Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

The Fix-My-DPS thread [READ FIRST POST]

Everyone needs help sometime or another, here's where you ask for it.

WHAT THIS IS NOT:
    A place to ask anything that can be answered by the basic Havoc spec guide, such as...
    - "Fix my spec plx???"
    - "What is my next upgrade???"
    - "What rotation should I use???"

WHAT THIS IS:
    - You have no clue why your (or someone elses) dps is so low
    - You're not sure which item to use (and have potentially already simmed the choices)
    - You don't understand why simcraft is telling you something is better
    - You want to improve in general
    - You are not satisfied with "Do X, Y, Z in that order" answers
    - You want an answer better suited to your playstyle

WHAT WE NEED:

We can't help you if you don't help us. "I do 14000 dps in MsV10 HALP!" only shows us that you can't read this post. There are several tools out there that will help us analyze your output and thus be able to say exactly what the problem is. This is what you need to provide in your post.

Recommended: Combat Log Parse

The best way to review your output is to get a combat log parse so that we can see the complete picture. This will show not only what you did, when you did it, and how well you did it, but also what the entire raid did. Maybe the problem was that the Elemental Shaman and Ret Paladin always die really early, and therefore you were missing their combined buffs. A combat log parse will show this.

I recommend http://www.warcraftlogs.com/ because of how easy their site is to navigate and how easy it is to run. It's very user friendly and has a lot of options and features. Once you have registered here and installed their client, make a combat log and post the link here.

Option Two: Damage Meter Screenshot with Details

This won't show us all the details, but is better for anonymity of your guild mates. This is a bit simpler than the above because you should already know how to use a Damage Meter. Good Damage Meters include Recount and Skada.

1) Kill the boss with your Damage Meter running
    2) Pick that fight from the Damage Meter window so we can filter out the rest of the crap
    3) Click your name so the details appear
    4) Hit print screen
    5) Upload that image (World of Warcraft \ Screenshots \) to imgur.com and post the LARGE THUMBNAIL link here. (You don't need a login here)

It should look like this

http://imgur.com/Q5C5NYV

Sorry, stealing this from the Warlock forum sue me!

Last Ditch Effort: Damage Meter or Combat Log Parse of Target Dummy

This should only be used as a last resort. Basically, follow the steps above but do so for a combat dummy.
    HOWEVER
    Make sure that the target dummy has zero debuffs on it when you start, and you cast no debuffs on it. It needs to be 100% clean. We can take the numbers you show us and increase them as if you had full raid buffs. If you attack a dummy with a buff or two on it that you don't know about, we will inadvertently factor these buffs in twice, which will make us say "You should be doing XXXXX dps" when you physically can never reach this number.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-05-12 at 11:02 AM.

Alright yall I guess I'll be the first one to admit I could use some help. Seeing at logs are ranking Demon Hunter pretty much at the top, where as I am not. Probably something to do with me. I am 849 ilevel which means I should be doing 250-300k single target and around 500k sustained AoE. But my single target falls very short of that. Getting sat because my single target capabilities is not good enough on the burn phase Il'gynoth is not fun.

I would like to raise my single target competitiveness. As well as suggestions for when to use certain CDs. Like saving FotI for the blobs on Il'gynoth.

My guess?
    1. My bloodlet damage is too low.
    2. My crit is too low, so fury gain is minimal during meta and fury dumps.
    3. Also, stay the hell alive. Too many times I would fel rush into a mechanic.

My Warcraft log for Heroic Nythendra kill probably the easiest to look at. (I can't post links yet).

Ring of Outlaws - Nythendra heroic kill

EDIT: I am doing momentum build
    My Amory stats:

Thress on Windrunner server.
    Last edited by Ralor; 2016-09-23 at 03:20 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Ralor Using this log as suggested, I'll point out some rotational misplays that seem to be recurring.

First, you should Metamorphosis on pull if you're using a Legion potion as you are here. You should also be playing with Chaos Blades for this boss.

Bloodlet uptime is 83%; while not the worst this could be improved slightly.
    Momentum uptime is 54%; again, while not horrible this could also be improved by 5% or so.
    You missed some Eye Beams.
    Your VR usage is poor, contributing to the low Momentum uptime. You should try to cast this on CD.
    You cast far too many Demon's Bite, due in part to the low VR usage noted above. That also leads to situations like the following:
    00:04:11.671 Thress gains Momentum from Thress

00:04:14.340 Thress casts Demon's Bite on Nythendra

00:04:15.409 Thress casts Demon's Bite on Nythendra

00:04:15.671 Thress's Momentum fades from Thress
    You should aim to minimize DB casts during the Momentum window. This is not the only instance of this happening; be more careful with pooling outside of Momentum windows so you aren't fury-starved during them. This is the error that is costing you the most performance.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2016-09-26 at 07:01 PM.

Thank you Khiyone! Yeah I was really trying to dig into my logs and I found the VR uptime was only 14%. That definitely needs to get fixed. And the demon bites inside momo are really bad too. Thanks!

