Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdarix View Post
    Morning all,

Hope to find some help. I recently swapped over from Veng to Havoc and while my DPS is increasing each week I feel like I am still way behind where I could be. Last night I had a full clear of EN Normal and while the run went smooth (aside from misjudging my location on a few fights and killing myself) I was usually in the top 5 on DPS but I am not happy with where I seem to be parsing, I feel like I am leaving too much DPS on the table.

Armory: Nondominus
    Logs: Warcraft Logs EN Normal Includes all 7 bosses.

A few things I am looking at that may be issues:

Momentum uptime low, I think this is due to clipping the buff. I have a habit of casting FR, VR, FR which if I understand correctly is wasting several seconds of momentum

Artifact Path - looking to reset my points and go to Anguish of the Deciever first instead of inner demons

Talent Choice - Not sure I need Master of the Glaive over Demon Reborn, and looking at taking Prepared over Demon Blades

But even with those changes I still feel like something is off in what I am doing.
    The biggest improvement you can make is to increase your momentum uptime. That's the first thing I always look for. You can almost double your uptime with your current talent setup. Never let Fel Rush hit 2 charges, and use Vengeful Retreat on cooldown. You can Fel Rush aggressivley, focusing on momentum uptime while you have blur available. If Blur is on cooldown, pool your fury to about <30 below cap before entering momentum (still make sure to not let Fel Rush hit 2 charges, and use VR on cooldown). If you don't think you can maintain at least a 50-60% uptime on momentum, you may be better off using Nemesis.

- Yes. Don't overlap the momentum buff. It only refreshes the duration, does not add to it.
    - I wouldn't waste the AP to reset your Artifact Tree, inner demons is fine.
    - Master of the Glaive is the preferred talent choice. Never let your Throw Glaive hit 2 charges either.
    - I'm almost positive prepared is the preferred talent choice over Demon Blades until you get the legendary ring. (assuming a momentum build)

Edit: http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/Nd...22/2?tab=basic
    Last edited by Midgehh; 2016-10-12 at 03:33 PM.

Hey guys, I'm looking at my DPS and can not understand what I'm doing wrong. I've noticed that my stats are not all that great but I just have not gotten the gear to correct that. However, I want to work on my single target DPS. Here is my log for URSOC last night:

Warcraft Log

Hey guys, looking to improve my dps and overall rotation. Can you see any mistakes or problem areas?

ursoc logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=94

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking at my DPS and can not understand what I'm doing wrong. I've noticed that my stats are not all that great but I just have not gotten the gear to correct that. However, I want to work on my single target DPS. Here is my log for URSOC last night:

Warcraft Log
    Momentum uptime is low. You should be in the 65-73% range with your talent setup, assuming you have the Demon Speed artifact trait (Advance logging wasn't turned on so I can't see this for myself), or at least 60% without it. You could have used Vengeful Retreat 6 additional times, which translates to roughly 7 additional CS/Annihilations depending on your crit rate. If you have the Anguish artifact talent make sure you Eye Beam on cooldown except during metamorphosis.

Beyond that, just try to make sure you're avoiding Demon's Bite as much as possible during your momentum window. (lowest priority, but don't waste a GCD waiting for something to come off cooldown).

Edit: Also, Chaos Blades over Fel Barrage for single target fights.

Hi, could someone take a look at this log and tell me what I can do better? I'm ranked at the 89th percentile for demon hunters which I'd say is pretty good but then I look at the ilvl percentile and it's down to 67%. I do have a few pretty bad pieces of gear with no crit on them, that definitely could be part of it. I do sometimes prioritize ilvl over pure dps when I'm comparing items because I figure getting invited to groups helps me more than 0.5% more dps which I can't prove that I do until I get invited. This is only on tiny upgrades though, like one piece scores 12500 with my stat weights while the other one scores 12600 with 10 fewer ilvls I'll pick the highest ilvl and justify it with the fact that at least i'm getting more stamina right? And it definitely helps a TON with group finder invites.

