Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How can I analyse myself, such as my bloodlet up-time from this parse? Also, what do you see for improvement from this parse?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ce=8&target=36

Also, simcraft is showing me only at 192,000 dps and it is showing a Nemesis and DB build being the highest dps for me. Can someone simcraft me and help me improve?
    Last edited by Dvorjak; 2016-10-01 at 05:13 PM.

Im here for tips for using and keeping Momentum under control. Also, tips for what to do while in meta. Its not a number thing, its really how to improve my movement.

Deleted
    Hi Guys, hope you can help me.

I m playing in an EU guild, today we killed Nythendra mythic and tried the spider.

My Talents are 1,1,3,1,1,1,2

since i cant post links, my logs are on warcraftlogs, the character name ist "Avalôx" guild: is over ninethousand

on the Nythendra kill i had 51% uptime of Momentum, which is okay i think.

Maybe Demon Blades would be a better choice?
    Im thinking about chaos blades too, but i dont think, that is my problem

thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Avalox1991 View Post
    Hi Guys, hope you can help me.

I m playing in an EU guild, today we killed Nythendra mythic and tried the spider.

My Talents are 1,1,3,1,1,1,2

since i cant post links, my logs are on warcraftlogs, the character name ist "Avalôx" guild: is over ninethousand

on the Nythendra kill i had 51% uptime of Momentum, which is okay i think.

Maybe Demon Blades would be a better choice?
    Im thinking about chaos blades too, but i dont think, that is my problem

thanks for the help
    Im also having trouble with Chaos Blades vs Fel Barrage.

So im kinda confused. When i check warcraftlogs i see DH's in my kind of gear doing 300k dps on ursoc, while i strughle to do 200k.

I seem to be doing rotation right, but my dps just wont get higher.

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Anate/simple

Logs of my last raid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=11

I use glave\momentum build. For ST fights i swap fel barrage for chaos blades.

I am getting crushed in percentiles! I was killing dps with pug dungeons...now I look at logs and see I suck and am not sure what I need to fix.

Can someone help with my dps? I am 7/7 N and H and at the bottom of the percentiles...I am really draggiung my guild down.

1) Chaos blades + trinket
    2) build fury
    3) rush + glaive
    4) eye beam
    5) unload chaos strikes
    6) build fury
    7) rush + glaive
    8) unload chaos strikes

I've heard people can get three or four chaos strikes during a single momentum, but I can only get throw glaive and two cs. So am I not supposed to be using throw glaive then? Please help, my rankings are super low!

Also, how do I post the logs? I am being told by mmo champ that I am not allowed to post links.

Hello everyone, Having a bit of an issue trying to break 300k sustain. I'm wondering whether it's because i have a lower item level or there is something i could change up in my rotation to reach that goal.

My usual Opener is:
    Prepot > Belf racial > FR > Meta > CB > FotI > EB > FR > TG > CS spam > FR > TG > CS spam.

*First time poster so unfortunately i can't post full link*
    This is my most recent ursoc fight from WoWlogs:
    /reports/BxqV8GWTvcgD3Pj7#fight=6&type=damage-done

Deleted
    I just got a 870 Ravaged seed pod, and I have a 850 Bloodthrity instinct and a 860 Unstable arcanocrystal. Which one should i change ?

I can't decide it would be a loss or gain to change since i don't have that much time :/
    Last edited by mmocce1a1323c7; 2016-10-05 at 09:56 PM.

Deleted
    Armory: /wow/en/character/burning-legion/Wariacitto/simple
    iLvl: 854
    Avg. dps: 340k during burst with mm, slowly drops to stable 180k...
    Skada ss: (can't post, cuz' 1st post on mmo-champion)
    d3higte790sj35 . cloudfront . net /images/qq/fw/2d0fc7f451de28b149eab48acc466964.png

I tried different builds and rotations, but in the end i can't maintain stable 200k with my ilvl.