Hello folks. would it be posible to request some one to take a look at our guilds demon hunters -dps-

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&boss=-2
    While most of our dh's seem to be doing well. this one seems to be falling behind with no clue on how to help him

I think I could use some help with my DH. In a lot of the fights in EN, I am under 200k, and in some cases even under 150k DPS single-target. I know that I should be able to clear 200k, probably even 225k.

My thoughts on what it might be:

1. bad momentum/prepared utilization
    2. bad prioritization (namely, not prioritizing chaos strike enough, and fury management)

Logs:

www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/mw4KcvxqpWgzHTCL/

Hello! I'm having issues with my dps and it is keeping me from getting into my guild's heroic raid group. My ilvl is 859 so my dps should be substantial. Currently I'm doing with 1,300 flask and 300 crit food around 180k single target on a dummy not popping meta.

Here is a breakdown of a ~4 min fight in recount: i dot imgur dot com/5yoMCi2 dot jpg

Also here is a link to my wow progress with all my updated gear: wowprogress dot com/character/us/borean-tundra/Aeuvex

(replace the "dot" words with periods. i made this account right before i posted so i cant post links)
    My stats currently are:
    Crit: 38%
    Haste: 10%
    mastery: 22%
    Vers: 7

My talents for Single target is: 1,1,3,3,3,1,1
    An for aoe/cleave: 1,1,3,3,1,1,2

Not quite sure whats going on. Keep in mind my artifact is only level 19, and my relics are 830/840/845

Quote Originally Posted by Aeuvex View Post
    Hello! I'm having issues with my dps and it is keeping me from getting into my guild's heroic raid group. My ilvl is 859 so my dps should be substantial. Currently I'm doing with 1,300 flask and 300 crit food around 180k single target on a dummy not popping meta.

Here is a breakdown of a ~4 min fight in recount: i dot imgur dot com/5yoMCi2 dot jpg

Also here is a link to my wow progress with all my updated gear: wowprogress dot com/character/us/borean-tundra/Aeuvex

(replace the "dot" words with periods. i made this account right before i posted so i cant post links)
    My stats currently are:
    Crit: 38%
    Haste: 10%
    mastery: 22%
    Vers: 7

My talents for Single target is: 1,1,3,3,3,1,1
    An for aoe/cleave: 1,1,3,3,1,1,2

Not quite sure whats going on. Keep in mind my artifact is only level 19, and my relics are 830/840/845
    I'd say crit is too low.

Was wondering if anyone could help me out. I think I know what the issue is: really low Momentum uptime(less then 50%). Here are logs from last night(I'm Qara).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8N3dKrf2YaVcn6Zt

Some notes:

I died on Nythendra at around ~10% ish, I was around I think 190K before dying IIRC(still not great of course).

I wasn't really AOE padding vs Ilgynoth, or I could have cheesed and done a lot more(I was #4 damage done to Corruptor Tentacles and #3 on the boss himself so I'm actually kinda happy about my performance on this one).

Like I said I think my big issue is Momentum uptime and not using VR enough but any other advice would be great. I wasn't using potions either but I was using the best flask and 300 food(last few pulls on Dragons was using 225 food).

Here is Armory link as well: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...un/Qara/simple

First pass at anything beyond Ursoc last night. Needless to say Xavis and Spider boss was terrible (Cenarius FR off a cliff). All around terrible (prolly worst) night of raiding I have had in 5 plus years. Any help for Spider boss and Xavius would be great.

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ngdemon/simple
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...TwBV8#fight=11

Hi all,

I am currently playing a demon hunter and i am having issues getting my dps and damage up to an acceptable level and i wanted to run this by all of you guys.
    This is a link to my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akataka/simple
    My guild did heroic up to Cenarius last night and i have the logs here https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=2

Currently for fights i like to pot at 2 seconds, Fel rush in, apply Nemesis, apply both stacks of Bloodlet, then metamorphosis to start and for the rotation afterwards i like to prioritize Eye Beam first, then bloodlet/glaives, followed by fury of illidari and charge number 2 of Fel Rush.

I have had mixed opinions on whether it is best to do preparation & momentum or Demon blades & nemesis so any extra input on that as well would be appreciated.

Thank you all for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaidia View Post
    Hi all,

I am currently playing a demon hunter and i am having issues getting my dps and damage up to an acceptable level and i wanted to run this by all of you guys.
    This is a link to my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akataka/simple
    My guild did heroic up to Cenarius last night and i have the logs here https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=2

Currently for fights i like to pot at 2 seconds, Fel rush in, apply Nemesis, apply both stacks of Bloodlet, then metamorphosis to start and for the rotation afterwards i like to prioritize Eye Beam first, then bloodlet/glaives, followed by fury of illidari and charge number 2 of Fel Rush.

I have had mixed opinions on whether it is best to do preparation & momentum or Demon blades & nemesis so any extra input on that as well would be appreciated.

