Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldare View Post
    I'm pretty much in the same situation as you, but BM would have to be a LOT better than MM for me to main it, it just feels so mindnumbingly boring to me right now, especially if Chimaera Shot is no longer the optimal talent in its row. Still, would be nice to hear Azor's opinion on how much better BM really is for Mythic+ content.
    I enjoy the mobility of BM, jumping around like i have ADHD makes me feel more interested lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aseral View Post
    I enjoy the mobility of BM, jumping around like i have ADHD makes me feel more interested lol
    True, the unlimited mobility is awesome, and I loved BM in WoD. I wouldn't complain if they made Aimed Shot castable while moving, but I doubt that will happen. :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The mobility is excellent, and if they have indeed fixed the pet AI (according to the recent hotfix notes), then perhaps BM Hunters won't suck as much as I thought.

https://felconcentration.wordpress.c...ing-artifacts/ Not mine but, useful maths on multispeccing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazezoku View Post
    Clearly you haven't seen how turrible SV's dmg is in raid~
    Neither have you, honestly. ;p Nothing wrong with Survival's single-target damage. It is on par with BM and MM. Problem is that it is melee, which it doesn't do better than other melee, and its AoE is lackluster almost no matter what you do.

One thing I'm wondering, is it really barrage > volley for MM and volley > barrage for BM? Why? Because of different preferred stats? Artifact?

But the problem I see in dungeons (not raids as it usually doesn't matter) for MM is extra range from mastery + barrage = tons of ninjapulls. And overpulling in higher difficulty can be deadly.

Unless the idea of the hunter is to constantly move ahead of the tank and barrage backwards (and pray there were no skipped packs behind).

Because Marksmanship using Barrage is very efficient, because the cost is not really an issue for a spec that is just as time limited as it is focus limited, Barrage fills in perfectly and naturally when you don't have Vulnerable up, replacing Aimed Shots.

Beast Mastery is almost purely focus limited, focus simply has a higher value for this spec and since Barrage is so expensive, it eats into Cobra Shot and Kill Command usage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Neither have you, honestly. ;p Nothing wrong with Survival's single-target damage. It is on par with BM and MM. Problem is that it is melee, which it doesn't do better than other melee, and its AoE is lackluster almost no matter what you do.
    I mean, if it can do well on ursoc, and mayyyybe nythendra, could a sv do well. But if doing good as sv on 2 out of all the other fights means specifically gearing and lvling that artifact over the other specs, soooo not worth it. Not only that, but for raid comps sake, is there even any other melee dps that sv can easily beat by a decent margin? From what it looks like, melee raid spots for 20m mythic are super limited.

In other words, the walkover bosses. ;p You'd be silly to go with any spec if it wasn't better for at least half the bosses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Precisely~

Deleted
    I'm considering returning from early Cata but I dislike the current state of specs and particularly MM and its RNG procs. How much of a loss is to have Black Arrow or Explosive Shot and a pet, do they bring any pros? Does Blizzard make changes/improvements often to hunters? Having those two abilities would certainly increase fun/skill cap.
    Last edited by mmocb5e860bee1; 2016-08-14 at 12:19 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitingisfun View Post
    I'm considering returning from early Cata but I dislike the current state of specs and particularly MM and its RNG procs. How much of a loss is to have Black Arrow or Explosive Shot and a pet, do they bring any pros? Does Blizzard make changes/improves often to hunters? Having those two abilities would certainly increase fun/skill cap.
    Unless there is a new or edited skill alteration via 2/4 piece set bonus in future raids, or a hard change to skill functionality/values... The current talent path is pretty set in stone for marksman. This is of course if you want the highest dps output possible. If you are just playing to have fun, then you can do what ever talent "build" is to your liking.

Deleted
    I mean, if it can do well on ursoc, and mayyyybe nythendra, could a sv do well. But if doing good as sv on 2 out of all the other fights means specifically gearing and lvling that artifact over the other specs, soooo not worth it. Not only that, but for raid comps sake, is there even any other melee dps that sv can easily beat by a decent margin? From what it looks like, melee raid spots for 20m mythic are super limited.
    Not rly sure how are other melee specs but i think survival would be better or equal to some of them. I started to leveling one and rotation get easier and easier with the time.

If you don't know how the other specs are doing, saying that Survival might be as good or better is a bit of a tough sell, don't you think? :V

Deleted
    Well i did some sims and it show survival is better than fury and arms so with all sims errors i would say they can be equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    Well i did some sims and it show survival is better than fury and arms so with all sims errors i would say they can be equal.
    I laughed .

Deleted
    I laughed .
    well i said they CAN BE equal, because i am sure atleast fury is better than survival on what i read in warrior forums.

The Demon Hunter apl is fairly decent so I'd say critical comparison there is probably a safe bet (so long as you know the restrictions of and how to read preliminary sim information and differences). Survival's apl has also been worked on quite a bit, and SimC should have the latest of that. But if you want to help double-check it or find something amiss, or just want to see the development, drop by the TSL SV SimC thread: https://trueshotlodge.ca/forums/index.php?topic=43.0.
    Keep in mind utility is still important. DH might not do as much damage or controlled burst, but its movement and defensives are incredible and it also has a mass stun. All SV really has to show for itself is the most powerful mass slow (in other words, if you're actually vouching for sv, make sure to see if they remove stuns from the tich bloods but not slows).

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    If I main a hunter I'll 100% be BM. I think the dire beast stomp will be insane on AoE fights.

AoE fights? Like what? ;p