Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rogue Stealth Nerfs/Buffs

Just noticed about an hour ago doing LFR for valor that Exsanguinate was GUTTED. While I certainly see the need to tune it, a change on live without any patch notes (that I saw, anyway) constitutes a stealth nerf in my opinion. After I realized that I decided to check all the talents in all 3 specs on live to see if anything else had been changed.

Assassination

Exsanguinate has been nerfed from causing the bleeds on your target to bleed out 400% faster, down to 100% faster.

Agonizing Poison was buffed from 4.0% increased damage per stack, to 4.6% per stack.
    (I removed any mastery gear I had to have the baseline 28.00% mastery rating to check. Whether the AP scaling was also changed or not, I'm not sure.)

Outlaw

Roll the Bones has been "tuned", (mainly nerfs):
    Jolly Roger was nerfed from 40% increased chance for sabre slash to proc Pistol shot, to 25% increased chance.
    Shark Infested Waters was nerfed from 40% increased crit chance to 25% increased crit chance.
    Buried Treasure was nerfed from 40% increased energy regeneration to 25% increased energy regeneration
    Broadsides remains unchanged.
    True Bearing remains unchanged.
    Grand melee was buffed from 40% increased attack speed and 20% leech, to 50% increased attack speed and 25% leech.

Slice and Dice has been buffed from 90% increased attack speed to 100% increased attack speed.

Run Through damage has been buffed by 25%.

Between the Eyes damage has been buffed by 18%.

Subtlety

No changes.

I am curious how this will impact the heavily bleed focused Assassination build that we've been playing on beta, as well as if the small buff to SnD and overall moderate nerf to RtB will make me not hate Outlaw. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Naptimez; 2016-08-09 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Completeness

Your descriptions are off for Shark and Buried Treasure.

Shark - 25% crit from 40%
    Buried Treasure - 25% increased energy regen from 40%
    Broadsides - Unchanged
    Grand Melee - 50% speed / 25% leech from 40% speed / 20% leech
    True Bearing - Unchanged
    Jolly Roger - 25% chance to proc extra saber slash from 40%
    Last edited by Generical; 2016-08-09 at 12:11 AM.
    -Insert witty signature here-

so exsanguinate does nothing?

oh you mean an extra 100% so it's 200% speed instead of 400%

well i guess "sub or assa?" is no longer a dilemma
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-08-09 at 12:16 AM.

I was off, thank you. Don't know what I was writing. Fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    100% faster= 200% speed

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    It feels really lackluster now, I know that much. Wondering if this pushes Agonizing ahead.

As for Outlaw, the Shark Infested Waters nerf doesn't surprise me, but I didn't expect nerfs to the others.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Deleted
    Just have been testing Outlaw and Sin with the new nerfs/buffs.

10 Minute for each spec resulted in 41k for Sin and 46k (!) Single Target for Outlaw, without any exceptional rolls (two rerolls, no 6 buffs) in RtB.

I hope for some serious Sub buffs now to legitimately play this spec in Mythic, Outlaw will not stay like this I reckon.

so, again rip fucking everything and enjoy being sub for another fucking expansion???

or my reading comprehension is off? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    so, again rip fucking everything and enjoy being sub for another fucking expansion???
    All hail the new overlord outlaw for the time being

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    well agonizing wouldve likely surpassed exsang anyway on like 880 ilvls
    and it looks like it's buffed, so wait and see

So if they nerfed exsanguinate that hard is alacrity or agonizing poison stronger than it?

Exsa is still ahead. Bleed spec still top ST

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Exsa is still ahead. Bleed spec still top ST
    Yup, no more burst, but rupture still does a shiton of dmg.

so is SnD now viable ??? or is it still far behind

Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    so is SnD now viable ??? or is it still far behind
    Id also like to know.
    The outlaw spec is fun but roll of the bones is so damm RNG...
    Imagine having rated PVP with rogues getting 1 or 6 buffs from bones...
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

I know blizzard mentioned they can do all sorts of new hotfix stuff (new talents etc.) I just wish they'd push the hotfix notes at the same time >_<

Nice to see that they've made steps to make RtB's buffs more even, but I feel like a better solution would have been to bring Grand Melee up to where the others were, rather than nerfing everything else to be as mediocre as GM.

Assassination needed a nerf but could we maybe get a buff to poison damage and a nerf to bleed damage to better fit the "class fantasy"?

12 min ago
    In addition to the Roll the Bones changes, the damage of Run Through and Between the Eyes was increased (these will all be in upcoming hotfix notes).

We've been monitoring the issue of rerolling Roll the Bones throughout beta. While we're okay with some possibility to gain damage from rerolling as an advanced tactic, we didn't want the reroll frequency or the potential DPS benefit to be as high as it was. The main way to make rerolling less of a potential benefit is to shift damage from Roll the Bones into the other combo point spenders that it competes with. We did that in today's hotfix. In the process, we also narrowed the variance between the six Roll the Bones buffs.

Our expectation is that simulations or other idealized steady-DPS scenarios may still show a small gain from rerolling in some cases, but that in practical scenarios for the majority of players, it will not be an expected or required part of gameplay.

best guess it looks like .. 132% from 120% for Run Through and 82.5% from 75% for BtE

Soooo the real question am I spending all my artifact power on Outlaw>Assas>Sub?