Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    So what does Canada do? They should be prepared.
    The only people that say that and could actually do it are rich white celebrity democrats. I have a feeling Canada will be just fine accepting loads of those. But once they realize the career of a Canadian celebrity is extremely limited, they will be right back to US.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    The only people that say that and could actually do it are rich white celebrity democrats. I have a feeling Canada will be just fine accepting loads of those. But once they realize the career of a Canadian celebrity is extremely limited, they will be right back to US.
    Lmfao.

It's actually not that hard to meet the requirements to live/work there, the points system is pretty generous. You get bonus points for written/verbal French and a graduate degree, also some other things.

Now granted if half of the US wanted to move there, then yes it would be more difficult to actually move there. Unless we all wanted to go the mail-order bride route.

*bats eyelashes coquettishly*

So what does Canada do? They should be prepared.
    Clearly they should spend billions of dollars building a wall, because China taught us that walls are impenetrable and we certainly can't burrow under walls or get on an airplane or anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Clearly they should spend billions of dollars building a wall, because China taught us that walls are impenetrable and we certainly can't burrow under walls or get on an airplane or anything.
    I don't think tennis will let this happen. He is well known for taking serious action whenever big stuff could happen.

I don't think tennis will let this happen. He is well known for taking serious action whenever big stuff could happen.
    Tenn loves refugees. He will find a way to save us all. Tenn 2020

I don't think we can all fit that close to the border tho. Somebody gonna have to move into the frozen north. As a Draenei, I don't think celista will make it.

I guess you don't get a 17k post count without relaying some bullshit story from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am surprised they were not all fined for littering the Canadian beaches.....

If a bunch of Americans washed up on some Mexican beach it would be much more of an incident.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Time to build a dam I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread makes me smile.

OT: Good on you though Canada. Sounds like your Coast Guard kicked ass and preformed their job well.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Canada's wall just got 10 feet higher. Sorry.

OH GOD! They didn't shoot anyone did they? Always a chance a mass shooter is hiding among them.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    They were floating on the river and the wind blew them over there.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ca...-idUSKCN10X216

About 1,500 Americans floating down a river that separates the United States from Canada had to be rescued from the water when strong rains and winds sent them illegally into Canadian territory, the country's coast guard said on Monday.

The Americans were taking part in the annual Port Huron Float Down on Sunday in the St. Clair River, which runs between the U.S. state of Michigan and the Canadian province of Ontario.

The winds blew the flotilla of inflatable rafts and inner tubes off course and toward the Canadian shore. Some rafts deflated, spurring a rescue effort by the Canadian Coast Guard as well as federal and provincial police, coast guard spokeswoman Carol Launderville said in an email.

Most "floaters" had to be rescued from the water, with many towed to shore, according to the coast guard.
    "They were terrified of entering another country without documentation. No one carries their passport or any ID, and a lot were drinking alcohol," Peter Garapick, superintendent of search and rescue for the coast guard, told CBC television.
    Some tried to swim back to the United States.

"We had to pull a lot of people out of the water and say 'no,'" Garapick said.

The Americans were gathered at Sarnia, Ontario, and bussed back to the United States by the city's public transit.

Sarnia police did not say whether anyone was charged in the incident and there were only minor injuries reported.

Launderville said the event has no official organizer and poses "significant and unusual hazards" due to the river's fast-moving current and participants' lack of life jackets.

A Facebook page for the event, which dates back more than 30 years in the city of Port Huron, west of the border from Sarnia, made a post Sunday night thanking Canadian authorities.

"You've shown us true kindness and what it means to be amazing neighbors!" the post read.

The Facebook page appears to be operated by a group named Port Huron Float Down, which says on its website it is not an organizer. The page's operators did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
    Yeah, the difference is it was an accident and they can't wait to get back to the US which is richer then Canada and the bulk of the country isn't a massive Popsicle. I've been to Canada, nice place, nice people, but I was glad to be back home in FL where the temperature wasn't -40 degrees.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lmfao.

It's actually not that hard to meet the requirements to live/work there, the points system is pretty generous. You get bonus points for written/verbal French and a graduate degree, also some other things.

Now granted if half of the US wanted to move there, then yes it would be more difficult to actually move there. Unless we all wanted to go the mail-order bride route.

*bats eyelashes coquettishly*

It must be nice not sharing a southern border with a 3rd world country that sneaks in massive amounts of drugs, weapons, criminal elements, and tens of thousands of people that aren't even supposed to be there, huh? Maybe when thousands of YOUR civilians get raped, murdered, beaten, or kidnapped you MIGHT just sing a different tune- but until then you can continue to pretend to be morally superior since you don't face any of those problems in that majority frozen wasteland with 90% of your population huddled along our border. Enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    seems like canada should build a wall ... they were clearly trying to escape us and take the jobs from canadians -_-

- - - Updated - - -

not really though .... you already did in the years 1500-1900 and stole the land from native americans -_-
    Funny thing is that Canada has more jobs then people qualified to fill them. When I went to visit Canada for a few months (step mom is canadian) the border guards told me if I were ever caught working in Canada that the government would arrest and deport me....buuuuuut let's not talk about that, right?

Heartwarming story, but I fail to see the point. Is this an attempt to bash America for wanting to secure our borders?

The people got knocked off course and ended up in Canada. most if not all wanted to get back to the US immediately. They didn't want to enter illegally and take advantage of the native population.

Even then, if these people were considered "illegal immigrants", then what happened to them? Oh yeah. They were all deported. So we should look towards Canada's policy on illegals and deport them all? Interesting..

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    It must be nice not sharing a southern border with a 3rd world country that sneaks in massive amounts of drugs, weapons, criminal elements, and tens of thousands of people that aren't even supposed to be there, huh? Maybe when thousands of YOUR civilians get raped, murdered, beaten, or kidnapped you MIGHT just sing a different tune- but until then you can continue to pretend to be morally superior since you don't face any of those problems in that majority frozen wasteland with 90% of your population huddled along our border. Enjoy.
    Funny considering most of our drugs and illegal weapons come from the US....
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

What, no one has complained about an invasion of possible terrorists yet? Or does that only work when people outside the west cross borders?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    What, no one has complained about an invasion of possible terrorists yet? Or does that only work when people outside the west cross borders?
    What's the point in complaining? They wanted to go home right away and apparently Canada is a lot tougher on people illegally crossing the border than the USA since they caught them immediately.

Did you not look at the picture? All fat white trash looking people. Fat white trash Americans aren't exactly known to be terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    For the first time, we Americans find out what it is like to travel here in boats...
    Save for those Pilgrim folks,The Spanish,Founding fathers,Portuguese...pretty much anyone who came here before the 40's , etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Drunk,1/2 naked floating in a tube/raft.
    Most terrifying invading force known to man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Did you not look at the picture? All fat white trash looking people. Fat white trash Americans aren't exactly known to be terrorists.
    You sir have obviously never been next to them in a buffet line,or 2 for 1 beer night!
    Cat 5 Hurricanes have nothing on them!

Glad I was behind the trees when that pic was taken,beer and rough chop raises hell on the guts

I mean even if they did stay in Canada they would actually work and not just sit by and collect their welfare.