Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Demonic build DPS issues

Hey!

I have been playing DH for a while now, and i recently changed spec to demonic build. I have been practicing my rotations for quite a while now, and i feel like i master it pretty good. Even though i'm using the right rotations, spec and have somewhat OK gear, my DPS seems to be lower than other DHs with somewhat same talent build and gear. I'm aware that i might be missing out on a few Chaos strikes now and then, but that shouldn't be the difference between 1,4M and 1,7M DPS..

I'm using simcraft regularly together with pawn. What am i doing wrong?

Aewon - Ravencrest EU
    Last edited by gamstn; 2018-02-27 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojocuervo View Post
    I need some assistance on trinket use. I'm using Vari's one "Seeping scourgewing" and "Golganneth's vitality". But I also have the doggos trinket; and I've seen some dh's using eye of command. I keep wondering which one is better, cause I think doggos trinket >>>>>>>>>> eye of command
    Eoc is for tunneling.
    For me my 940 eoc sims about equal with my 960 dog trinket.
    Buuuut 955 Sleeping Scourgewing with socket sims even better.

At the end of the day, all three are viable depending on the fight.

Hey,

I´m new to checking and analyzing logs. I'm a vengeance DH and warcraft logs gives me two numbers... Rank% where i´m at 47 and ilvl% where i´m at 90+.

Character Name: Kuir

/reports/8qLM931mZg7vATny#fight=3&view=rankings

PS: Not allowed to post links, so just add this after warcraftlogs . com

Any help in understand what number is important, and what to work on to improve would be great. I have the impression to be providing decent DPS, depending on how hard i try (400-600k dps) whilst rotating my defensives at the right time (Have 3/2 charge leg legs). Any advice on how to get better?
    Last edited by Angelsje1; 2018-03-29 at 02:49 PM.

I am currently simming at 2.05 mil dps. I have never been able to hit that number on any boss. Usually I do around 1.5-1.7 mil on any given boss. I have looked at many top DH logs and cannot find what I am doing wrong that is costing me almost 500k dps. I also have read both the icy veins and wow head DH guides.If anyone can help find what I am doing wrong that would be great!

Here are my logs up to Aggramar on heroic, the DH is Fallka
    warcraftlogs. com/reports/Tzqcr7tRBvgjNp6a

Thanks.

Hello,

a friend of mine plays a Demon Hunter. His DPS seems low for his gear. Unfortunately I have no clue on how to play a DH.
    Could you take a look on a EoA +19 log and give me some pointers on what he can improve?

Here's the log: warcraftlogs com/reports/TvhjmtXarFnz1V2f#fight=1&type=summary

What are we supposed to do when RNG is against us. With the passive demon blades, I feel you can sit there with no fury just waiting. Basic deal is always have trial of ruin going, and eye beam on cd, but when you're just sitting there is it worth it to throw in consume magic, throw glaive, or a random stun? Assuming demonic talents.

I'm not sure if just pressing available buttons actually reduces dps as opposed to just waiting for chaos strike.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana View Post
    What are we supposed to do when RNG is against us. With the passive demon blades, I feel you can sit there with no fury just waiting. Basic deal is always have trial of ruin going, and eye beam on cd, but when you're just sitting there is it worth it to throw in consume magic, throw glaive, or a random stun? Assuming demonic talents.

I'm not sure if just pressing available buttons actually reduces dps as opposed to just waiting for chaos strike.
    Yes, always press an available ability to minimize your down time

Hi there,

I am relatively new to the demon hunter class, I raided with my rogue and DK most of the time for the last 12 years.
    I would be happy to get a few tips for my dps:

https://de.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done

What I figured out myself:
    - I need to use immolation aura on cd
    - on Zul I should have taken fel barage

Thank you very much in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    Hi there,

I am relatively new to the demon hunter class, I raided with my rogue and DK most of the time for the last 12 years.
    I would be happy to get a few tips for my dps.

