This is probably silly but Mastery: Absolution 1.4% to 1.5%?

What are they talking about? In Aug. 22nd patch they said that Mastery: Absolution for disc priest changed from 1.4% to 1.5% per point. What 1.4%? I never saw a 1.4% before? DId I miss something obvious?

Because Blizzard for the greater good of dumb players decided to "simplify" mastery tooltips. Behing the scene there are still mastery points.

Baseline at 78 every class gets 8 Mastrery Points - which multiplied by 1.5% per point for disc would result in 12% Mastery.
    Whatever rating you need for 1% crit is always needed for 1 point of Mastery.

Raised a 0.1% omg hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Franarok View Post
    Raised a 0.1% omg hahaha
    Does it help to look at it as raised by ~7%?
    Last edited by lcs; 2016-08-23 at 09:00 PM.

While I agree that an 0.1% buff doesn't seem like much, and probably won't change anything, but considering that in raiding, mastery was only just behind versatility, its possible this might be enough to make it pull ahead as our 3rd best stat...?
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Deleted
    You're going to have some mastery anyway, unavoidable so really it's just a minor buff. I don't expect to see it drastically change much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    While I agree that an 0.1% buff doesn't seem like much, and probably won't change anything, but considering that in raiding, mastery was only just behind versatility, its possible this might be enough to make it pull ahead as our 3rd best stat...?
    1.5%-1.4% = 0.1%?! Cmon. Thats not how math works.

However, I would actually say that, given a raid environment and only looking on healing, mastery should be easily en par with crit. Atonement accounts for about 70% of our healing in raids. And as long as you don't subjectively value the spot utility of SM/PW:S too high, mastery provides the same healing increase as crit. Even more so: It increases your wombo-combo burstheal by 50% more than crit does (in expected values ofc.). Now this is, at this point, just some napkin math, but I am pretty sure that you would wanna have crit and mastery aprox. on the same level. And once you do so, versatility should be as valuable as the other two (being about 2k rating behind).

So what this change actually did was making all stats but haste indifferent to each other.

On a naked char Haste >> Crit > Mastery > Vers should hold, but once you have really just some stats, Haste >> Mastery = Crit = Vers is just as true.