Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Mage.

Hunters and mages are really good in both.

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Mages are often played by a lot of people that optimize well. But if you look at the real logs stats they are not overpowered. e.g. they are the 7th spec on live archimonde even when thousands upon thousands are playing fire there, the most played spec in the entire game, meaning they had the highest chance of being higher due to the sheer number of attempts.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...le=7&boss=1799
    I didn't know archimonde was in legion mythic+ dungeons.

Prepatch numbers mean nothing, some classes badly need their artifact skill while others don't, and some set bonuses are far stronger than others.

Fire mages are good because they have no real weaknesses, they have both good single target and aoe and on top of that they also bring time warp. And they are ranged, most classes that still have good aoe are melee, so being able to compete with those classes on aoe while staying at range is a pretty huge deal.

Deleted
    Are there no rankings available from the beta about mythic+ dungeons?

I'd think outlaw would be pretty decent aswell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    some classes badly need their artifact skill while others don't
    That sounds like conjecture. What class isn't getting that much benefit from an artifact?

Deleted
    If you don't mind being able to fulfil only one role, the pure classes seem to be a safe bet. Different encounters require different strengths, as does mythic. Classes with multiple specs of the same role usually have more variety spread over those specs and can adjust it to what is needed better. But it's hard to tell, especially in the beginning of an addon class balance is all over the place. What is a really strong spec in the first 2 weeks may be one of the weakest for the months afterwards.

Fire mages are good because they have no real weaknesses, they have both good single target and aoe and on top of that they also bring time warp. And they are ranged, most classes that still have good aoe are melee, so being able to compete with those classes on aoe while staying at range is a pretty huge deal.
    This is the reasoning you should have when trying to figure out what classes will be good in dungeons. Utility is also valued very highly.

That sounds like conjecture. What class isn't getting that much benefit from an artifact?
    Every class benefits from it of course, but in different ways and also some classes have a stronger artifact ability than others. Take shadowpriests for example, we are already good at long fights and most of the traits and the artifact skill just makes us even better at that, making surrender to madness even stronger than it is atm. And that's obviously the exact opposite of what you need for 5 man's.

Fire mages on the other hand get an extra aoe ability and several of their artifact traits boost their aoe, perfect for 5 man's.

Isn't ANOTHER one of these threads a bit unnecessary? There's at least 4 others on the first page currently. Just read the existing threads and gather the same information everyone is posting on them. Fire mage overall, Spriest on ST, Unholy DK etc etc...

so, how many of you can cheese mechanics and death itself?

Holy paladin, Rdruids, Holy priests, Rshams for healers.

Fire mage, Fury warrior, BM hunter, and thats all I know for Dps specs.

Blood DK, prot paladin and guardian druid for tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Holy paladin, Rdruids, Holy priests, Rshams for healers.

Fire mage, Fury warrior, BM hunter, and thats all I know for Dps specs.

Blood DK, prot paladin and guardian druid for tanks.
    All tanks and healers are fine really. Well, except disc I guess.

All tanks and healers are fine really. Well, except disc I guess.
    Disc performs just fine, its only suffering because the skill gap is massive. A good Disc can keep a group up and throw some decent DPS windows out too. A bad/average Disc will struggle when compared to other healers.

Deleted
    BM Hunter/Unholy DK/Resto Druid

Deleted
    Which leaves:
    Mage, Warrior, Hunter.

I would add the rogue, although he already got a nerf yesterday, not sure how it is after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkingthrones View Post
    Disc performs just fine, its only suffering because the skill gap is massive. A good Disc can keep a group up and throw some decent DPS windows out too. A bad/average Disc will struggle when compared to other healers.
    In 5 man's? I can see disc perhaps working in raids but I have a hard time seeing them managing in high mythic+. That said I haven't played or seen it played much so I could be wrong.

In 5 man's? I can see disc perhaps working in raids but I have a hard time seeing them managing in high mythic+. That said I haven't played or seen it played much so I could be wrong.
    Theres a few people that stream Disc at 10+. It's definitely doable HOWEVER it does require more group synergy/coordination. Disc fails miserably in a pug environment because most DPS tunnel vision, stand in shit, and do not try to use defensives/self heals ( if they have them).

I played Disc with some friends and it was great, but in pugs in a nightmare. You simply can't out-heal stupid as Disc.

Shadow priest artifact takes a niche they are already ok at and strengthens it. You basically get void torrent thats a channeled single target nuke.

Fire mage artifact basically gives them 3 extra chances to fish for an instant pyro or flamestrike. For dungeons I'd rate the fire mage artifact ability a lot higher. On top of this you now have 2 fire blast charges and you can reset them on a 45 second CD so you can very often "force" some burst if you aren't getting many crits.

I'll say it here, based on what I've seen fire mages deserve a slight nerf on beta. My fire mage shits all over my priest and its got way less gear.

Deleted
    from 10+ streams it seems like shaman, bm hunter and fire mage are doing a great job.

Deleted
    I actually think Shadow will be stronger than you guys expect. It has exceptional 3-5 targets cleave and that compensates for the lack of AoE just well, especially because once you get to M+10 and further, the trashpacks live long enough to give your dots time to roll. Also, execute damage and survivabilty are on point with SW, ToF, PW:S, Vampiric Touch+Embrace and Dispersion