So anyway, here's my armory profile: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%ACne/simple
    and here's a log from tonight's Nythendra heroic kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=7

I'd love to get some feedback on what I'm doing right or wrong and where I can improve because it seems like I should be doing more dps than I currently am.

Hello!

Below was a parse from Normal but i felt the i played pretty solid. Almost top 10% on the parse but still curious to get opinions on improvement spots.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=19

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=26
    Last edited by Restitution; 2016-10-13 at 01:38 AM.

Hi everyone. I am in need of help with my dps. I read the rotation strategies, but feel I'm still missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...okitt/advanced
    Combat Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=15

Hi guys,

Im looking to improve at to be honest I feel like I should be doing more damage for my Ilevel.

I manged to get some more loot for my spec last night but I was at around 855ilevel when these logs were taken

Im thinking of switching to demon blades but I was just wondering if someone could take a look at my logs to give me any tips or pointers

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...urce=7&fight=2

Kind regards

Hey guys. I normally run with Demon Blades/Fel Barrage 99% of the time but wanted to try and push my single target dps more so I tried the Prepared/Chaos build on the first boss in EN. It was horrible and maybe because I'm not used to the playstyle at all. Fast forward to the Xavius kill and you can see my dps is much higher. Either way can you provide me with some feedback on what I can do better with a)Prepared/Chaos build and b)DB/FB build.

Thanks!

Glaivageddon

www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/271JjF8C3hRq6k9M#type=damage-done

Quote Originally Posted by JonStatiK View Post
    Hey guys. I normally run with Demon Blades/Fel Barrage 99% of the time but wanted to try and push my single target dps more so I tried the Prepared/Chaos build on the first boss in EN. It was horrible and maybe because I'm not used to the playstyle at all. Fast forward to the Xavius kill and you can see my dps is much higher. Either way can you provide me with some feedback on what I can do better with a)Prepared/Chaos build and b)DB/FB build.

Thanks!

Glaivageddon

www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/271JjF8C3hRq6k9M#type=damage-done
    You're not doing a great job at managing your Fury. You cast far too many Demon's Bites throughout the fight. You wasted 401 fury by using Demon's Bite at or near the fury cap. This translates to roughly 12 extra casts of Chaos Strike/Annihilation. You also only used Vengeful Retreat 7 times throughout the fight. With perfect usage you should have been able to cast it roughly 20 or 21 times. Lets be conservative and say 20. That means you lost out on an additional 520 fury, or approximately 16 Chaos Strike/Annihilations. These 2 things alone could have brought you up by about 7.5 million damage, not even taking into account the low momentum uptime, and the effect better VR usage would have on that.
    Edit: This doesn't even take into the account the fury lost via Fel Rush, because warcraftlogs doesn't do a great job of tracking that.
    Edit2: I'm mainly looking at Nyth.

Also, don't use Eye Beam during Metamorphosis. Its not a dramatic difference, but it is a dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgehh View Post
    You're not doing a great job at managing your Fury. You cast far too many Demon's Bites throughout the fight. You wasted 401 fury by using Demon's Bite at or near the fury cap. This translates to roughly 12 extra casts of Chaos Strike/Annihilation. You also only used Vengeful Retreat 7 times throughout the fight. With perfect usage you should have been able to cast it roughly 20 or 21 times. Lets be conservative and say 20. That means you lost out on an additional 520 fury, or approximately 16 Chaos Strike/Annihilations. These 2 things alone could have brought you up by about 7.5 million damage, not even taking into account the low momentum uptime, and the effect better VR usage would have on that.
    Edit: This doesn't even take into the account the fury lost via Fel Rush, because warcraftlogs doesn't do a great job of tracking that.
    Edit2: I'm mainly looking at Nyth.

Also, don't use Eye Beam during Metamorphosis. Its not a dramatic difference, but it is a dps loss.
    All around, I need to relearn the class. Thanks. hahaha

No really, I'll probably go work on some dummies. Thank you for your time.

