Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

DH ability to fly

I have just caught up with all the blue poster news. I'm veeeeery much dissapointed that they do not plan to give us wings mount even when flying will be available.

I think, probably just like many of you, us, that it would be actually amazing to be able to do it. It fits class fantasy and what is mor eimportant

IT IS JUST SUUUUUCH A COOL FEATURE

don't forget to look here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ives-good-idea - more variety is always good!

First of all, no. The Illidari use Felbats as flying vehicles. Not thier wings. Afaik only Illidan was a natural flyer.
    Second: You are really linking your own Thread?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    what class fantasy? DH do not fly .. they jump high and glide or have u ever saw Illidan or any Illidari in a cinematic or so fly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    what class fantasy? DH do not fly .. they jump high and glide or have u ever saw Illidan or any Illidari in a cinematic or so fly?
    Illidan is capable of flying in the novel though it's not emphasized much.

I don't think giving DHs flight would be a problem regarding the fantasy; in fact I think it could be quite cool - and after all we already have worgen run form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    First of all, no. The Illidari use Felbats as flying vehicles. Not thier wings. Afaik only Illidan was a natural flyer.
    Felbats do not make their own wings obselete. In fact it would be aaa sooooper cool alternative. They can very well add some short quest where you strengthen your wings by consuming xxxxxx souls of felbats or something. WOULD BE EPIC

ah and you know, good ideas deserv some linkage :-PPPP

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post

I don't think giving DHs flight would be a problem regarding the fantasy; in fact I think it could be quite cool - and after all we already have worgen run form.
    blizzard said even illidan cant fly. he hovers, because he is far stronger than a normal demon hunter.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    yeysyeysyeys

you understand it the best!!! you will be my new friend!!!!

COOOOOOOL is what we need! and it would be cool as ffff!!1 worgen are exactly a good comparison. Fly we must!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    blizzard said even illidan cant fly. he hovers, because he is far stronger than a normal demon hunter.
    they said he is a lil bit stronger than Illidari, but you kno, one simple quest would fix it or some lore background. Like in the joke made by female dh about succubi. We would consume some flying beasts and bammm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    good ideas
    That's very much subjective!

...as is the coolness of DHs flying with their own wings. Personaly I think it would look ridiculous!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    yeysyeysyeys

you understand it the best!!! you will be my new friend!!!!

COOOOOOOL is what we need! and it would be cool as ffff!!1 worgen are exactly a good comparison. Fly we must!

- - - Updated - - -

they said he is a lil bit stronger than Illidari, but you kno, one simple quest would fix it or some lore background. Like in the joke made by female dh about succubi. We would consume some flying beasts and bammm
    No we don't need to fly. as previous person stated Illidan can't fly and he hovers and he is waaaaay more powerful than us

Demon locks were asking for it for a long time, in the end they not only were not given wing mounts, they also had their demon form completely removed.
    So yeah be careful with what you're asking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was kinda disappointed myself when I saw that we won't get flying wings mount

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    No we don't need to fly. as previous person stated Illidan can't fly and he hovers and he is waaaaay more powerful than us
    Tbh if monks can fly due to their elevated state of consciousness, demon hunters might as well be able to as well though. Illidan also flies in the animated short shown during the starting experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Demon locks were asking for it for a long time, in the end they not only were not given wing mounts, they also had their demon form completely removed.
    So yeah be careful with what you're asking for.
    You mean the demonform they stole from Demon Hunters in WC3?

we don't have our wings out all of the time as illidan does...so we won't be natural flyers like him. he consumed the powers of the skull of guldan a few centuries after sargeras himself gave him his demon hunter powers...we consumed some plain demons for our powers. he's a much bigger BAMF than we are and i don't even think he can actually fly for a long peroid of time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    That's very much subjective!

...as is the coolness of DHs flying with their own wings. Personaly I think it would look ridiculous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    strength does not translate into specific abilities. like in legacy of kain, raziel was the first one to learn flight. we could simply focus on different aspects of demonhood than Illidan. it is not as if strength = better mountain running, some demon hunters could have get cloves or whatever

also, this is serious question,w hat kind of a player says no to optional cool feature for their class? like really? it would be beastly overcool and you say no? I don't know is it some sort of rebel phase on forum, I don't get it

You could always go Engineering, and use a gnomish gravity well, then glide wherever you want to go! That's what I'm doing now, and it's pretty funny!

Deleted
    also, this is serious question,w hat kind of a player says no to optional cool feature for their class? like really? it would be beastly overcool and you say no? I don't know is it some sort of rebel phase on forum, I don't get it
    In your mind it's cool, in my mind it's not. Also, would you prefer if the art and programming departements wasted time on balancing DH flying instead of other things in Legion? Don't act like you voice everybodys opinions in this matter.

Probably because not everybody agrees with you about what would be... beastly overcool. Wanting more than what you're given is certainly more rebellious than being happy with what you have.

In your mind it's cool, in my mind it's not. Also, would you prefer if the art and programming departements wasted time on balancing DH flying instead of other things in Legion? Don't act like you voice everybodys opinions in this matter.
    What balancing DH flying would need? we already have druids with instant flightforms.... DH flying could work the same way and it wouldnt break the game, since druids havent broken it yet.

I dont really care if demonhunters can fly or not... would be cool if they could hover tho. Theres no such thing as a balancing issue in flying mounts... heck remove the things and we can talk about balanced world pvp... but other than that, druid flightform is the most op flying mount in the game right now... i highly doubt DH wings would be any different.

Deleted
    exxxcuuuseee meee? balance flying? it would not take long to make wings flap, reallyyyyy
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Probably because not everybody agrees with you about what would be... beastly overcool. Wanting more than what you're given is certainly more rebellious than being happy with what you have.
    but it is beastly overvool, just admit it, come onn! nooooo, wanting more is fine! come on, admit it, you love the idea, I love it, you must love it too, at least a little bit. beautiful wings and you flyyyyyy. admittt