Thread: MW macro help?

MW macro help?

Ugh - back again!

darn blizzard. Only gives us 255 characters for a macro. If they made the darn icons switch properly between all talents in a tier, i wouldnt need it!

So the tier 1 mw talents chi burst/zen pulse/mistwalk

First thing I need is the macro to change via changing the talent which is accomplished ala

#showtooltip [talent:1/1] Chi Burst; [talent:1/2] Zen Pulse; [talent:1/3] Mistwalk

the second part, the cast part, i need to function as a mouseover AND as a targeted macro. This is accomplished via

/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead] @Player]Chi Burst
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead] @Player]Zen Pulse
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead] @Player]Mistwalk

Easy peasy except it stops me short of the final cast due to hitting the 255 wall. Any way to shorten this and still make it accomplish what I want? Clique would have been my go to except two things. A) a macro made in clique wont accept the talent changing conditional as best i can tell, and also its either mouseover, or target - cant have both.

Nonetheless, most tiers have at least one passive so i havent ran into this until just now.

thanks team!

- - - Updated - - -

to be honest, mouseover on the unitframes themselves would be adequate and able to be accomplished via clique. still - unfortunately that still leaves me without a means to get the icon changing properly.

what a few more macro slots and a few more characters allowed would do blizz, years overdue!

- - - Updated - - -

seems i got it rectified by taking out the @Player. A) those spells cant be cast on myself anyhow, and B) I could just use my unitframe if absolutely necessary. Even more, self cast modifier in interface options may be an aid in this case.

Unless you guys can come up with a better idea/option that'll still afford @Player in there? Or if it sounds like im barking up the right tree?

You don't need the nodeads in there. Nodead is more for targeting macros than cast ones. Chi burst is not targeted at all, and doesn't need/can't use any conditionals, would save you some character space,

This would do what you want:

#showtooltip [talent:1/1]Chi Burst;[talent:1/2]Zen Pulse;[talent:1/3]Mistwalk
    /cast Chi Burst
    /cast [@mouseover,help][help][@Player]Zen Pulse
    /cast [@mouseover,help][help]Mistwalk
    Last edited by PinDrop; 2016-08-18 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PinDrop View Post
    You don't need the nodeads in there. Nodead is more for targeting macros than cast ones. Chi burst is not targeted at all, and doesn't need/can't use any conditionals, would save you some character space,

This would do what you want:

#showtooltip [talent:1/1]Chi Burst;[talent:1/2]Zen Pulse;[talent:1/3]Mistwalk
    /cast Chi Burst
    /cast [@mouseover,help][help][@Player]Zen Pulse
    /cast [@mouseover,help][help]Mistwalk
    thank you! I reckon pretty soon its time for me to dive into a macro tutorial so instead of copy/pasting bits and pieces and picking stuff up along the way I can understand how it works and save myself the googling and posts like these :P

do appreciate it

Deleted
    Does mouseover even work with chi burst?

7+ Year Old Account
    No, that's why if you look at the macro itself there is no at mouseover in front of it.

also, +1 from me too, that's a nice macro to have