What I figured out myself:
    - I need to use immolation aura on cd
    - on Zul I should have taken fel barage
    Thank you very much in advance!
    I'm not an especially good player (and I'm probably wrong about many of my tips) but I'll try to help.

First of all your secondary stats aren't very optimal. You need a lot more versatility but less mastery. Your trinkets aren't all that great either but that's understandable. Item lvl is king after all.

I don't feel that Fel Barrage is necessary for any of the boss fights on heroic. Killing the boss is always the priority and you have plenty of cleave already.
    Delaying Immolation Aura for AoE situations is fine.

From the logs I noticed that you aren't casting Blade Dance as often as possible (comparing your logs to mine, anyway). Blade Dance is very strong in single target and you shouldn't really delay it that much.

Another big improvement could be using a better opening rotation for the Demonic talent. 2 seconds before pull use Immolation Aura and then use your potion.
    Cast one Demon's Bite and cast Eye Beam. Follow up with Death Sweep and Annihilation and NOW use your first Metamorphosis.
    Found this on Icyveins so someone can correct me if this is unoptimal.

I can't really tell from the logs but you should also line-up your Eye Beam for add phases. I'm pretty sure you do this already but I've noticed that my logs improve a lot just by saving my Eye Beam for "padding logs". During hectic add cleave (Zul) you should also use Fel Rush for damage especially since you had one Unbound Chaos trait. Make sure you use your second Metamorphosis and agility potion for similar situations.
    Last edited by oltsakka; 2018-09-17 at 09:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Thank you very much!
    Yes, the secondary stats are garbage :-( I didn't get anything else, I switched my guild and class just two weeks ago and started playing my DH from 110.
    With the opener...ok, I will look that up!
    Blade dance I generaly try to use on cd, with the only exeption if there will be adds in the next 5 seconds. But I will give it a try :-)

Thank you again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Your should use meta on pull. The eyebeam before meta opener is outdated as eyebeam now always increases meta duration.

Immo @2-3s on pull timer (not earlier as your fury is reset to a maximum of 20 on entering boss combat)
    Potion at 1s and then meta into the target
    Death Sweep (with the fury from aura)
    Demons Bite
    Eyebeam

Then continue as normal. Its very important to maximise blade dance casts and always have enough fury to cast it as it comes off cd.
    Last edited by Malvanis; 2018-09-19 at 08:40 PM.
    Malvanis | <Scuffed> OCE

Drop by if you have any DH questions:
    http://www.twitch.tv/malvanis

The immolation Aura tip was the go to. I am not excellent by any means, but I parsed something between 70 and 90 yesterday. Problem of too much mastery remains, but can't fix that now.

Deleted
    Hi! There are some requests stacking up here, but I might as well ask myself, because with BfA I am not really doing well with my DH.

Here I parse at 43% for my ilvl which feels kinda bad. Sometimes I am better, sometimes I am worse, depending on encounter. This was our first Vectis HC kill, but from the wipes this feels like average for me. I am Mirel.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=18

I have the small enchants on the rings for now, because my rings don't feel worthy for the bigger enchant... and I don't think it will make such a difference anyway. I might be wrong though.

I use the Raidbots/PWN combo to determine stat weights (https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...HzEMw6Td6KyMxR) and used the IcyVeins guide as a basic ressource.

Thing is, if it is a gear problem, that is fine and dandy. I can live with that. But if I am playing badly I would love to fix that.
    Last edited by mmoc43b1bfde29; 2018-10-18 at 07:17 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1881 View Post
    Hi! There are some requests stacking up here, but I might as well ask myself, because with BfA I am not really doing well with my DH.

Here I parse at 43% for my ilvl which feels kinda bad. Sometimes I am better, sometimes I am worse, depending on encounter. This was our first Vectis HC kill, but from the wipes this feels like average for me. I am Mirel.

I have the small enchants on the rings for now, because my rings don't feel worthy for the bigger enchant... and I don't think it will make such a difference anyway. I might be wrong though.

I use the Raidbots/PWN combo to determine stat weights () and used the IcyVeins guide as a basic ressource.

