Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Yeah but reddit makes money from other sources and is still looking for other ways of making money. IIRC links to products would be replaced with reddit links.
    Reddit makes money through ads, sponsored content (links you mentioned), reddit gold (removes all ads), and swag. All of which are far better than using a 3rd party site for ad generation and pose no security risk. There is no reason why a company like Curse can't operate in the same manner.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    curious, what bs?
    Activity tracking, amongst others.
    We just don't know what is going on in the background when we visit a site.
    Ads should only be something we opt into, we click them or we do not.
    Tracking unless it is for those running the website, is something I want control over.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Yes OP, unfortunately I have noticed. I was actually wondering about that.

Just remember to only block ads on websites that are really obnoxious about it, rather than just leaving it on all the time. Ideally, that will mean that, rather than treating Adblock like a problem they need to work around, they'll see it's site visitors going "stop giving me virus-laden pop-ups, dangit!"

(which currently includes MMO-champion.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    curious, what bs?
    When you install Ghostery there are some things that ask you if you want to opt in to their info sharing thing or w/e.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

I don't know, for me literally nothing changed on FB.

Can I sue Facebook if it gives me malware?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's disgusting. Guess I should try this UBlock

Quote Originally Posted by huckshuck View Post
    who cares? have you ever heard of just IGNORING the ads?
    Do you understand the purpose of AdBlock?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    Anybody else notice the rampant appearance of ads on Facebook now??

apparently adblock put some new filters in to counteract Facebook's implementation of ads but NOW facebook re-worked the code to break Adblock Plus....
    What a poor, sad person does the FB employee must be... hours of work ruined by an automatic update. (my Adblock is STILL blocking all ads)

Deleted
    tbh i use adguard its way etter than adblock and its not sold out to advertisers, i got adguard cos of this site and wowhead full of crappy adverts cos both sites are signed up to multiple ad networks

Doesn't adblock let ads through if they pay for it?
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

10+ Year Old Account
    Until Thursday when its crushed again by addblock.

At least facebook will get a few days of forcing you to see the things it wants you to see.

Deleted
    stop using adblock its not the only one out there FFS, just search your addons store on chrome/firefox or whatever there are loads i can think of 2 of my head, UBLOCK,ADGUARD

10+ Year Old Account
    It's entirely possible for companies to pay adblock to allow their ads to go through.