Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    I'm usually the first to complain when my needs aren't met when it comes to customer service. I'm not one of those people who expect people to get on their knees and suck my cack when I walk in the store--Trust me, I get it because my resume is full of customer service jobs, professional and shit.

But I DO expect my demands and issues to be taken at least modestly seriously. I expect a person who acts like a non dismissive, non patronizing, and non condescending dick. I expect someone who knows their shit and has my best interests in mind.

I went into Boost Mobile today to get my phone repaired for the same issue it had months ago. I was met with someone who didn't meet any of my modest expectations. I made a comment about how he wasn't getting paid enough and went to a new cellphone provider on the spot.

That comment got me thinking though, is shit service at these places because employees don't get paid enough? Even more, how much am I willing to pay for good customer service?

After some thought, I figured that I'd be willing to pay a pretty high premium for it.

What about you guys? If it meant high quality customer service for something, how much would YOU be willing to pay to make that a reality?
    The problem with customer service staff is they get asked so many retarded questions its starting to get frustrating at a certain point.
    And theres a good reason for that: Smart people will find the answer on the internet. The people too dumb to google something as simple as "how to tie a shoe" are the ones that make up the majority that call customer service. In my personal experience (both professional and private) I have to conclude the ammount of patronizing and condescending behaviour a CS shows, goes hand in hand with the stupidity of the question asked.

If you have a small business customer service is a lot easier because keeping the customers happy means more money in your pocket. If you're a working stiff in a customer service position it has to suck at times, it's hard to see the big picture. People in customer service seem to cope by making fun of the customers with their customer service coworkers.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeemonk View Post
    My wife likes to argue with me over it, but when I go out to eat at a sit-down place, if the service warrants it I usually leave a nice tip. I wont ever use a tipping app or break out a calculator but if I spend $25 on some food and my server was pretty chill, they are getting at least $7 from me.
    Yep.
    $7 at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Yes, but how much should I tip?
    Insert the whole tip.

I chill at Hooters for 2-3 hours, my server sits and chats with me for 45-60 minutes of it usually, she'll end up with a 20 spot from me. Half the time, if it's shift change, she'll stick around to have a drink or 3 with me, or we had out somewhere else for the drinks. Unless things really take a shit from there, we establish a routine for a couple months. Or unless I find a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

If I don't get good service I leave.

I am not paying extra for the bare minimum they should be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    I'm usually the first to complain when my needs aren't met when it comes to customer service. I'm not one of those people who expect people to get on their knees and suck my cack when I walk in the store--Trust me, I get it because my resume is full of customer service jobs, professional and shit.

But I DO expect my demands and issues to be taken at least modestly seriously. I expect a person who acts like a non dismissive, non patronizing, and non condescending dick. I expect someone who knows their shit and has my best interests in mind.

I went into Boost Mobile today to get my phone repaired for the same issue it had months ago. I was met with someone who didn't meet any of my modest expectations. I made a comment about how he wasn't getting paid enough and went to a new cellphone provider on the spot.

That comment got me thinking though, is shit service at these places because employees don't get paid enough? Even more, how much am I willing to pay for good customer service?

After some thought, I figured that I'd be willing to pay a pretty high premium for it.

What about you guys? If it meant high quality customer service for something, how much would YOU be willing to pay to make that a reality?
    It shouldnt be a pay issue. They are paid to do a job and damn well should be doing it. If they feel they arent being paid enough then they should ask for a raise or find a new job, not dick over the customers and do shitty work. Nobody conscripted them to work there. I have no problem spending a lot of money on good products.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It shouldnt be a pay issue. They are paid to do a job and damn well should be doing it. If they feel they arent being paid enough then they should ask for a raise or find a new job, not dick over the customers and do shitty work. Nobody conscripted them to work there. I have no problem spending a lot of money on good products.
    I agree with this. It is not a matter how much something costs. I expect good customer service no matter if I buy a $3000 TV from Best Buy or a bottle of water from Walmart.

This is absolutely correct. No matter what someone is paid, they are paid to do a job. From my own experience I can tell you that I will always treat customers like they are people rather than "just another customer" because it is a reflection on me. It's a matter of personal satisfaction for me. I always feel better about myself knowing that I helped someone the best I could instead of treating them like another number on the P&L reports.

10+ Year Old Account
    That moment when I agree with Orlong... I'm having an extreme form of cognitive dissonance. :/

But yeah. If they value their job, they should do it well. And if they don't, then the employer should replace them with someone who does. It is a good thing to send complaints, not because you are entitled to it, but because long-term it will lead to a better customer service.

---

I am pretty ascetic in this regard though. As long as the product I'm getting is what I want, I can put up with almost any quality of service. Well, unless they are acting like outright jerks and berate me, instead of spending this time providing me with service: then, the magic phrase "Lemme talk to the manager" comes in handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    That moment when I agree with Orlong... I'm having an extreme form of cognitive dissonance. :/

But yeah. If they value their job, they should do it well. And if they don't, then the employer should replace them with someone who does. It is a good thing to send complaints, not because you are entitled to it, but because long-term it will lead to a better customer service.

---

I am pretty ascetic in this regard though. As long as the product I'm getting is what I want, I can put up with almost any quality of service. Well, unless they are acting like outright jerks and berate me, instead of spending this time providing me with service: then, the magic phrase "Lemme talk to the manager" comes in handy.
    "If they value their job" is the sticking point. There are so many jobs out there that are interchangeable in value to the worker that just aren't worth the hassle. People bounce from one to the next pretty constantly and getting fired from the last job won't impact hiring in the next. Anyone who works two hours to buy one pizza with no real hope for advancement isn't going to waste energy doing the job well. And in a couple of years that job won't even show up on their resume.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm not willing to pay anything. I don't need good service, I only care about quality of the product.
    One could argue that service is a product in and of itself, and good service > bad service.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.