest gear scaled UP to (740).

AFTER the pre-patch, your base stats in PvP are determined by a pre-set stat template. This template is increased by 1% for every 10 iLevels you are over the "base" number that it considers (which is... ~680 or 690 for right now). The previous stat-upscaling from PvP gear (I.E. Honor gear (ilevel 700 base, 730 in PvP) and Conquest gear (iLevel 710 base, 740 in PvP) no longer functions, so for the purposes of increasing your stat template, they count as their base iLevels (700 and 710, respectively).

Since PvE gear is available that is up to 30+ iLevels better, PvE gear is now far better for PvP for the duration of the pre-patch.

And in World PvP (both now in the pre-patch and in Legion) the templates dont apply at all, so PvE gear will be MASSIVELY better for that activity 100% of the time.

And, in Legion, since the only way to get PvP gear that has the same iLevels as raid gear is to participate in Rated PvP and get high ratings (above 1800 to even get gear equivalent to Normal mode raids/crafted gear) - for MOST people, PvE gear that is higher iLevel than what they can earn in PvP will be far easier to get anyway.

So yeah. PvE is king again. Hoo-ray. /sarcasm

Do you know if they have a set CR for Mythic equivalent gear? I know they said glad players but then they mentioned somewhere that they will have a set CR for Mythic equivalent gear, any idea ?

Do you know if they have a set CR for Mythic equivalent gear? I know they said glad players but then they mentioned somewhere that they will have a set CR for Mythic equivalent gear, any idea ?
    Not yet, but it'd almost have to be 2100+, i'd imagine.

Not yet, but it'd almost have to be 2100+, i'd imagine.
    Ah i was thinking much higher, heroic ilvl gear 2.2k and mythic 2.4k-2.5k. Lets hope I am wrong and its 2.2k for Mythic.

... there's no scaling. That isnt how the template system works.

BEFORE the pre-patch/Template PvP, then yes, some PvE gear did scale down in instanced PvP to below what Conquest gear scaled UP to (740).

AFTER the pre-patch, your base stats in PvP are determined by a pre-set stat template. This template is increased by 1% for every 10 iLevels you are over the "base" number that it considers (which is... ~680 or 690 for right now). The previous stat-upscaling from PvP gear (I.E. Honor gear (ilevel 700 base, 730 in PvP) and Conquest gear (iLevel 710 base, 740 in PvP) no longer functions, so for the purposes of increasing your stat template, they count as their base iLevels (700 and 710, respectively).

Since PvE gear is available that is up to 30+ iLevels better, PvE gear is now far better for PvP for the duration of the pre-patch.

And in World PvP (both now in the pre-patch and in Legion) the templates dont apply at all, so PvE gear will be MASSIVELY better for that activity 100% of the time.

And, in Legion, since the only way to get PvP gear that has the same iLevels as raid gear is to participate in Rated PvP and get high ratings (above 1800 to even get gear equivalent to Normal mode raids/crafted gear) - for MOST people, PvE gear that is higher iLevel than what they can earn in PvP will be far easier to get anyway.

Pretty sure there is scaling still, if only for Pre-patch. In PVP my 710s scale down to 700

Ah i was thinking much higher, heroic ilvl gear 2.2k and mythic 2.4k-2.5k. Lets hope I am wrong and its 2.2k for Mythic.
    That seems very high. 2200 is in the top 5-10% of players whereas the amount of raiders than eventually hit heroic content is probably 30+%. That being said I'm pretty sure in the dev interview they said that you can get high quality gear regardless of your rating; and that rating only affects the drop chance to get that gear.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    That seems very high. 2200 is in the top 5-10% of players whereas the amount of raiders than eventually hit heroic content is probably 30+%. That being said I'm pretty sure in the dev interview they said that you can get high quality gear regardless of your rating; and that rating only affects the drop chance to get that gear.
    Yes, i agree it is pretty high and i hope i am wrong =), i believe top pvp gear should be available to every pvp spec not just cookie cutter comps, aka 2.2k seems like a fair rating. However, i specifically remember Devs mentioning that Glad level players will have access to Mythic ilvl gear, this can be taken as 2 ways 1) Only ppl at Glad CR can have the gear or 2) All Glad players will have it, since it only takes 2.2k CR+. I hope the former is the right understanding.

For the 2nd part. Devs meant you can get a good enough gear from random bgs; however, i specifically remember they stated that heroic and mythic ilvl equivalent pvp gear will be achieved based on the CR in Rated PvP you have, the higher Cr the higher ilvl gear. Staying this, it is a bit unfair, because for most people it is easier to achieve higher cr in Arena than RBGs, so it leaves ppl who do RBGs mainly at disadvantage.