Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stat Weights for Vengeance

TYPO ON TITLE, THESE ARE STAT PRIORITIES. THERE AREN'T ANY WEIGHTS.

Stats are finally done. This was worked on with Aughyssul who writes for Icy-Veins/Wowhead. The reasoning for the stats are as follows.

Versatility: Due to the higher amount of magic damage, and our lower resistance to it, Vers will help bridge this gap. It also works to increase our heals and dps throughput. Do not panic though, there are only 2 pieces in Nighthold with Vers on it, so you may enchant Vers, but don't expect to have it on more than a few pieces.

Haste: Lowers GCD, Lowers CDS on: Immolation Aura / Demon Spikes / Felblade. This helps with having abilities up more often for more pain generation and frequency that you can cast AM and heals.

Mastery: Increases Attack Power which increases Damage and Healing. Also increases our Physical Resistance during Demon Spikes.

Crit: Chance for higher damage and healing. Gives parry at roughly 1/3 of the value of your crit %.

A note for Legion.
    Due to pain from damage taken, Haste and Mastery may flip flop due to your skill/gear/encounter. If you have a higher damage taken, then Mastery should help more, as you are gaining so much pain that you can Soul Cleave and Haste becomes more and more useless. On the contrary, if you have less damage taken, Haste will help make up for some of the Pain, allowing things to go smoother with higher AM uptime.

So what are the stat weights?

IN LEGION
    Survival: Vers > Haste > Mastery > Crit
    DPS: Mastery = Crit >= Vers >= Haste
    In Mythic+ Dungeons: Mastery > Crit >= Vers > Haste
    Last edited by Munkky; 2016-10-11 at 04:19 PM.

Serious question, you comment about only having versatility on a couple of pieces but what about Mythic plus dungeons? Is loot in Mythic plus dungeons going to be like it is in the current Mythic dungeons where it is just random stats on higher item level gear?

On a side note, I would like to thank you for all of the work that you and anyone else hoping you have done. I have recommended your guide to people on the official while forums.
    Last edited by aikanaro; 2016-08-12 at 12:01 AM.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Thats why Vers is put up there. In raids theres only a few pieces, but due to the new Titanforged system, most BiS Lists could technically be in Dungeon Gear. RNG pending ofcourse.

Also thank you for the support.

Deleted
    Mastery is our top stat for damage? Is this just from the AP increase or is there something I'm missing? Because it doesn't make sense to me

It is equal with Crit. This is taken primarily from sims. I list it first just due to it being better for Surv.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    It is equal with Crit. This is taken primarily from sims. I list it first just due to it being better for Surv.
    Ok, thanks, it just seemed strange to me as throughout wod on all the tanks mastery was the worst stat damage wise

Deleted
    Sorry for a stupid question, but if using pawn, What numbers should i use for these stats?
    Vers, Haste, Mastery, Crit,
    Like, how much is that worth? If i for example lose 10 vers for 25 haste, is it worth it or nah? or whats the best way to do that without simcraft everytime?
    Would appreciate a respond so much if possible!
    //Kev

Deleted
    Stats are finally done. This was worked on with Aughyssul who writes for Icy-Veins/Wowhead. The reasoning for the stats are as follows.

Versatility: Due to the higher amount of magic damage, and our lower resistance to it, Vers will help bridge this gap. It also works to increase our heals and dps throughput. Do not panic though, there are only 2 pieces in Nighthold with Vers on it, so you may enchant Vers, but don't expect to have it on more than a few pieces.

Haste: Lowers GCD, Lowers CDS on: Immolation Aura / Demon Spikes / Felblade. This helps with having abilities up more often for more pain generation and frequency that you can cast AM and heals.

Mastery: Increases Attack Power which increases Damage and Healing. Also increases our Physical Resistance during Demon Spikes.

Crit: Chance for higher damage and healing. Gives parry at roughly 1/3 of the value of your crit %.

A note for Legion.
    Due to pain from damage taken, Haste and Mastery may flip flop due to your skill/gear/encounter. If you have a higher damage taken, then Mastery should help more, as you are gaining so much pain that you can Soul Cleave and Haste becomes more and more useless. On the contrary, if you have less damage taken, Haste will help make up for some of the Pain, allowing things to go smoother with higher AM uptime.

So what are the stat weights?

IN PRE PATCH
    As in these stats are only for Pre Patch, before the 30th
    Surv: Haste > Mastery > Vers > Crit
    DPS: Mastery = Crit > Vers > Haste

IN LEGION
    Survival: Vers > Haste >= Mastery > Crit
    DPS: Mastery = Crit >= Vers >= Haste
    In Dungeons: Mastery > Crit > Vers > Haste
    Thanks a lot for the work!!!

And for PvP?

Thanks for your effort. But do the dungeon stat weights also apply to higher level mythic +?

Deleted
    Which talents were included in the sims?

@kevinftw92
    I do not work with Pawn and do not have stat weights set up for it. Only the DPS weights were taken from Sims. I have no plans of making Pawn weights.
    @pablere
    Yeah I totally forgot they adjust your stats in pvp. (I don't really pvp)
    @Qiznikae
    They are for Mythic+ Dungeons, there's no reason to make weights for anything below that, as all the content is face roll and Stat Weights mean nothing in there.
    @beastman421
    I used both the main build as well as changing Soul Rending for Fracture.
    Agonizing Flames / Feast of Souls / Felblade / Soul Rending / Quickened Sigils / Fel Devastation / Last Resort
    Last edited by Munkky; 2016-08-18 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pablere View Post
    Thanks a lot for the work!!!

And for PvP?
    you know that any PvP that's instanced uses a stat template that you can't adjust right? You wouldn't be able to stack any stat for anything but world PvP, which is wildly unbalanced anyway.

ok, but why is haste at place 4? Is survivability not a issue in mythic+?

Quote Originally Posted by Qiznikae View Post
    ok, but why is haste at place 4? Is survivability not a issue in mythic+?
    Its not sustained Survivability like Raids.

Quick question. I see that you edited the post. Was this edited to reflect the hot fix buffs or does that not affect stat weights much?

And thank you so much for the hard work. You are helping a lot of us wrap our heads around this class/spec.

Quote Originally Posted by gravydays View Post
    Quick question. I see that you edited the post. Was this edited to reflect the hot fix buffs or does that not affect stat weights much?

And thank you so much for the hard work. You are helping a lot of us wrap our heads around this class/spec.
    Edited the original post? That was too include "Mythic+" because too many people think its for heroic dungeons and not Mythic+...

Yup np

any chance you can post the stat weights for legion vengeance. I mean the dps weights.

Those are stat priorities, can you also post the your source on the actual weights?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Sorry typo on the title. I do not have weights, only priorities.

Sorry typo on the title. I do not have weights, only priorities.
    Also sorry, didn't mean to sound like such a prick, was a legit question.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..