I could use some help with my dps on mythic Nythendra. In general I'm finding the fight to be really complex as a momentum demon hunter with the strat my guild uses which is 9 people on each side of the boss spread 8 yards. I'm able to hit 72-75% percentile on heroic but I am just sucking it up completely on mythic.

Any and all advice would be really appreciated.

Parse for 0% attempt: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=23

Deleted
    Hey guys!

I've been doing well in the first normal raid when EN opened, after that EN Heroic been a mess for me...

I think I'm geared well actually, but either I'm messing up my Momentum playstyle or there's something else... however our other DH keeps doing slightly more dps than I do - that's why I also was benched after HC for Mythic... however, I feel like I could do actually way more (at this point I also feel that "Anguish of the Deceiver" was not the best option to go second compared to "Inner Demons", or?)

- Warcraftlogs: warcraftlogs .com/rankings/character/15649288/latest/
    - Armory: eu. battle .net/wow/en/character/azshara/Zamasu/simple

P.S. I will have my 25th Artifact Point by today or tomorrow and will unlock "Inner Demons" then.

Hello all.

We have a Demon Hunter (Peung) who is extremely frustrated with their performance but has no clue how to correct it

Logs:
    (some heroic) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    (some normal) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1p3DnMZmvFByT7Vj

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Peung/advanced

Any bit of advice would be greatly appreciated.

We did our first full clear of normal EN as a guild last night (We're p casual) and I am pretty confused as to why my DPS was only parsing in the 40-50 percentile. I was not using potions or flasks.

Name: Drazhoath
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/mqCph4YkfJaX2BMK/#fight=3
    Armory: battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Drazhoath/simple

Please note that I am 848, not 851. I do have some gear that can get me to 851, but it is either poor stat priority (mastery, no crit), or just not great (Ravaged seed pod)

This was the first time we had ever downed Xavius, so I am not surprised I parsed so low. I was being very cautious there. I would however like to know WTF I did wrong on all the other boss fights.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Wogasm; 2016-10-06 at 07:03 PM.

Hi guys, my DPS seems low and I'm not sure why. I've checked a lot of the demon hunter resources and I seem to be doing everything correct, however my guild insists that my DPS is unusually low. Any help would be appreciated.

Armoury: eu . battle . net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Melancholix/simple
    Warcraft log from last night: www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/ZYLVw3rhqMNt7a12#fight=15&type=damage-done&source=13

I think one thing to consider here is purely what gear the person is wearing. Ilvl still holds value but with all the legendaries and artifacts out now, you really need to consider their gear choices and not just rotation and momo uptime, which are important obviously lol. For example, someone could have same ilvl but have their entire artifact unlocked which would put them ahead of you. Another big time factor will be trinkets, relics, and legendary. If they are able to burst to 800k +, parsing at 300k doesn't seem that far fetched. Just when you look at their logs, also look at their armory to really compare any clear advantages they may have.

Hello guys,

I did nythendra hc last night, think I did everything correctly, but my dps is sucking so much (40% for 858 ilvl).

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Had 53% uptime on momentum and still ended up behind 2 851 ilvl dps's with 206k ST.

If anyone can help out, please do. Thanks

log: www .warcraftlogs. com/reports/Kpyh4nYzLTGjCbqF#fight=3&type=damage-done
    armory: eu .battle. net/wow/en/character/aggra-portugues/Gonkz/simple

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Hello all.

We have a Demon Hunter (Peung) who is extremely frustrated with their performance but has no clue how to correct it

Logs:

Armory:

Any bit of advice would be greatly appreciated.
    So, first and foremost, I suggest you direct him towards the Havoc guide stickied in this forum. Vanyali, and the other contributors have put a lot of effort into creating a fairly comprehensive overview of the class. I’m not going to go into extreme detail here, but rather just hit on the major points I’m seeing.