Thank you all for your time!
    So I personally use 1231111 as my talent spec.

I'm comparing my kill last week, and your kill this week (Keep in mind mine was pre-nerfs, which equate to about 15% damage nerf)
    Link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...611507,1693298

A few key differences - as noted my spec is 1231111. (Incase the link didn't work, I've zoomed in until my guild killed it - so it's cut off the last 2 mins if your fight).

1) I did 97 Chaos Strike casts, you only 62. Missing 12m damage.

Key Notes:

You did 6 more TGs than me - so that's good. You're keeping on top of the CD.
    Your Annihiliation casts are better also - so you're good on that.
    Your Fel Rush damage is good (keep in mind, mine is pre-nerf).
    I was not potting at this stage - due to cost of pots on my realm, saved for last bosses.

I'm 7/7 heroic now with hopefully killing 1/7 mythic tonight. The MAIN difference I can see is your Chaos Strike damage is low. This is quite possibly due to me running 4 CS ranks in our artifact.

\You're also not running Momentum (which you really should be). I had 50 casts which each cast giving me 20% more damage. That's 57.46% uptime over the fight - 20% damage increase for 57% is quite a lot.

So other than your spec, potentially your artifact relics, just spam some more chaos strikes and you're doing fine.

Deleted
    So let me preface this whole thing by stating that as of now I don't have any logs because our RL forgot to save them, so by monday I'm totally coming back with those aswell, so I apologise for not following the rules.

Basically, that's the issue:
    single target I'm hovering at around 160k, and this includes fights like Il'gynoth aswell.

The part I'm not able to understand is that a Simcraft simulation returns pretty much the same values, give or take 10k which are probably due to me not being able to tell the program not to use any consumables.

So here I am, unable to find where to improve. Is it due to my gear?
    Here's the link to my character
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...icide/advanced
    Relics are 840 + 850 Demon's Bite and 830 Chaos Strike, going for Inner Demons as per the image in the sticky.
    Last edited by mmoca7e1e78f4f; 2016-09-29 at 03:41 AM.

To start off thank you very much for the info i feel alot better knowing it is one small thing. Also i wanted to ask what did you mean by "This is quite possibly due to me running 4 CS ranks in our artifact." I'm just not sure what your referring to by CS sorry if thats a dumb question.

So I seem to be really struggling in comparison to my fellow demon hunters on logs. That's fine except I can't figure out how to fix it. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Also good suggestions to practice said tips or tricks would be great...is a dummy sufficient or should I just spam dungeons. Thanks again.

I'm going to post 2 logs to give you a clearer picture.

www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/4xfHPLrFT2wnyWvd#fight=2&type=damage-done&start=541803&end=961132&source=28
    www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/nvzKHtBf9JQk64Lp#fight=11&type=damage-done

Yesterday I was in a raid with another dh.
    he dealt on some bosses twice my dmg. mostly at least 50% more than me.
    Our stats are not too far from another and his specc was 1233211. Is this a thing now?

I'm still trying to get my prepared/momentum thing together...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Takataka View Post
    To start off thank you very much for the info i feel alot better knowing it is one small thing. Also i wanted to ask what did you mean by "This is quite possibly due to me running 4 CS ranks in our artifact." I'm just not sure what your referring to by CS sorry if thats a dumb question.
    The relic for increased critical strike damage with Chaos Strike.

Hi, I've been having troubles keeping up with the ST damage I see other DH's pump out, since I haven't been keeping up with logs I went ahead and made a log on a dummy in the DH order hall. I imagine a lot of my issue is execution, I do try to keep momentum up as much as possible; however, to keep it up more it seems I would need more crit or else I'm Demon Biting during momentum and that is no good. Anyways, here's the log please look over it and inform me of anything I can do to increase my output. I'm Protothesis, since it picked up some NPC's.

www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/Xh4GdPY3wAxZRmnM (can't post link yet)

Here's my armoury also: us.battle . net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Protothesis/simple

edit: Here's a better log that I took in a mythic Eye of Azshara

www . warcraftlogs .com/reports/GYChgZkbD2KrQXBL/
    Last edited by Chrispwns; 2016-09-29 at 09:22 PM.

Hi guys, I'm noticing that my Chaos Strike usage is far lower than other DH's in a fight of similar length. Anywhere between 15-20 less! I'm usually generating a similar amount of fury through demon's bite and prepared compared to others. But they are just able to pump out many more Chaos Strikes. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that the cause might be partially due to not using blur as a dps CD to reset fel rush charges.

Here is a link to Ursoc from last night:

www . warcraftlogs .com/rankings/10#boss=1853

Thanks in advance!

Wow armory : us . battle . net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Rhaenesys/simple

Logs(Nythendra Heroic): www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/LArGQZmxdvyaChBH - nick: Rhaenesys

Relics: 840(Deceiver's Fury) - 850( Chaos strike dmg 24%) - 850( Meta CD)

Talents: 1-2-3-3-1-1-1