Thing is, if it is a gear problem, that is fine and dandy. I can live with that. But if I am playing badly I would love to fix that.
    Your gear/stat weights on your gear is actually very good, especially with having such a high ilvl Plumage.

The main thing I see is your talents; I would try going with 1313221. Nemesis just isn't good enough (in my opinion) compared to Demonic, especially with being able to macro your Plumage to Eye Beam for added value. Blind Fury adds more value to both Demonic and your trinket (that you'd have macro'd) by filling up your rage, and Immo Aura is just an all-around solid trait for the AoE damage and the fury return.

Just one short Question for a new DH Player.

When should i pick Demon Blades as talent? At the moment i am still leveling and run few 5er Dungeons but for me it seems that i gain mor Fury from Demon Bite then Demon Blades and it flees like a "faster" Playstyle.

So which gearscore or Stats i need for Demon Blades?

thx for helping and sry for my bad english!

Quote Originally Posted by 1881 View Post

I use the Raidbots/PWN combo to determine stat weights and used the IcyVeins guide as a basic ressource.

Hello,

There are some reasons with your parses popping low.

First of all, I don't know where did you get that talent suggestion, but never use that guide again. You have warcraftlogs! Check top Demon Hunters for each bosses. For Heroic, generally people are using Blind Fury, Immolation Aura, Trial of Ruin, First Blood and Demonic. You can use Fel Barrage due to tactics of your raid leader is using especially on Mother, Zek'vos and Zul fights.

Secondly sim yourself a lot. Check top Demon Hunters from logs again their stats. I am using Crit Versa with a lot weight on Versa. I am kind of happy.

Thirdly, I am still thinking that ILVL parses not good to analyze anything. There is different item combinations can happen. If your trinkets and Weapons are high other one is low, it's changes a lot. Moreover to that, i am pretty sure that 365 Demon Hunter alt on Mythic raid guild who joined Mains' Heroic run or powerful zerg runs obviously will do more more DPS than you. For example, your Vectis fight ended with 3 Liquefy, generally it will end with 2. On zerg runs its 1. It means a lot on DPS.

Last of all, learn a lot. Watch streams, watch replays from logs. Master your class. Master boss fights. Get used to encounter so you can cheese DPS or feel comfortable about fight so you can know your timings.

Good Luck !

just not hitting sims dont know issue help please

Wow Armory worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/Blindangel
    logs warcraftlogs.com/reports/DwP8pf23gJMGKtXh#type=damage-done&fight=14&source=76
    just seem to be falling well short of dps sims
    cant post links yet

Hello all,

I rerolled to Demon hunter this raid and noticed I was mostly seeing my dps is average... (logging even pretty low on some fights).

The only thing I kinda keep in mind is the following:

When pulling:
    1. 5 sec prepull cast immolation aura
    1 sec prepull: potion
    in fight: jump in with meta
    1 generate spell to get 30+ energy for eye beam > continue normal rotation

Normal rotation:
    1. Eye beam on CD (delay it, if adds/more targets are coming in 5 sec)
    2. Sweep on CD
    3. Immo aura on CD
    4. Keep energy around 30 (to recast eye beam + max benefit from eye beam + talent)

Thats pretty much what I do now in my rotation.

So I'm not sure this is wrong or something

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...moon/Skellejuk

Wow log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Some fights I died.. I know staying alive is the best DPS increase :P

Quote Originally Posted by Butser View Post

I rerolled to Demon hunter this raid and noticed I was mostly seeing my dps is average... (logging even pretty low on some fights).
    The only thing I spotted at a quick glance was that your Death Sweep damage and number of casts are low compared to the other DH (and my own logs).

You should make sure that your Blade Dance comes from cooldown when you finish channeling Eye Beam. This way you can fit two Death Sweeps into your Demonic procs. Obviously you should try to cleave both bosses on Jadefire Masters whenever possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sim at around 21k(raidbots)but never really hit that. What could I be doing better? Thanks for the help.

Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Obviously I’m the DH.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes