Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Hi, wanted to ask a few question, hopefully theres a fix.
    1) So dismounting for balance druids is not working for me with the extended macro. I have looked at all settings multiple times. What can I do?
    2) Is this macro usable in raids/dungeons? - yes im currently leveling a druid ;P
    3) Theres a strange bug when druids are in the Emerald Dreamway (path you use your class hall teleport to) where the macro simply won't work at all.
    4) Will a Mount be summoned if no Form is suitable for the current moment? (Like a situation I described in "4)" or in a no flying zone) Because then this is not working for me

Edit: Just tanked a dungeon. Sadly Macro doesnt work. It only let me switch to Bear Form, nothing else.
    Last edited by Alex21xx; 2017-10-20 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex21xx View Post
    Hi, wanted to ask a few question, hopefully theres a fix.
    1) So dismounting for balance druids is not working for me with the extended macro. I have looked at all settings multiple times. What can I do?
    2) Is this macro usable in raids/dungeons? - yes im currently leveling a druid ;P
    3) Theres a strange bug when druids are in the Emerald Dreamway (path you use your class hall teleport to) where the macro simply won't work at all.
    4) Will a Mount be summoned if no Form is suitable for the current moment? (Like a situation I described in "4)" or in a no flying zone) Because then this is not working for me

Edit: Just tanked a dungeon. Sadly Macro doesnt work. It only let me switch to Bear Form, nothing else.
    Think I found the "bug". It's because the macro requires that you have an Azure Water Strider. I don't and I really cannot be bothered to grind for it, so instead I put in Travel Form where the Azure Water Strider text was and it seems to be working in both the Dreamway and down on Argus too.
    Last edited by zaxlor; 2017-10-21 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Hello everyone!

Here is my latest Druid forms macros that should work for all Druid specs in all situations (including swimming indoors). There are two versions, one standalone (no addons needed) and one in combination with the addons LiteMount and Macro Toolkit (or Long Macros) that extend the maximum macro length to 1024 chars. The last one even handles talented affinities. Feedback and questions welcome![/I]
    Hey great macro, just a few issues probably of my own error. If anyone knows how to fix these I'd appreciate it.

1. When I use Resto Affinity as Guardian in combat it doesn't seem to switch out of bear it just goes to cat instead? How do I fix this?

2. How do I change the modifiers to use with the macro? The only one that seems to work properly is alt + MB4 which is the key I have the macro bound to which puts me in prowl cat form.

3. Is it possible to set two different mounts as modifiers when not in combat?

4. When I demount from a flying mount and I press the macro it switches me to bear form first rather than right into flight form, any way to fix this?

I have not been around for several months and just bought a month to check the UI and addons. Thanks to Phoenixblade for providing the LiteMount button name changes.

1. When I use Resto Affinity as Guardian in combat it doesn't seem to switch out of bear it just goes to cat instead? How do I fix this?
    This is on purpose. Cat travels faster indoors and once you cast any spell you will switch to caster form automatically without any delay.

2. How do I change the modifiers to use with the macro? The only one that seems to work properly is alt + MB4 which is the key I have the macro bound to which puts me in prowl cat form.
    Change "[mod]" to whatever modifier key you need. My keybinding is ctrl+^ (right below ESC on German keyboard), so I use shift as modifier.

3. Is it possible to set two different mounts as modifiers when not in combat?
    This is mostly a problem of macro space (character limit).

4. When I demount from a flying mount and I press the macro it switches me to bear form first rather than right into flight form, any way to fix this?
    I would have to take a deep look into this. What would be the advantage of switching from a mount directly to flying form?

Question - I am Balance with resto affinity - when I dismount, it automatically pute me into Moonkin form (Great!), but when I come out of Travel Form, it puts me into no form.
    Which of the macros is that happening with? I need to look into it again once I know which macro to look at.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2018-02-04 at 03:36 PM.

Short information for anyone using this, there currently is a bug on Live that makes our live harder. When you switch specs it it not possible to change to Travel Form via macro anymore unless you relogin first. I will likely use Litemount to workaround this until it hopefully gets fixed, have to take a look first.

They ninja changed the spell names of travel, bear, and cat form causing things to go wonky. change all references of "Cat Form" "Travel Form" and "Bear Form" to "Cat Form(shapeshift)" "Travel Form(shapeshift)" and "Bear Form(shapeshift)" and it should work fine, or atleast has in my testing.

I really like your all-in-one macro (both the short and extended versions) and have been using it for a few weeks now. Though i did have some questions on it.

"/use [mod,nocombat,nomounted,noharm][mod,nocombat,noharm,dead][nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,noharm][nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,dead]0;"

What is this snippet for at the start of the macro? What is the 0 referencing? it's not a itemslot ID, and as far as i can tell it doesn't do anything.

"/click [mod]LM_B4;[nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,noharm][nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,dead]LM_B1"

Note - i changed the "LitemountActionButton1" and "LitemountActionButton4" as mentioned earlier in the thread to "LM_B1" and "LM_B4"

Is this a legacy from a earlier version of lite mount? As far as i can tell Lite Mount Buttons 1 and 4 do the same thing with a fresh/default LM install. Also, why the conditional calls to check if a target is dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsen View Post
    They ninja changed the spell names of travel, bear, and cat form causing things to go wonky. change all references of "Cat Form" "Travel Form" and "Bear Form" to "Cat Form(shapeshift)" "Travel Form(shapeshift)" and "Bear Form(shapeshift)" and it should work fine, or atleast has in my testing.
    I am still using the names with the "(shapeshift)" part and they do seem to work, except for "Travel form" not working after I switch specs. The latter still happens when (shapeshift) is appended.