Wasnt sure if i should post it here or make a new thread so figured i'd try here first.
    not so much a fix my dps question i quess but couldnt find any solid info on how to use demon blades correctly, ive been seeing more and more higher tier dh's switching to DB and figured i'd try it too since my gear is getting up there and ive already lucked out with anger of the half giants. I know how it works in theory i.e you can only proc between gcd's and such but im not really sure how to take it to action.

I downloaded weakauras from the DH discord which had an autoattack swingtimer on them, but am i just not supposed to be casting when it hits 0 or do i also have to be off gcd in general, i.e do i stop doing anything ~1,6 secs before an autoattack occurs (isnt gcd 1,5?)

https://wago.io/EkwMmv_Sb This is the weakaura im using, its from the DH discord channel resources section. The swing timer or w/e it is doesnt seem to appear on every autoattack so im not actually perfectly sure if its a swingtimer or some sort of indicator of gcd lock or something, im pretty lost here

Anyhow, if anyone can spare the time could you explain/give me a link to a guide on how does this all work and how will i maximize my output. Thanks!

I'm really not sure why my DPS is so low. I've been talking to another DH in my guild, and simming my character. Apparently, I should be pulling ~320k dps, but that's just not happening. Some feedback would be great.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/xcP4vqK9fm1TZ2gz#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=14

(Can't post links, sorry.)

I know I have things I can improve upon, like fury / momentum management, just not 50k-100k DPS loss worthy.
    Last edited by JackOfBlades72; 2016-10-15 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfBlades72 View Post
    I'm really not sure why my DPS is so low. I've been talking to another DH in my guild, and simming my character. Apparently, I should be pulling ~320k dps, but that's just not happening. Some feedback would be great.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/xcP4vqK9fm1TZ2gz#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=14

(Can't post links, sorry.)

I know I have things I can improve upon, like fury / momentum management, just not 50k-100k DPS loss worthy.
    Compared to my own logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/XaBhCm13ZyzVHqpg#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=8

Where do you get your 320k DPS number from?

A few things I noticed:
    No pre-pot - damage will be lower without it.
    No neck enchant, that's 2% damage loss right there.
    48.42% momentum uptime with prepared (i was 51.03% without prepared)
    Fury probably cast a lot outside of momentum window, leading to lower damage.

Hey folks.
    WCL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ght=3&source=5
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oftak/advanced

My guild just does normals and heroics if able. My performance is good enough for the guild but I like to feel like I'm playing to the best of my ability. From armory, I do need to enchant my rings since they're raid level now, waiting on neck enchant for a good neck.

For logs, I typically don't pot since consumables are expensive at this point in the expac and we're not that hard core. Once I get my gold back up and our alchemists get a good stock, double potting will be a thing that is done on pulls that aren't complete clusters. I am pretty sure my fury of the illidari use could be better and I think I need better fury management. I've got weak auras to tell me that VR is up or if I have 2 stacks of fel rush and I "think" I'm doing ok with my momentum, though Ursoc is my best momentum uptime since I started logging. I feel like my bloodlet uptime should be higher as well (I need to make a WA for that). Looking for any other tips on either mindset or things to make weak auras for. Thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mooftak View Post
    Hey folks.
    WCL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ght=3&source=5
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oftak/advanced

My guild just does normals and heroics if able. My performance is good enough for the guild but I like to feel like I'm playing to the best of my ability. From armory, I do need to enchant my rings since they're raid level now, waiting on neck enchant for a good neck.

For logs, I typically don't pot since consumables are expensive at this point in the expac and we're not that hard core. Once I get my gold back up and our alchemists get a good stock, double potting will be a thing that is done on pulls that aren't complete clusters. I am pretty sure my fury of the illidari use could be better and I think I need better fury management. I've got weak auras to tell me that VR is up or if I have 2 stacks of fel rush and I "think" I'm doing ok with my momentum, though Ursoc is my best momentum uptime since I started logging. I feel like my bloodlet uptime should be higher as well (I need to make a WA for that). Looking for any other tips on either mindset or things to make weak auras for. Thank you.
    You delayed meta which cost you a second meta in the fight. Bad usage of fury of illidari meant you had 4 casts of it not 5. You took Fel Barrage instead of Chaos Blades for pure single target.

