Poll: Kayn or Altruis?

Thread: Kayn or Altruis

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    In what world? Of fantasy and moustache twirling villains? 'yes men' does not make someone any less intelligent and resourceful. it makes him obey the line of command. that is all there is to it. To be honest I don't really know if he confronted Illidan. Probably not, I doubt that Illidan would let him leave. Just a spineless coward who killed his brothers.
    I find it funny that your avatar is of a guy who betrayed his people and and is so retarded that he follows the guy that set up the women he loved to get killed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I find it funny that your avatar is of a guy who betrayed his people and and is so retarded that he follows the guy that set up the women he loved to get killed.
    Well, I see him differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Kayn because Akama gets what he deserves with him.

Plus so far I see nothing wrong with what Illidan did in the past and what he has planned for the future.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-08-10 at 01:00 AM.

Altruis is BC OG so I had to go with him

Well, after the Illidan novel, the choice is obvious: Kayn. I'll do one for each faction, and the choice will be the same, Akama will get what he deserves, because he's a scumbag. And Altruis is a traitor. Who will go with him?

Trust in Lord Illidan's plan!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordrathor View Post
    Trust in Lord Illidan's plan!
    Yes trust the guy who helped blow up a bloody planet. Totes not like the Legion.

Totes....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Kinda funny how people complain about Akama and Altruis being traitors when Illidan's nickname is "The Betrayer"

I'm gonna go with Altruis, he seems like less of a jerk, and I like Akama. I'm not a fan of blindly loyal people, but I do believe in redemption and forgiveness... for those who can be redeemed, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yes trust the guy who helped blow up a bloody planet. Totes not like the Legion.

Totes....
    He blew up a Legion planet in the twisting nether. In other words, a planet that is made of, and powered by, fel and only home to demons of the Legion.

Not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradingus View Post
    Kinda funny how people complain about Akama and Altruis being traitors when Illidan's nickname is "The Betrayer"

I'm gonna go with Altruis, he seems like less of a jerk, and I like Akama. I'm not a fan of blindly loyal people, but I do believe in redemption and forgiveness... for those who can be redeemed, anyway.
    Illidan's title is ironic, in that he has never really done anything evil, but has been betrayed by his brother, by Tyrande, by Kael'thas, and by Akama, but has yet to betray absolutely anyone else.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Illidan's title is ironic, in that he has never really done anything evil, but has been betrayed by his brother, by Tyrande, by Kael'thas, and by Akama, but has yet to betray absolutely anyone else.
    That makes absolutely no sense. It should have been "The Betrayed", then.

That makes absolutely no sense. It should have been "The Betrayed", then.
    I think its meant to be ironic, since was given his title by the people who originally betrayed him.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I think its meant to be ironic, since was given his title by the people who originally betrayed him.
    Alright, fair enough. Think I'll have some reading to do, in any case

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Kayn is a diehard Illidan disciple with no regard for anything but the mission and has no trouble forcing Akama to cooperate, while Altruis wants to prevent the Illidari from becoming the monsters everyone sees them as and convinces Akama to join up willingly.
    What bothers me with this is while escaping the vault there's a moment where Kayn says we should listen to the wardens and find Khadgar and Altruis says we shouldn't trust them, which seems to be backwards.

Had to go with Kayn. I was all on Altruis until i read the Illidan novel.

Haven't read the Illidan novel, though I've been meaning to get it. But anyways, I hate making this choice just because it's a one-time thing that does shift the story slightly, and I really hate either having to level a second DH to see the differences or watch someone's lame Youtube video of it. Probably going to go with Kayn though, in theory Illidari are loyal through and through for each other it seems and Altruis (while getting props for BC appearance, no clue why or how he got captured), betraying and killing his own comrades is lame.

With the lame retcons, "perhaps", but are you forgetting how he made another Well of Eternity despite all the shit they went through due to the last one?

That's one interpretation, and probably the one Illidan himself prefers. But from the Night Elves' viewpoint they gave him the title because he betrayed them to the Legion. They didn't witness his triple-cross, they were kinda busy dealing with the world exploding, and very few of them believed his story after the fact. In their minds, the fact that he made a new Well of Eternity proved his own guilt. They thought he was trying to summon the Legion back into the world. Malfurion interceded on his behalf so that Illidan was imprisoned rather than killed outright, but I think that was more due to brotherly affection and a nugget of doubt from witnessing actions during the final battle, than because he actually believed Illidan's story.

This also explains how greater night elven society views Demon Hunters. The Illidari were likely originally the small faction that believed Illidan and prepared for the Legion's next invasion. The Watchers and Wardens and Druids and the rest simply saw them as Warlocks tempting the Legion's return by practicing fel magics.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

It came down to this for me: If Altruis had his way, he would have killed Illidan and we would never have gotten the Sargrei Keystone. So...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    You are Illidan's chosen commander and when you choose Altruis as a second in command, Kayn runs off like a little bitch even tho he is supposed to be completely loyal to Illidan and by extension you as Illidan chose you to lead. Altruis actually thinks for himself and already has a relationship with members of the Horde and Alliance.
    If you pick Kayn, then Altruis runs away like a little bitch...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Altrius because he suffered enough.

(bad jokes are bad)
    oh, honey.