Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackfrost View Post
    Currently, no.

Maybe if Blizzard reverts the changes after seeing how much people are complaining...
    Blizz wont revert the changes just because people are b!itching.
    After all,now you get more exp than before but people are uncapble of seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    I'd also add that the addition of more invasions doesn't help lower level toons very much, since getting around takes far too long without flying. Also in many cases for lowbie toons the invasions are in zones that are too high to get to unless a friend flies you there (which doesn't happen often). For example for lowbie Alliance Westfall or Dun Murogh is easy, but gl getting to Tanaris and a 20's toon on Horde or Alliance without a lot of work. So because of those things, more invasions does not offset cutting xp from them to less than half what they were.
    To an extent, it does. Of the six invasion zones, only one of them (Tanaris) that requires a toon better than level 25, which isn't exactly a hard level to get to by any other means. With more zones up, it's easy enough to find one that you can actually use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
    After all,now you get more exp than before but people are uncapble of seeing it.
    No you don't. Unless of course you did 2 invasions and then AFKed for 3 hours. Right now literally ANYTHING is more experience per hour than invasions. Before? I could do two invasions and still have three hours to do dungeons or quests for even more experience, now? That is gone, so its just the shitty invasion XP.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I don't know which audience they are catering to, but most of us are not sitting on our butts in front of our computer playing invasions all day. So, the extra invasions per every few hours does me exactly zip in terms of more XP. Instead I am going to get shafted on the XP I was getting for the 2 or 4 I was able to pull-off every day :/ This sucks.
    Max level toons are the ones best served by this change. Grinding 700 gear was tough with only two invasion zones per four hours, especially if you're only missing a piece or two (My Druid's had most of the gear for ages and has been getting nothing but duplicates).

While it sucks that it's at the expense of XP for my lower level characters (I've got a Warlock, Warrior, and Rogue to go before I've got one of each class at 90 or better), but the change makes sense in context of benefiting max level toons as keeping the massive XP gain while being able to run more invasions would break leveling in a way that would presumably not be intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    The quest chain is bugged. When you hand in the book, you don't get the next quest.
    The followup questline unlocks next week.

I wonder if I can get my horde hunter up to 100, or high enough to do the invasion event before the toys disappear. If they disappear that is, didn't a dev state that the event will continue after legion drops?

Deleted
    F. this xp nerf, let the invasions flood azeroth for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I don't know which audience they are catering to, but most of us are not sitting on our butts in front of our computer playing invasions all day. So, the extra invasions per every few hours does me exactly zip in terms of more XP. Instead I am going to get shafted on the XP I was getting for the 2 or 4 I was able to pull-off every day :/ This sucks.
    I would imagine they are catering to characters of max level. The experience gains are just an extra little bonus they threw in just for the heck of it. They didn't create invasions solely so everyone can level new characters and all of their alts and ignore their max level characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mooninja View Post
    I wonder if I can get my horde hunter up to 100, or high enough to do the invasion event before the toys disappear. If they disappear that is, didn't a dev state that the event will continue after legion drops?
    so far pre-launch events always have been exactly that

Quote Originally Posted by mooninja View Post
    Short answer: yes, you can access the Broken Shore stuff after Legion drops according to Twitter remarks.

In any case, leveling a Hunter to 100 should be doable before then. Hunters are one of the easier classes to level. The biggest slog is the 60-80 region. Once you're past 80, the Cata and Pandaria stuff flies by and the WoD content can be plowed through in an evening if you focus primarily on bonus quests instead of legit questing.

Just remember, you can access Broken Shore at 98, you don't have to be 100.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another reason as well this was a bad change, as it was *many* players were done on invasions for their 100 lvl toons. I'm completely done with them on everyone I wanted to (about 6 100's), where I have full sets for xmog, all 700 pieces from drops/nethershards, maxxed 725 weapons, and at least 1000 nethershards left over for fel bats, or hopefully they add something else to buy. And I've heard many others in the same situation.

So already many players were going to stop doing invasions, and the fewer players the longer each invasion takes to complete. This is also going to push more players to tag the boss afk through them, since they have to do more to earn the same xp they were earning before. And the aren't very fun after doing a ton of them.

