Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    White is a color.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's different. that's landlords and apartment building owners, this is a private citizen.
    That's a distinction without a difference. This is about an advertisement for a roommate, which is a commercial relationship between the occupants and the landlord, regardless of whether the landlord is imposing the restrictions. Your argument is as silly as saying "My restaurant doesn't ban black people. I just allow the regulars to choose who can come in and THEY have said no black people."

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    No, they aren't. When you are offering to rent or sell to someone, you are engaging in commerce, which is part of the public sphere by definition.
    If people can discriminate based on religious convictions, this is no different...and it's somehow legal in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    White is a color.
    Technically it's the lack of any and every color.

its only fine when whites are discriminated against, because reverse racism doesnt exist. eventually we'll be back in a segregated society.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    If people can discriminate based on religious convictions, this is no different...and it's somehow legal in some cases.

Technically it's the lack of any color.
    It's legal because people have a Constitutional right to practice their religion as they see fit, and sometimes that includes discrimination as part of their religion. I'd say that's a reason there shouldn't be religious tax exemptions though, but that's another argument.

That's a distinction without a difference. This is about an advertisement for a roommate, which is a commercial relationship between the occupants and the landlord, regardless of whether the landlord is imposing the restrictions. Your argument is as silly as saying "My restaurant doesn't ban black people. I just allow the regulars to choose who can come in and THEY have said no black people."
    no, it's someone choosing a room mate, someone that will be living with them. this is different from a landlord living down the street and not allowing a black person to rent the house they have for rent up the street, or the owner of an apartment complex putting up a sign "no blacks/whatevers"

Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    its only fine when whites are discriminated against, because reverse racism doesnt exist. eventually we'll be back in a segregated society.
    It's not reverse racism. It's just racism. People say there is no reverse racism because the term implies that by correcting racism, you are being racist against the people who aren't being helped by that reversal, which is just fucking stupid. Saying you want to live only with people of color is just racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Technically it's the lack of any and every color.
    Then white people are a minority, since the vast majority have a color haha
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no, it's someone choosing a room mate, someone that will be living with them. this is different from a landlord living down the street and not allowing a black person to rent the house they have for rent up the street, or the owner of an apartment complex putting up a sign "no blacks/whatevers"
    Many landlords live in the homes they are renting rooms in. The landlord could advertise to rent that room out, instead of the girls. These distinctions you are making are nonsensical. Explain how it is different from "My restaurant doesn't ban black people. I just allow the regulars to choose who can come in and THEY have said no black people."

10+ Year Old Account
    Social media lends itself to favoring outrage culture over substantive discussion. You can't NOT realize this.
    As opposed to College culture where anything that isn't progressive is evil and will be banned from campus. Yes social media is where some of the loudest idiots voice their retarded opinions, but that is better than an environment where only certain opinions are allowed to be voiced. At the very least you will be able to show how wrong that outrage is on social media.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread was made and closed already, as race threads never end well.

Closing