I really like your all-in-one macro (both the short and extended versions) and have been using it for a few weeks now. Though i did have some questions on it.
    Thanks.

"/use [mod,nocombat,nomounted,noharm][mod,nocombat,noharm,dead][nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,noharm][nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,dead]0;"

What is this snippet for at the start of the macro? What is the 0 referencing? it's not a itemslot ID, and as far as i can tell it doesn't do anything.
    The 0 does nothing on its own, it's a trick for Moonkin form. I just checked and it still seems to be necessary. Here is what I wrote about it before:

"If anyone is wondering why I inserted "0" lines into the extended macro, which lead to the macro not doing anything when these conditions are met: This makes sure that you mount up without losing Moonkin form, which is the only form other than caster form that is allowed to mount. "

The benefit of that is that you keep the Moonkin armor bonus while riding through enemy territory and you don't have to shift to it after dismounting, saving one GCD.

"/click [mod]LM_B4;[nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,noharm][nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,dead]LM_B1"

Note - i changed the "LitemountActionButton1" and "LitemountActionButton4" as mentioned earlier in the thread to "LM_B1" and "LM_B4"
    Yes, fortunately Litemount went away from those awful long names. Finally updated the original post to reflect this.

Is this a legacy from a earlier version of lite mount? As far as i can tell Lite Mount Buttons 1 and 4 do the same thing with a fresh/default LM install.
    Button 4 used to call the "C2" favorite mount, which I suggested to use for the Tundra Mammoth when a modifier key was pressed outside of combat. There doesn't seem to be a way to call a favorite mount in Litemount anymore, though, so I would change the first line to directly call your favorite instead. I use the Mammoth on [mod], because it is a repair mount.

Also, why the conditional calls to check if a target is dead?
    Because you keep the dead body targeted after combat, which would then keep you from mounting. I think that "harm" and "noharm" did not handle this on their own, again something to check.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2018-08-25 at 02:31 AM.

Awesome thank you for the explainations =)

I haven't seemed to be running into any issues using the "(shapeshift)" form, though i have had the occasional issue with macrotool box where extended macros seem to break for no reason. The only way i've found to fix it is to just copy the text into a new macro. Though to be fair it might not be MTB's fault and could just be an interaction between addons i am using, as there are many.

I suspected the button 4 section might not be needed and replaced it with an alt modifier to specifically call the tundra mammoth by name for myself, which is always handy to have a repair/sell mount around lol

- - - Updated - - -

I did some testing, and you are 100% right the "[mod,nocombat,nomounted,noharm][mod,nocombat,noharm,dead][nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,noharm][nocombat,noflyable,outdoors,nomounted,dead]0;" line does keep you in moonkin form while mounting (i must admit i didn't notice this problem at first, but once i did it stood out like a sore thumb). However it is also the line that is preventing Travel form from working consistently, at least from my quick tests over the past 5 minutes. Not sure how to fix it without delving deep into the conditionals, which to be honest i'm a bit loath to do, as that is both a masterful and tangled web lol. Just wanted to throw you a quick update to at least attempt to help. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsen View Post
    A However it is also the line that is preventing Travel form from working consistently, at least from my quick tests over the past 5 minutes. Not sure how to fix it without delving deep into the conditionals, which to be honest i'm a bit loath to do, as that is both a masterful and tangled web lol. Just wanted to throw you a quick update to at least attempt to help. =)
    Switching to Travel Form via macro is seriously bugged at the moment. Litemount itself suffers from the same problem and one form of macro (with more conditionals) may work while another does not, but then after some tries they all fail (this is why the "Unavailable" part inside Litemount works for a bit longer). I tried to workaround that by using the stance action buttons, but they work even less reliable.

For the time being my macro works consistently for me as long as I don't change spec. Once I do that the best way to make Travel Form work again is by relogin (not just a reload ui). You can test this by using the simple command "/use Travel Form" inside the chat window, at one point it will fail without error (other than a clack sound).

The more people report this bug to Blizzard the higher than chance that they will even look into it.

Can someone post the current extended (none mod) macro for BfA?
    I am not sure where we're at in a 4 page topic that spans years.

There are only two versions of the macro now, the unextended one and the extended one using Litemount. What do you mean by "none mod" exactly?

Looks like indeed we need to use the "(Shapeshift)" part for reliable shapeshifting now. This is a problem, because it increases the character count of the macros considerably (even more so in German).

I write "reliable", because it isn't mandatory in all cases. For example, just now in Balance spec I can shift to Bear without the "(Shapeshift)" part, but in Guardian spec I need to use the "(Shapeshift)" part to shift into Bear form. After a WoW client restart it works for Guardian again without the "(Shapeshift)" part. So it's still rather bugged.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2018-08-27 at 03:52 PM.

Ok, so when i trigger the macro without modifier it will always use travel form instead of mount, even if standing still, it will only use a real mount if a modifier is pressed, what am i doing wrong?

Which macro are you using, the short one or the long one?

I am still using the extended + Litemount macro in Shadowlands.