Deleted

Is Arms still the PvP spec?

Hello. Is Arms still the PvP spec in legion/right now and what exactly makes it better for PvP than Fury?

Thanks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heard Prot is performing nicely atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I heard Prot is performing nicely atm.
    Is there a big difference between arms and fury though?

Yes. As of this moment at 110 Arms is a t1 pvp spec and fury is dumpster tier.

I've outlined this in other threads but basically:
    1) Arms and Fury deal similar amounts of damage, but arms has more burst AND doesn't have to take an extra 30% damage to press their damage buttons.
    2) Arms has access to D-stance, Fury doesn't. So at any time during a pvp match, arms can pretty much passively mitigate 50% more damage than fury... lol.
    3) Fury's self-healing is the one advantage it had over Arms and that was neutered awhile back on beta with a -50% self-healing from bloodthirst nerf just for pvp. It's pretty gimped right now.
    4) Arms' artifact is just much better suited for PvP as well, lots of the fury talents are minor or pve oriented, arms has all kinds of crazy useful shenanigans in there--bit of self-healing, lots of burst damage talents, etc...
    5) Arms has a mortal strike debuff, fury doesn't. This is particularly big since healing is a lot harder in Legion and I think arms is one of only two specs that still has this.

I'm tired and hungover so I'm sure I might be missing something, but you get the point. As of right now (at 110), fury is a pile of shit in pvp because arms brings so much more to the table in terms of survivability, damage, and utility. It's a shame because fury is fun and interesting, but it was way overnerfed in beta before proper tuning took place.

I wish they'd mess with the fury stat template before release but I'm not getting my hopes up as the devs seem completely unaware of how awful fury pvp is (or don't care per usual -- as long as arms is good eh?).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Yes. As of this moment at 110 Arms is a t1 pvp spec and fury is dumpster tier.

I've outlined this in other threads but basically:
    1) Arms and Fury deal similar amounts of damage, but arms has more burst AND doesn't have to take an extra 30% damage to press their damage buttons.
    2) Arms has access to D-stance, Fury doesn't. So at any time during a pvp match, arms can pretty much passively mitigate 50% more damage than fury... lol.
    3) Fury's self-healing is the one advantage it had over Arms and that was neutered awhile back on beta with a -50% self-healing from bloodthirst nerf just for pvp. It's pretty gimped right now.
    4) Arms' artifact is just much better suited for PvP as well, lots of the fury talents are minor or pve oriented, arms has all kinds of crazy useful shenanigans in there--bit of self-healing, lots of burst damage talents, etc...
    5) Arms has a mortal strike debuff, fury doesn't. This is particularly big since healing is a lot harder in Legion and I think arms is one of only two specs that still has this.

I'm tired and hungover so I'm sure I might be missing something, but you get the point. As of right now (at 110), fury is a pile of shit in pvp because arms brings so much more to the table in terms of survivability, damage, and utility. It's a shame because fury is fun and interesting, but it was way overnerfed in beta before proper tuning took place.

I wish they'd mess with the fury stat template before release but I'm not getting my hopes up as the devs seem completely unaware of how awful fury pvp is (or don't care per usual -- as long as arms is good eh?).
    Sucks because I find Fury pretty fun. Thanks for the great post.

No die by the sword for Fury either...basically zero defensive cooldowns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifttar View Post
    No die by the sword for Fury either...basically zero defensive cooldowns.
    Um? http://www.wowhead.com/spell=184364/...d-regeneration

Same DR and duration on a shorter cooldown with the parry traded for selfhealing.

Those are not remotely close to equal. SO you use your Bloodthirst to heal extra, then go right back into taking 20-30% extra damage again.

Furry got around 30% more HP ( 15% passive, 6% artefact, 9% from use 2x2h)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifttar View Post
    Those are not remotely close to equal. SO you use your Bloodthirst to heal extra, then go right back into taking 20-30% extra damage again.
    And if you wanted you could make the reverse argument that the parry from DbtS is worthless because you just get stunned and bursted assuming your enemies' attacks are even parryable in the first place, leaving ER superior due to its shorter cooldown. It's a perfectly fine defensive.

Deleted
    My guild mate mains fury since know him from early cataclysm to now.

-Bloothirst self healing while nerfed is still better than nothing arms has to offer.
    Def stance is okay but it also decreases your own damage reducing its value if you sit in it for too long.
    Fury takes extra damage. But you have a lot more health to cover that.

-Same with enraged regen vs dbts. Both are good for their own sitiations.
    Dbts loses a lot of it's value vs casters / hunters + cannot be used when stunned which is honestly the main way warriors die in. ER also has a shorter cooldown.

-Damage wise arms and fury seem to feel the same. However with the right talents fury goes ahead.

Really. The only big difference between both specs is the lack of a mortal strike debuff.
    But in turn fury is able to spec into slightly better mobility and has a better slow for teamplay.

Tbh both specs are unique in their own ways. Both the pvp talents + artifacts will offer more to these right now pretty barebone builds.
    Fury gains more mobility and selfhealing while arms gains more utility.

Im gonna test more fury myself soon. I've been doing just as good as arms before without realizing fury still had ER.
    Last edited by mmoc00cfd16bb2; 2016-08-14 at 10:03 AM.

As i understand it, even Fury can perform well in pvp. prot has always been pretty strong since Wrath and arms has been the quintessential pvp spec. So i'd say probably yes, but I wouldn't count Fury out either.