Another reason as well this was a bad change, as it was *many* players were done on invasions for their 100 lvl toons. I'm completely done with them on everyone I wanted to (about 6 100's), where I have full sets for xmog, all 700 pieces from drops/nethershards, maxxed 725 weapons, and at least 1000 nethershards left over for fel bats, or hopefully they add something else to buy. And I've heard many others in the same situation.

So already many players were going to stop doing invasions, and the fewer players the longer each invasion takes to complete. This is also going to push more players to tag the boss afk through them, since they have to do more to earn the same xp they were earning before. And the aren't very fun after doing a ton of them.
    Then stop doing them?

With CRZ, it's extremely rare to find an invasion with nobody in it. I logged on at like 3 AM after a bout of restless sleep a few nights ago and there was still plenty of people on to do an invasion no sweat.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the final part is that you hand in the item you get from Karazhan right ? Didn't get anything else to popup after only some Legion related mobs fighting in Dalaran.

And a secondary note: with Warforged items available now, I imagine we'll see a lot of level 100 players who'd already gotten their full sets diving right back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
    You only get more xp in the same 4 hour time span IF you do all 6 of the invasions vs getting that same xp doing 2 invasions before. Essentially we're being told to do 3 times the work for only slightly more than we were getting before. Its a pretty big nerf if you don't have the time to do all 6 in that 4 hour span.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2016-08-16 at 07:32 PM.

blizzard ruined the experience of events, more events but with less experience just makes it way more work to get the same experience. Ridiculous blizzard, I finally thought you wanted to help us level trash alts. I guess the alts will be unleveled then xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    You only get more xp in the same 4 hour time span IF you do all 6 of the invasions vs getting that same xp doing 2 invasions before. Essentially we're being told to do 3 times the work for only slightly more than we were getting before. Its a nerf if you don't have the time to do all 6 in that 4 hour span.
    this, so much this

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    You only get more xp in the same 4 hour time span IF you do all 6 of the invasions vs getting that same xp doing 2 invasions before. Essentially we're being told to do 3 times the work for only slightly more than we were getting before. Its a pretty big nerf if you don't have the time to do all 6 in that 4 hour span.
    It's absolutely a nerf, but I think people are getting a bit carried away with the melodrama on it. Leveling a toon is not a daunting task, nor has it been since they started allowing cross realm mail for things like heirlooms. I just came back to the game after a hiatus maybe two months ago and I've managed to level a Monk from 40 to 100, a DK from about 65 to 99 (Without running a single dungeon on him), a Rogue from 60 to 87, and grinded out Draenor flight on my main (I was at low honored on the reps when I took a break from the game). This while sharing my account with my wife and kid and getting out and about (All told, I get maybe an hour or two of gametime two to three nights a week). The DK is the only one of those I've done Invasion leveling with.

It's just not that hard and an XP nerf to a temporary pre-launch event is a funny thing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    No you don't. Unless of course you did 2 invasions and then AFKed for 3 hours. Right now literally ANYTHING is more experience per hour than invasions. Before? I could do two invasions and still have three hours to do dungeons or quests for even more experience, now? That is gone, so its just the shitty invasion XP.
    I think this kind of sums it up perfectly for me. Sure you can get a bit more XP. But that means you have to do every single invasion every 2 hours. So essentially what took you an hour before, will now take you 4. I just don't have that kind of time anymore. And my alt is lower level so I just began grinding invasions, and there is no way I can make it to all 3 with my limited travel.

Granted I was planning on doing the dungeon grind with this alt anyway, but it was just nice to have something different to do every few hours instead of queuing. Not a total turnoff, I'll still go when it's a reasonable travel distance and save some chests, just an annoyance that it got made harder/more time consuming.

the xp nerf for the invasions is bullsh*t. I get it was to Op.

But it took for level 50 min ( 2 zones + travel time).
    Now it takes 2,5 hours...Yes they are more frequent. But they will not go any faster. On top of that. Because of the xp nerf . they are not useful anymore to level so even less people will play them ( because if you get the gear and toys that would be the only reason to do it).

so gg blizz
    from op the, useless in 1 fix

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuushima View Post
    blizzard ruined the experience of events, more events but with less experience just makes it way more work to get the same experience. Ridiculous blizzard, I finally thought you wanted to help us level trash alts. I guess the alts will be unleveled then xD
    They gotta get you to buy boosts somehow.