Momentum – His momentum uptime is incredibly low. Looking at your logs for heroic Ursoc, his uptime averaged a little shy of 29% over all of your wipes. Uptime on this, with optimal play can be as high as 57% with his current talent setup, and 65-73% with a more recommended build, and appropriate artifact talents. Vengeful Retreat should be used on cooldown, and never let Fel Rush sit at 2 charges. If he feels he cannot properly maintain momentum, he can switch to the nemesis talent for single target fights. Refer to the Havoc guide for proper Fel Rush/Vengeful Retreat paths.

Bloodlet – He is using the Felblade talent over Bloodlet. Bloodlet provides a substantial damange increase even on single target. HI main focus should be to always use Throw Glaive during the momentum window, and never let it sit at 2 charges.

Demon Blades vs. Prepared – Demon Blades is generally only a DPS increase over prepared if he has the legendary ring, Anger of the Half Giants, and even then it is heavily dependent on his uptime on the boss. Demon Blades is also the go-to talent if he chooses Nemesis over Momentum. Prepared will lower the cooldown on Vengeful Retreat and cause it to generate 40 rage over 5 seconds. Provided he can use this on cooldown, it will result in a DPS increase.

Use of Cooldowns – He did not use Fury of the Illidari or Eye Beam at all on your best Ursoc attempt, and he only used Metamorphosis and Chaos Blades could have both been used 1 additional time. These cooldowns should typically be used on cooldown provided they are not being saved for a specific purpose, with the exception of Eye Beam which should only be used outside of Metamorphosis. Both Fury of the Illidari and Eye Beam should be used during the momentum window if applicable.

Hi had a question on trinkets. Not sure which to use between:

850 - Darkmoon Card: Dominion
    870 - Horn of Valor

My other one is 850 trinket off Ursoc I'm set on. My dps is fine just wondering which one you guys think is best.

We did our first full clear of normal EN as a guild last night (We're p casual) and I am pretty confused as to why my DPS was only parsing in the 40-50 percentile. I was not using potions or flasks.
    That's a pretty big issue right there. For demon hunters, lets say they get 9 dps per point of agility (at least from my simulationcraft statweights). A Flask of the Seventh Demon gives +1300 agility, which means all of your attacks are going to be doing a bit more damage, which adds up over the course of a long boss fight. Once we consider that over 2 uses, a potion does 4.5% of my dps (my last parse i did 343k on H Xavius, round up to 5% and 340k for simpliticy's sake) that's 17k dps from potions. It makes sense that you would parse low if everyone else is using potions as well. In addition, I've found that over the course of a 4 minute Ursoc fight there was a 30-40k dps difference between when I was using potions and when I was not.

Hi had a question on trinkets. Not sure which to use between:

850 - Darkmoon Card: Dominion
    870 - Horn of Valor

My other one is 850 trinket off Ursoc I'm set on. My dps is fine just wondering which one you guys think is best.

Go use simulationcraft. We're not going to be able to answer that here with no idea what the rest of your gear is and this isn't the thread for that kind of question.
    Last edited by Kyndrid; 2016-10-12 at 08:08 AM.

Morning all,

Hope to find some help. I recently swapped over from Veng to Havoc and while my DPS is increasing each week I feel like I am still way behind where I could be. Last night I had a full clear of EN Normal and while the run went smooth (aside from misjudging my location on a few fights and killing myself) I was usually in the top 5 on DPS but I am not happy with where I seem to be parsing, I feel like I am leaving too much DPS on the table.

Armory: Nondominus
    Logs: Warcraft Logs EN Normal Includes all 7 bosses.

A few things I am looking at that may be issues:

Momentum uptime low, I think this is due to clipping the buff. I have a habit of casting FR, VR, FR which if I understand correctly is wasting several seconds of momentum

Artifact Path - looking to reset my points and go to Anguish of the Deciever first instead of inner demons

Talent Choice - Not sure I need Master of the Glaive over Demon Reborn, and looking at taking Prepared over Demon Blades

But even with those changes I still feel like something is off in what I am doing.