Whirling dragon punch should be a core ability

That move is way too fun. They could just add it to windwalkers and replace it in the talent tree with something else. Maybe one that allows you to split in more clones so you can handle split aoe cleaving better

The only thing I want Blizzard to do with WDP is to have it maintain my horizontal momentum in the jump.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

If they made WDP baseline a new talent idea would be a replacement attack for FoF, it would be stronger than current FoF on ST and on 2 but at 3 targets plus its the same strength. As for the the replacement attack it should be....

Seriously thou, there is enough fisticuffs based Anime out there that they could of drawn inspiration from.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Anime
    Well there is the problem, Monk abilities do not come from anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Knom View Post
    like i said "drawn inspiration"

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    like i said "drawn inspiration"
    And he's saying that's not where WoW monks are drawn from.

WDP is cool and all, but i'd rather it not prevent us from moving while using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    And he's saying that's not where WoW monks are drawn from.
    They crossed that bridge a long time ago when they added Chi Burst, Chi Wave, Chi Orbit etc. Only BRM is modeled after the classic Martial Arts movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Knom View Post

...like 90% of WWs abilities are ripped straight from Street Fighter and that's pretty damned close to Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...like 90% of WWs abilities are ripped straight from Street Fighter and that's pretty damned close to Anime
    And by 90%, you mean pretty much only Fists of Fury, which is actually inspired by Fist of the North Star (and so was E. Honda's signature ability in Street Fighter)

Chi Burst is literally a Hadouken...both in color and style
    Rising Tiger Kick...is literally Guiles Somersault
    Spinning Crane Kick is Ryu's Tatsu..with the a similar name to Chun Li's "Spinning Bird Kick"
    Whirling Dragon Punch...is Ryu's Shoryuken....which when translated is Rising Dragon Fist....
    Combo Breaker is pulled straight from Killer Instinct
    Touch of Death I'll give to Fist of the North Star though

So thankful for Street Fighter for creating martial arts.

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    So thankful for Street Fighter for creating martial arts.
    Anime is the source of all things known.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Chi Burst is literally a Hadouken...both in color and style
    Rising Tiger Kick...is literally Guiles Somersault
    Spinning Crane Kick is Ryu's Tatsu..with the a similar name to Chun Li's "Spinning Bird Kick"
    Whirling Dragon Punch...is Ryu's Shoryuken....which when translated is Rising Dragon Fist....
    Combo Breaker is pulled straight from Killer Instinct
    Touch of Death I'll give to Fist of the North Star though
    Are you suggesting all of these things were created in this way and isn't simply people taking inspiration from martial arts? I mean you can't possibly think that Street Fight invented putting your hands together and shooting energy.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Are you suggesting all of these things were created in this way and isn't simply people taking inspiration from martial arts? I mean you can't possibly think that Street Fight invented putting your hands together and shooting energy.
    Of course not, that was obviously created by Dragon Ball.

I'll admit I thought Touch of Death was a reference to The Simpsons, even if placing those 3 words together in that order was hardly unique to them.

Deleted
    Nah, it's fine as an optional talent, to me it doesn't feel that great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    I've been a fighting game fan since I played the first Street Fighter 2, Art of Fighting, and Mortal Kombat in 1992, and I can say that all of the WW monk's moves are most definitely Street Fighter/Anime inspired 100%.

Blizzard is comprised of old school arcade/console game fans so it makes sense.

FFXIV's monk has more actual martial arts moves but still has a bunch of Capcom/SNK/anime inspiried moves as well. Elixer Field being a favorite of mine.

Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

7+ Year Old Account
    I know this thread is kinda off the rails, but I think the Touch of Death change is an even bigger homage to FotnS now that it takes a while to effect. Catching a dude in a stun and /bow-ing to him as the thing ticks and he dies is just the ultimate anime moment.

On topic... I like being able to not pick Whirling Dragon Punch. It's a cool ability, but it can sometimes feel like clutter to me. I prefer Chi Wave as a way of maintaining Combo Strikes because it heals and doesn't halt my momentum. I can see myself using it in dungeons though because it's pretty sexy for AoE.