Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    So the text message he sent one of the victims as an apology doesn't constitute knowledge of wrongdoing in this case why? In this case, the guilty plea is exactly what it means. This isn't just a "he said, she said" case. There were two victims, there's evidence of consciousness of guilt. You don't really get to say that here.
    Did not see anything about that in the quoted text, all it says is that he allegedly did those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has inserting your fingers in someone always been considered rape?

I definitely think the little fucker needs to punished a lot harder than he currently is but I always though that rape was when you put your P inside someone.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    But like.. Was he actually convicted of raping these two girls? Because at least Brock Turner was, which makes the hatred for that judge justified.
    I think he is making a bargain to avoid the conviction. He is not challenging that it happened though, nor is his lawyer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yeah, he should probably go to jail for a few months or be fined heavily. But his actions are not critically destructive, and it would be injustice for his life to be ruined. He didn't kill anyone. He poked a couple of vaginas. The fact that he was charged with rape is already a stretch, as much as I am personally disgusted by his archetype.
    it is rape because the women DIDN'T consent to having sex. you are incapable of consenting while drunk and if i'm reading this right they were passed out. sounds like rape to me.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Judge Lets a Student Charged With Rape Skip Jail Time So He Could Have a "College Experience"

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love...c=socialflowFB
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/164106...yre-both-deaf/

A bit like what they do for women... Almost every time they rape children.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I think he is making a bargain to avoid the conviction. He is not challenging that it happened though, nor is his lawyer.
    plea bargains should only be allowed for murder cases imo. it's mostly used by crybaby perpetrators who are afraid their life is going to be ruined because they committed a crime.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe people are trying to justify fingering someone as not being rape.

So if some gay dude put his fingers in your ass while you were passed out drunk, wouldn't be rape? You would be ok with this?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Personally I don't equate fingering someone to hitting someone hard enough that brain matter comes out... but you know...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not one of those people who are worried about the kid or his feelings.. but how do you think sending him to prison for 15 years would really improve anything? Why not just shoot him point blank?
    The father "slipped," clearly it was an accident. You don't want the father to be branded a criminal and miss the experience of his middle years do you?

It is the same logic used in this case. The boy made a "mistake." His lawyer doesn't want him branded as a sex offender and to have to miss his college experience.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Has inserting your fingers in someone always been considered rape?

I definitely think the little fucker needs to punished a lot harder than he currently is but I always though that rape was when you put your P inside someone.
    Depends where you live. In mass, yes, it's rape.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Did not see anything about that in the quoted text, all it says is that he allegedly did those things.
    There's another source about the case linked somewhere in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    plea bargains should only be allowed for murder cases imo. it's mostly used by crybaby perpetrators who are afraid their life is going to be ruined because they committed a crime.
    I think it should only be used if the defendent has useful information to bargain with it. Like the identities of more criminals involved in the crime, where the bodies are hidden, etc.. There is no reason to bargain with this defendent. You do the crime, you do the time. Keep it simple, fair and honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    A modest reminder, we have a very one sided account. If the case had actually gone to trial, there would have been some important questions to answer.

1. Were the girls actually "passed out" or were they asleep? I'm reading a lot of "passed out" but the story is unclear on that. Of the two, one needed help up the stairs. Still able to navigate stairs, even with help, sounds short of passing out drunk. Passed out is a clear no fly. Drunk, asleep, and who knows if they were cuddling, not so clear. For those who are married or have a girlfriend that sometimes sleeps over -- nothing ever starts in the middle of the night or as one of you is waking up?

2. He came in to talk to them. Why was he still there in bed with them, and what were they wearing that he was able to commit the offense? No, I'm not bringing up a "well she was dressed that way, so she wanted it" excuse. Wearing a tight skirt, a short skirt, or a skirt both short and tight doesn't mean "take me now you brute." On the other hand, if you have teenagers sleeping together in underwear (conceivably less), then there is some question about what had been going on, and what permissions might seem to have been given. Permissions can certainly be revoked, but it also seems that he did take no for an answer.

