Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Patch 7.0.3 Hotfixes - August 16, Invasion XP Hotfixed, Pre-Expansion Quests Live

Warforged Invasion Armor, Event Changes, Shadow Dance, Blue Posts, Tweets, WowCraft

Patch 7.0.3 Hotfixes - August 16
    Invasions now give less experience per invasion, but more invasions are up at once and they spawn more frequently.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • The maximum duration of Bone Chilling is now 8 seconds (was 6 seconds).
    • Bone Shield now reduces damage taken by 16% (was 20%).
    • Tremble Before Me's chance to fear now ramps up slightly slower.
    • Red Thirst now reduces Vampiric Blood's cooldown by 1 second per 6 Runic Power spent (was 2 seconds per 20).
    • Heart Strike damage reduced by 20%, but PvP mult removed (net increase of 7% in PvP).

Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Demon Hunters can now gain reputation with Pearlfin Jinyu and Black Prince.
    • Throw Glaive now deals the same damage to players as it does to NPCs for all Demon Hunters.
    • Soul Cleave healing increased by 22%.
    • Fel Blood (Mastery) now increases the physical damage reduction granted by Demon Spikes by 12% (was 8%), further increased by Mastery (always 1.5x as much as before).
    • Soul Carver now has a 40 sec cooldown (was 60 sec).
    • Demon Hunters should be able to loot Pandaria world bosses.

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Maul damage increased by 23%.

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Mongoose Bite duration now 14 seconds (was 12 seconds).
    • Survival Hunters’ companions now gain twice the benefit from Mastery.

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Flurry mana cost reduced by 75%.

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Special Delivery now has a chance to crit when doing damage.

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Light of the Protector and Hand of the Protector now heal for 35% of missing health (was 25%).
    • Bulwark of Order now grants an absorb for 40% of the damage done (was 20%).

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Surrender to Madness now provides +150% Insanity (was +200%).

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Fixed an issue where using Pick Pocket could cause you to enter combat.

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Rainfall now heals for 50% of Spell Power (was 25%).

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Incinerate damage increased to 190% of Spell Power (was 170%).
    • Immolate no longer has a chance to generate a shard on its direct damage.

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Never Surrender now increases Ignore Pain absorption by up to 75% (was 100%).
    • Revenge damage reduced by 20%.
    • Dragon Scales now increases Ignore Pain absorption by 40% (was 60%).

Event
    • Invasion frequency has been increased, and XP awarded for completing an invasion has been reduced.
    • Demon Invasion reward armor now has a small chance to be Warforged.
    • The Captive Wyrmtongue vendor should once again offer the Glaive of the Fallen to all classes.

Quests
    • The item Gods and Monsters has been restored to its proper function, and will now be sent to players who complete the Gods and Monsters Achievement, allowing them to start the quest “Gods and Monsters”.

Invasion Experience Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    We see that this has been noticed already, but for more clarity - the frequency of invasions has been tripled, and you will have more invasions to participate in throughout the day. To compensate for this, we have reduced XP awarded for each individual invasion.

Remember that as we move closer to the launch of Legion, you can expect an increased Legion presence in both numbers and cadence as their invasion grows stronger.

See you on the battlefield!

Pre-Expansion Quests Live
    Most of the pre-expansion quest chain is now live!

Last edited by chaud; 2016-08-16 at 06:27 PM.

are the ulduar/khara quests intended to be live in the EU atm?

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    are the ulduar/khara quests intended to be live in the EU atm?
    They are now

i see that just wasnt sure if it was a blip by blizz or not

Far far far far too much of a nerf on the xp for the invasions. Went from "hell yeah this is great!" to why am I even bothering...

Deleted
    no voice acting

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    You posted the original 16th hotfixes. The new hotfixes have been updated with more info.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adain878 View Post
    Far far far far too much of a nerf on the xp for the invasions. Went from "hell yeah this is great!" to why am I even bothering...
    you get 6 invasions every 4 hours now instead of just 2. The exp might have been nerfed but because you can do more total, its an increase to the exp gained every 4 hours.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

God damn! Such an amazing gaming mouse....

15+ Year Old Account
    Soooo does anyone know? How many invasion zones are up at a time now, and how often do they reset? (I'm at work and tried to do the math of 2 zones every 4 hours being "tripled" per the blue quote, but my brain started sobbing and crawled into my trash can.)

Edit: Thanks Narshe.
    Last edited by Dawnseven; 2016-08-16 at 06:52 PM.

Deleted
    Are invasions still worth it for leveling then?

Quote Originally Posted by RisingEU View Post
    Kind of wondering that - because while it was working it was glorious.

Currently, no.

Maybe if Blizzard reverts the changes after seeing how much people are complaining...

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    you get 6 invasions every 4 hours now instead of just 2. The exp might have been nerfed but because you can do more total, its an increase to the exp gained every 4 hours.
    This feels like going from making a decent wage to having your pay cut to minimum wage. Then being told that your hours have tripled so really you are making more than you ever were.

Deleted
    That xp nerf is very harsh, for example for first stage, at level 92, I got 14 k exp, for second 28 and third 21k, for last 40k, while I used to get 55k for stages 1-3 and almost 90k for final boss. Nerf is ridiculous and doing invasions for leveling, at least at higher level, is pointless.

The quest chain is bugged. When you hand in the book, you don't get the next quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsey View Post
    This feels like going from making a decent wage to having your pay cut to minimum wage. Then being told that your hours have tripled so really you are making more than you ever were.
    completely agree, just did one invasion on my 64 wlock... where i used to get 1/2 lvls for one invasion i now got 35% xp... it doesnt take a shorter time to do an invasion so i cant be f*cked to do all of them for this amount of xp. hope blizz turns it back

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsey View Post

YES. This cuts to the heart of it. I was loving the invasions because I was hoping to get 2-3 classes up to 100 so I could enjoy a variety of the new class-based content. At the previous amounts, I could do it once or twice a day with two toons, get them 3 levels each, and carry on. They might be offering more, but I can't sit at my compy more. So, my pay was reduced to minimum wage, but I still can only do the same hours in a day. Major net loss, and very frustrating.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So what's left of the chain after this? I want more.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd also add that the addition of more invasions doesn't help lower level toons very much, since getting around takes far too long without flying. Also in many cases for lowbie toons the invasions are in zones that are too high to get to unless a friend flies you there (which doesn't happen often). For example for lowbie Alliance Westfall or Dun Murogh is easy, but gl getting to Tanaris and a 20's toon on Horde or Alliance without a lot of work. So because of those things, more invasions does not offset cutting xp from them to less than half what they were.