Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why do some stoners...

Insist on announcing whenever they're high or about to get high? I don't care if you smoke weed but I don't need to know everytime you're high... I don't announce everytime I am having a drink or drunk nor do I care if somebody is getting pissed. Just seems alien to me to constantly drum on about your recreational drug habits

Deleted
    I dunno.

Why do you have stoners/junkies in your social circle to begin with?

Dunno but yeah it's annoying, think it's mostly young people doing that, i never tell anyone when i smoke and it's almost daily when i get home from work, just a nice way to relax.

Also in before you are telling it now

I imagine it's for the same reason(s) you see some of the following

- A parent bringing up their child's latest accomplishment regardless of the topic of conversation
    - A person who doesn't eat {x} bringing their dietary lifestyle up all the time
    - A person who constantly brings the topic back to {y} because they are obsessed
    - That friend who always announces they are about to go take a dump

... People are weird and do odd things for a multitude of reasons. Trying to logic your way through to a single cause is futile.

Because drug users are weak pathetic people.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

/420chars!

Edit: People who take pictures of their food are worse.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I may be weak and pathetic but how dare you call me people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

I always assumed they think it makes them cool.

None i know act that way. Course people i know arent immature or young seeking attention.

Been a while since I saw an anti-pot adamshadow post, but he's not against weed or anything.

Inexperienced tokers tend to tell you everytime they have a smoke. Just tell them to stfu about it, or stop hanging around potheads/kids.

Deleted
    It is polite to inform people when you are high so that they do not expect much from you mentally, it sets the expectations. As far as announcing you are going to get high is an indirect invitation, because some people get insulted if you ask them "Do you want to get high?".

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Damn, I should put down this advil.

People announce all kinds of odd things. Like if I'm talking to someone online and I need to go grocery shopping or going to grab lunch I'll tell them I need to go do that.

Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    I imagine it's for the same reason(s) you see some of the following

- A parent bringing up their child's latest accomplishment regardless of the topic of conversation
    - A person who doesn't eat {x} bringing their dietary lifestyle up all the time
    - A person who constantly brings the topic back to {y} because they are obsessed
    - That friend who always announces they are about to go take a dump

... People are weird and do odd things for a multitude of reasons. Trying to logic your way through to a single cause is futile.
    That seems to be pretty much it. There's also the off hand chance that the person either thinks you'd be happy for them, or interested in joining them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do LGBT people say they're LGBT?
    Why do vegans say they're vegan?
    Why do gamer girls say they're gamer girls?

The list goes on, however the reason is pretty much the same for all of them.

I don't know. Why do some homosexuals have to blatantly broadcast their sexuality 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by Desraider View Post
    It is polite to inform people when you are high so that they do not expect much from you mentally, it sets the expectations. As far as announcing you are going to get high is an indirect invitation, because some people get insulted if you ask them "Do you want to get high?".

Damn, I should put down this advil.
    Harmful to liver and stomach, so probably yes.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

They like being associated with something that they think is cool or trendy, when usually that fad has already faded. Like, it's not cool to smoke or be gay anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

probably just want some attention so they bring up whatever pops up in their heads first. and if that's what they're doing at the time it seems likely that would be the topic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickyick79 View Post
    Been a while since I saw an anti-pot adamshadow post, but he's not against weed or anything.

Inexperienced tokers tend to tell you everytime they have a smoke. Just tell them to stfu about it, or stop hanging around potheads/kids.
    I aren't anti-pot, i'm anti misinformation that a % of users online that believe weed has no negatives. Wanna smoke pot, bravo just don't spread misinformation about it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Insist on announcing whenever they're high or about to get high? I don't care if you smoke weed but I don't need to know everytime you're high... I don't announce everytime I am having a drink or drunk nor do I care if somebody is getting pissed. Just seems alien to me to constantly drum on about your recreational drug habits
    Much like anyone who feels the need to brag about anything else they're doing: because they think they're doing something cool that needs attention.

Why do LGBT people say they're LGBT?
    Why do vegans say they're vegan?
    Why do gamer girls say they're gamer girls?

The list goes on, however the reason is pretty much the same for all of them.
    This. And the reason is attention deprivation. All of them are hurting their cause though.