Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Favella View Post
    How good is SPriest in PVP ?
    It's fun when you can multidot like a berserker but when somebody sees you and gets you it is over :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    Priest is awesome right now, however I suspect they will nerf us. They normally expect us to play at 200% the effort to be on par with the likes of average Hunters and Mages.
    ^ gg /10char

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Favella View Post
    How good is SPriest in PVP ?
    if there are melee anywhere within (let's say the universe) we're trained until we die.

Deleted
    well, here comes the nerf, 200%>150% .... welcome to 200% effort for 80% dmg of noskill fire mage -.-

Well, Shadow just got hit the nerf bat with Surrender to Madness being reduced from 200% to 150%.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonfrogs View Post
    The thing is Hunter and Mage are looking as solid as they have the last expansions. You have really good AOE burst on trash and DMG overall. You will easly find a Mithic+ and Raid Spot. Plus you have 3 dps specs one of them will be a viable choice in PvE or PvP content.

Priest on the other Hand is more of an experiment. We will have to see how strong our Artifact traits boost our aoe potenial because right now it`s really not that great and a good 60% of mythic dungeons depend on that. That being said my guild and many guildleaders i know specifically search for 1-2 shadows because we and Warriors are the only specs in the entire game which still have their execute. Shadow is really good at single target and likes adds spawning because of twist of fate. The fact that your DMG goes under the fing roof with StM at the end of an bossfight allows your raid to bypass the occasional enrage at 30% very fast which helps your tanks and healers.
    I don't see anything in the artifact that would boost our burst AoE. I hate being stuck between two shitty options on trash - Mind Sear for wet noodle damage or multidot for wet noodle damage because the mobs die too fast for the dots to do much damage.

I wouldn't be surprised if StM is replaced by something else in 7.1/7.2, the talent is just impossible to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    I don't see anything in the artifact that would boost our burst AoE. I hate being stuck between two shitty options on trash - Mind Sear for wet noodle damage or multidot for wet noodle damage because the mobs die too fast for the dots to do much damage.
    I've not played much beta, certainly not at max level so I can only go on by my experience in the pre-patch and early beta.

For burst AoE there is Shadow Crash and Mind Spike detonation which is pretty bursty but it's unpredictable unless you have a second target to burn Mind Blasts on whilst you build up your 10 spikes. I don't think It's a terrible kit considering we're kings of cleave and multi-target.

For longer living targets, SW:P just has so much interaction and it's instant cast. There's Shadowy Apparitions, Void Eruption, Sphere of Insanity (Artifact), Shadowy Insight (Talent).

Overall I think Shadow is looking pretty solid and quite versatile, but we'll just have to wait to see how it plays in Legion and after Blizzard are done tweaking the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Robula View Post
    I've not played much beta, certainly not at max level so I can only go on by my experience in the pre-patch and early beta.

For burst AoE there is Shadow Crash and Mind Spike detonation which is pretty bursty but it's unpredictable unless you have a second target to burn Mind Blasts on whilst you build up your 10 spikes. I don't think It's a terrible kit considering we're kings of cleave and multi-target.

For longer living targets, SW:P just has so much interaction and it's instant cast. There's Shadowy Apparitions, Void Eruption, Sphere of Insanity (Artifact), Shadowy Insight (Talent).

Overall I think Shadow is looking pretty solid and quite versatile, but we'll just have to wait to see how it plays in Legion and after Blizzard are done tweaking the numbers.
    Void Eruption and Sphere of Insanity (Artifact) do next to no damage. I beg to differ on the versatility. We're fair on mobs that last over 15 seconds in packs of 3-4, and single target. Beyond that, you're smoking some mean green if you're considering SP as versatile DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    The biggest challenge with mage is staying awake.

Frostbolt.. Frostbolt.. Frostbolt.. Oh, Ice Lance.. Frostbolt.. Frostbolt.. Glacial Spike.. Frostbolt.. yawn..
    This was true in the past but not anymore. Frostbolt, Ice Lance, Flurry, Frozen Orb, Ray of Frost, Water Jet, Glacial Spike, Ebonbolt. Yeah thats 8 rotational abilities. Which is a lot more than priest. Not saying Frost is more fun than shadow (voidform and StM are too cool), but its not really boring.

A proc on a 15% chance is barely 'rotational'.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I find fire extremely clunky. You have to sit and wait after casting fireball (ie. doing nothing for a GCD) since Heating Up/Hotstreak proc on spell hit rather than cast to see if you get to cast fire blast to proc Hot Streak or have to recast fireball.

Frost's current problem is that it is either bugged or the tooltip's information is gratuitously incorrect, because Brain Freeze and Frost Fingers don't proc anywhere near their stated percentages from Frostbolt, which makes the rotation less dynamic than it should be.
    That's.... Not how fire works. At all. You can cast fire blast while you're casting a fireball. You spam fireball until you have heating up. While you are still casting fireball you hit fireblast mid-cast and then at the end of the fireball cast you hit pyroblast. It's all fluid and doesn't require you to stop and wait. Fire hasn't worked like that, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.