10+ Year Old Account
    This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.

Cliche'd New to the Game Thread.

Yes my title is shit, anyways I'm a returning player (played at launch, left a few weeks after, just recently resubbed) and, naturally, I feel slightly overwhelmed by all the new changes and mechanics. I want to main a Jugg tank, primarily because ive always enjoyed tanking as well as the sith transmog game being on point. Anyways, I'm shitposting to ask basically how does tanking work in this game and if it's worth tanking while I'm getting reacquainted with everything new in the game as well as learning with the mechanics, or should I tank and learn by trial and error over observation of others and probably be seen as a filthy casual.

For leveling, probably better as DPS as companions are pretty OP now and setting them to healer mode makes you night unkillable. Doubly so since all flashpoints are tactical now (no need for trinity) so tanks don't really get faster queues for those. But if you want to level as tank that works just fine, can alternate between healer/dps modes on your companion just fine.

Been a while since I tanked on my jug, but it's sorta similar to the older designs for warrior in WoW, you still have to fight for threat to a certain extent (i.e. AoE groups you can't just hit once and then hold threat over the healer forever on) but it's not bad.

Honestly, I'd start out as dps for a bit and then transition to tanking once you get a feel for the game again, probably a bit easier.