Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    I can't even.. this class is just a mess right now. I guess this BB nerf settles my reroll now.

Honestly BB needed a nerf, it was doing WAY to much dmg for not having a rune cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Honestly BB needed a nerf, it was doing WAY to much dmg for not having a rune cost.
    If you consider our horrible ST output and this HS nerf which greatly impacted our AoE dps (even tho BB was #1) I think it actually didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Panetale View Post
    If you consider our horrible ST output and this HS nerf which greatly impacted our AoE dps (even tho BB was #1) I think it actually didn't.
    It has no cost, its free so yeah it should not be the top dmg ability.

It has no cost, its free so yeah it should not be the top dmg ability.
    How is it important what ability deals the most dmg as long as our dps is fine (which it isn't anymore)? Heck I wouldn't care if Blood Mirror was #1 as long as there is dps going on.
    And to compensate for this BB nerf (ST AND AoE) they would need to buff the shit out of MR/HS (DS dmg is fine imo) which they won't do since well.. DK n stuff.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter if it's 'free' it's still a GCD.

I don't mind the nerf so much as I mind that they let it be blatantly this powerful for such a long time that they have to nerf it by a considerable amount a week before launch. 50% nerf for a single ability this close is pretty crazy.

I guess historically there is a precedent being set, blood boil was nerfed by a massive 30% a couple weeks into Highmaul as well so just expect blood boil to be nerfed.

Single target wise it's going to be a 10-12% damage decrease, at least going by logs. On AoE encounters it's much more.

How is it important what ability deals the most dmg as long as our dps is fine (which it isn't anymore)? Heck I wouldn't care if Blood Mirror was #1 as long as there is dps going on.
    And to compensate for this BB nerf (ST AND AoE) they would need to buff the shit out of MR/HS (DS dmg is fine imo) which they won't do since well.. DK n stuff.
    Blood Mirror is a talent and BB is baseline so that is moot point you made.

BB needed a nerf it was to strong for what it is and its purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's 'free' it's still a GCD.
    Blood isn't GCD locked so that doesn't apply.

Blood Mirror is a talent and BB is baseline so that is moot point you made.
    Let it be DnD instead then on both ST and AoE. You get the point.

Let it be DnD instead then on both ST and AoE. You get the point.
    You literally made my point with that, DnD has a rune cost BB doesn't by the time DnD does its dmg and comes off CD BB would do more dmg pre-nerf...

Too much damage...as opposed to what? Veng DH's are pushing DPS classes for the top spot on meters as is...yet somehow DK damage was too high?

Mind you, this is a week after NERFING HS.

I'm just not clear as to what Blizzard wants with Blood. It's not okay for us to have mobility, it's not okay for us to have damage...so then what?

I wouldn't mind one bit if they just passed BB's damage along to MR, HS, and DS...but they haven't, in fact they've done the opposite.

DK's SHOULD be the DPS tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    we are the "juggernaut class", once at the target we do high dmg, now people say the dmg needs to be lowered so without dmg dk is what again? apart from the massgrip slave and the guy that always lacks behind
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    we are the "juggernaut class", once at the target we do high dmg, now people say the dmg needs to be lowered so without dmg dk is what again? apart from the massgrip slave and the guy that always lacks behind
    I didn't mind DK's class weaknesses...because it was offset by me being a high dps tank. I loved it. Fine, the DH is running all over the placing making me look like an old man...I'm good with that...because I know I'll be doing really high dps and actually feeling like a heavy hitter.

Now, I'll just have to be happy watching the DH fly all over the place, out dps'ing me, having equal if not better self healing, with a marginally infeior mass grip.

Man Blizz, sometimes you do really good things in this game, but other times you're a walking fucking disaster.

Unfortunately, DK seems to be in your disaster radius.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Too much damage...as opposed to what? Veng DH's are pushing DPS classes for the top spot on meters as is...yet somehow DK damage was too high?

Mind you, this is a week after NERFING HS.

I'm just not clear as to what Blizzard wants with Blood. It's not okay for us to have mobility, it's not okay for us to have damage...so then what?

I wouldn't mind one bit if they just passed BB's damage along to MR, HS, and DS...but they haven't, in fact they've done the opposite.

DK's SHOULD be the DPS tank.
    Even if we weren't DPS Tanks, atm I would be fine if blood was good in general. As Troxism already stated, MoP Blood Shield model (small heal, big blood shield) only that blood shield is down to about 25% of it's volume back in MoP. Besides that, basically a 4% flat dmg taken nerf (with the Bone Shield thingy). Our mobility is still bullshit, the only thing we have atm is Gorefiend's and Purg which are in fact useful. But on a tanking perspective we are no match to Prot War (even after nerf) or DH, I mean cmon Mione already soloed Imperator on his DH with 738 and no ring. A DK would not come close to that.

And a personal opinon at this point, DK plays like shit right now compared to before. The lack of CD's is another big factor, using vamp blood almost on CD and just dropping like hell until it is rdy again and you pull yourself up again, bad model imo. Old RT (40%) would change things a bit, but yeah.

Is the nerf live on beta, does anyone know? Dont know how the cycle is this late

Quote Originally Posted by Fokku View Post
    Is the nerf live on beta, does anyone know? Dont know how the cycle is this late
    It was a chickenshit stealth nerf...it's on live servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokku View Post
    Yeah it's on the beta too I checked.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

They should definitely make BB give some amount of runic power after the nerf. I agree with the BB dmg nerf because it wasn't good to be so reliant on one ability for damage, however the heart strike nerf doesn't make sense now and they should most definitely revert it.

The blood boil nerf is posted on the blizzard hotfixes page.

- Blood Boil's damage has been reduced by 39%.