Poll: Does Baylor deserve the NCAA death penalty?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    When people talk about the wealthy being accountable it goes nowhere.

When people talk about actually skilled and talented people who are trained to perform professionally, bombs actually drop on perpetrators.

Thank the Lord I didn't waste my time becoming something and hoover up cash almost half as well as a whore.

If the USA doesn't treat its atheletes as "better" than the average American, how are they going to get such a haul of medals at the olympics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Im pretty sure that if trading memorabilia for tattoos or taking 20 bucks from a booster is against regs, systemic covering up of rape is also.
    What NCAA regulation covers that? The examples you cited are violations of NCAA regulations. The NCAA overreached, and had to retreat and looked silly in the Penn State case. There's no way they're going to go through that again.

The NCAA is not, and shouldn't, be law enforcement nor morality police.
    Last edited by Merkava; 2016-08-21 at 11:06 AM.

I think campus police needs to be revamped. To my knowledge , in Texas you need to be police trained or a peace officer. So same rules apply to them as cops.

Campus administration should have very little say in "police" matters. And the fact that universities use them as a private force that pushes their agenda (be it bullshit rape claims or actual cases where they ignore it) it's fucking wrong.

Their police force needs to be dismantled and replaced with actual cops or new hires , and the university needs to be heavily sanctioned. This shouldn't be a sports related issue. The fact that the punishment is still hinged on sports is fucking stupid. People need to be fired for this. The sports part comes later.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    What NCAA regulation covers that? The examples you cited are violations of NCAA regulations. The NCAA overreached, and had to retreat and looked silly in the Penn State case. There's no way they're going to go through that again.

The NCAA is not, and shouldn't, be law enforcement nor morality police.
    As far as I can tell: none. All their ethical violation crap just revolves around recruiting violations, helping kids stay eligible when they shouldn't be, and not playing in a tourney under an assumed name...

(a) Refusal to furnish information relevant to an investigation of a possible violation of an NCAA regulation when requested to
    do so by the NCAA or the individual's institution;
    (b) Knowing involvement in arranging for fraudulent academic credit or false transcripts for a prospective or an enrolled studentathlete;
    (c) Knowing involvement in offering or providing a prospective or an enrolled student-athlete an improper inducement or extra
    benefit or improper financial aid;
    (d) Knowingly furnishing the NCAA or the individual's institution false or misleading information concerning the individual's
    involvement in or knowledge of matters relevant to a possible violation of an NCAA regulation;
    (e) Receipt of benefits by an institutional staff member for facilitating or arranging a meeting between a student-athlete and an
    agent, financial advisor or a representative of an agent or advisor (e.g., "runner
    (f) Knowing involvement in providing a banned substance or impermissible supplement to student-athletes, or knowingly
    providing medications to student-athletes contrary to medical licensure, commonly accepted standards of care in sports medicine
    practice, or state and federal law;
    (g) Failure to provide complete and accurate information to the NCAA or institution's admissions office regarding an
    individual's academic record (e.g., schools attended, completion of coursework, grades and test scores); (Adopted: 4/27/06)
    (h) Fraudulence or misconduct in connection with entrance or placement examinations; or
    (i) Engaging in any athletics competition under an assumed name or with intent to otherwise deceive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I think the allegation that they are ignoring sexual assault victims is a much biggest topic than some fucking worthless sport, no?

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    No. It was only for a few years.

What makes you so sure?
    Nothing, I was vaguely aware that they weren't punished and I was incorrect.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"