3. I don't buy the bit about him being an athlete as either an excuse or a condemnation. It may, however, have some bearing on how the three interacted. He may have been a popular guy, and for all we know one or both of them might have been showing interest in hooking up at some point. For all we know, they may have in the past. (I can't help thinking about the guy in the one birth control cartoon telling the cheerleader she had a good chance of hooking up with the football start, because more than 50% of the cheerleaders already had.)

There are a lot of questions that would have gotten unpleasant in court, and they would have gone to questions about consent, ability to consent, and whether there was any form of mutual mistake. It didn't go to court, so we don't really know.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Previous reports on Becker's trial have made an effort to mention the fact that, before allegedly sexually assaulting two unconscious classmates, he was quite the athlete
    Bonus trolling value, because why not? Everyone knows that a teenage girl's wildest dream is to be finger-raped by someone who plays sports!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    it is rape because the women DIDN'T consent to having sex. you are incapable of consenting while drunk and if i'm reading this right they were passed out. sounds like rape to me.
    No, it's sexual assault by all reasonable definitions. Putting your finger in someone's mouth isn't rape. Putting your penis in someone's mouth is.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    He did not rape them. To claim such is exaggeration, like my post. Rape is bad, but HS parties are about up...to drop your guard there and get drunk to the point of passing out is slightly less foolish then jumping into a large cat exhibit at a zoo.
    I do not understand why this is so hard.

You are just wrong. He was actually co victed of rape by the court so they disagree with you, and the definition of rape disagrees with you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape

Penetration = rape, end of story. I sorry you dont like that definition but it is the one the rest of the world goes by. It doesnt mean there arent degrees, but it was still rape. Also why dont you victim blame more. They fell asleep after the psrty was apready over. They helped clear up. He then finger fucked them both. Not one, but both.

Let me be unequivocally clear here. If a girl is asleep, unless you have expressed permission to touch her sexually, dont fucking touch her. How hard is this, seriously? You really think them falling asleep was an indictation they wanted this guy to finger fuck them? If he really thouht it was okay why didnt he do it while they were still awake? Are you actually this obtuse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I can't believe people are trying to justify fingering someone as not being rape.

So if some gay dude put his fingers in your ass while you were passed out drunk, wouldn't be rape? You would be ok with this?
    It wouldn't be rape. That doesn't mean you would have to be okay with it, lol. It's still sexual assault. Come on, use your brain.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, it's sexual assault by all reasonable definitions. Putting your finger in someone's mouth isn't rape. Putting your penis in someone's mouth is.
    If you think penetrating someones genitals with your own genitals, fingers or any object isn't rape then you're the one without a reasonable definition.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    I do not understand why this is so hard.

You are just wrong. He was actually co victed of rape by the court so they disagree with you, and the definition of rape disagrees with you.

Penetration = rape, end of story. I sorry you dont like that definition but it is the one the rest of the world goes by. It doesnt mean there arent degrees, but it was still rape. Also why dont you victim blame more. They fell asleep after the psrty was apready over. They helped clear up. He then finger fucked them both. Not one, but both.

Let me be unequivocally clear here. If a girl is asleep, unless you have expressed permission to touch her sexually, dont fucking touch her. How hard is this, seriously? You really think them falling asleep was an indictation they wanted this guy to finger fuck them? If he really thouht it was okay why didnt he do it while they were still awake? Are you actually this obtuse?
    I w8ll victums blame this stupid shit all day long because getting passed out drunk at a high school party is stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.

Never said the guy wasn't wrong you are reading that on your own. I'm saying is I don't think what he did is rape and if you agree with the law of it being rape then you are.part of the problem by allowing the behavour of getting passed out drunk at partys.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

rape is any "sexual" penetration. Coulda been a stick, dildo, cucumber, finger. People outside of doctors dont really stick things in your pelvic cavities for any other reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    If you think penetrating someones genitals with your own genitals, fingers or any object isn't rape then you're the one without a reasonable definition.
    Uh, I said that rape is penetration with genitals, and I would expand this to all forced interaction with the perpetrator's genitals. Anything else is sexual assault.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be rape. That doesn't mean you would have to be okay with it, lol. It's still sexual assault. Come on, use your brain.
    But it is sexual penetration. It isn't something like groping. Would fisting not be rape, simply because it is not a penis? Would this also mean that woman are incapable of raping another woman, because they don't have a penis to insert into their victim?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.