Hi, there's a lot of good information on this thread! I'm looking to get some help for my dps; I perform decent dps within my guild but extremely mediocre dps for my item level. I've wondered if it's due to rotational mistakes, inferior talents, poorly optimized gear, mechanical incompetence, or maybe a combination of those. I'm not really sure what to do to improve my dps at this point, the next steps aren't intuitive to me. Thank you in advance for the help.

Logs: www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/NDwGAHV8XRc7KF2L#type=damage-done&source=11
    www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/TbDykAnvWc1HNXL2/#type=damage-done&source=3
    Armory: us.battle . net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Alaeniea/simple

I'd like to know what I can improve with my current Nemesis build, but let me know if Momentum is really the way to go. I've tried it before, but I struggled with the playstyle of it. If it's truly optimal, I could try to get used to it though, and any advice for Momentum uptime and spell order would be great!

Hey,

i would like to ask you guys if someone can tell me what im doing wrong. im at 9% ranking in the bracket
    here is a log from ursoc mythic last night (best try 3%) :P.

www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/r2RpmAkb1LKQqDFf#fight=16&type=damage-done&source=22

here my armory: eu . battle .net/wow/de/character/blackrock/Demonhuntard/simple

Regards leroy

Quote Originally Posted by Zarelin View Post
    Hi, there's a lot of good information on this thread! I'm looking to get some help for my dps; I perform decent dps within my guild but extremely mediocre dps for my item level. I've wondered if it's due to rotational mistakes, inferior talents, poorly optimized gear, mechanical incompetence, or maybe a combination of those. I'm not really sure what to do to improve my dps at this point, the next steps aren't intuitive to me. Thank you in advance for the help.

Logs: www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/NDwGAHV8XRc7KF2L#type=damage-done&source=11
    www . warcraftlogs . com/reports/TbDykAnvWc1HNXL2/#type=damage-done&source=3
    Armory: us.battle . net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Alaeniea/simple

I'd like to know what I can improve with my current Nemesis build, but let me know if Momentum is really the way to go. I've tried it before, but I struggled with the playstyle of it. If it's truly optimal, I could try to get used to it though, and any advice for Momentum uptime and spell order would be great!
    Momentum is better than nemesis mainly because you can choose yourself when you want the 20% buff. So you always ensure that your TG and CS will get it.

In each momentum window, you should get at least 3 attacks off, usually TG + 2x CS. Position yourself so that you will stay within the boss's hitbox when using rush or VR. Since VR isn't on a GCD, it's nice to use it together with Fury of the Illidary for the extra 20% damage on it. Also if you got anguish, make sure you have momentum up when the damage will proc. If you're using Demon Blades like me, try to keep one charge of TG available to use in case you get a string of bad RNG (opener always consists of TGx2 and CS in the first rush window).

As you can see, momentum makes our playstyle very different and a lot more complicated, but when mastered it will provide a pretty significant boost over nemesis. Note that big haste buffs (lust and meta) will change the rotation significantly (usually you can get an extra attack into the window)

Deleted
    Hi guys! I'm here to ask your advices!

I'm Irridan on Nemesis (if u want to check on armory)

I'm very frustated 'cause my dps is very low... :\

This is on dummy...not my best performance with momentum, but rotation mechanic it's almost ok.

www . imgur . com/a/Zr7z2

www . imgur . com/a/vgUCM

I start with TG, then Metamorph and BoC, FotI, Eye beam.
    Then start with DB and momentum mechanic + VR.
    Never loose the CD on TG and fel rush.

Thank you for the help!