Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Alliance (A) <Temporal Vortex> Recruiting For Casual Raids in Legion

LATEST: Eternal Palace cleared, Queen Azshara heroic down.

Realm: Argent Dawn - EU
    Raid times: Saturday 20:30 - 23:00 CET (Farm), Tuesday 20:30 - 23:00 CET (Progress) (Tuesdays will be a night off or alt night after progress)
    Current Progress: Uldir: 8/8 (H). Battle for Dazar'alor: 9/9 (H). Crucible: 2/2 (H). Eternal Palace: 8/8 (H)
    Currently looking for: More or less anything at this stage, recruiting for 8.3

Hello! My name is Leih from the guild <Temporal Vortex> on the English-speaking RP server Argent Dawn. Since you've clicked this topic, hopefully it means you're looking for a new guild or raid group. We are currently looking for players of all experience and skill levels to join our community for Saturday & Tuesday casual raiding, either as part of the guild or externally. Let me tell you a little about us.

Who are we?

<Temporal Vortex>
    is in fact a guild that's been around in some form or another since the days when Molten Core was the only raid content and farming fire resistance gear was our top priority! We've raided on RP servers with a fair bit of success, at some points over the years being the furthest progressed RP-server guild in the EU - so most of us know what we're doing! Many of us have also more recently raided on other servers as part of other Mythic teams.

The guild is largely made up of relatively mature players (average age is probably around 30) but we have some outliers both older and younger, and are open to all types. Nowadays, many of us have busy lives - jobs, kids, wives, husbands, boyfriends, cats - which need caring for, which has left hardcore Mythic progression less of a viable choice as it used to be.

So, in Legion, we spent our time running casual flexible-sized raids of both Normal and Heroic in order to see the content and clear what we can. It was very successful, and we cleared every tier fully in Heroic before the next release of content. This is something we hope to continue doing in Battle For Azeroth.

In between, our raid days the more active players in the guild will of course be running Mythic+ dungeons and running old content raids and similar, which new members will be welcome to join in with! If you are interested in Mythic+ regularly, let me know and we'll see if you can fit in one of our teams.

As I already mentioned, we're accepting players of all skill level and experience whether you'd like to commit to just a couple of normal raids now and then or work on clearing Heroic with us and get stuck in with Mythic+ (opportunity permitting!). Whether you're an older player in the same situation as we are, looking for a laid back mature group to experience content with or you're a new starter keen to get started with raids and see what the game has to offer, we'd be happy for you to join us.

If you're already in a social guild somewhere, but like the idea of joining our groups, we'll also take regular players who want to join us cross-realm and take part in our group remotely, so feel free to ask me about that.

What is the server like?

Argent Dawn is an old server and still easily one of the (if not the) most populated and active RP servers you'll get in the EU. If you're interested in a spot of RP, there's lots of it to be found, even just randomly in the streets of Stormwind. If you're not interested in RP, that's totally fine too. There is no obligation just because you're on an RP server, just try to behave yourself and don't yell about PWNING ALL THE N00BS in /say chat and you'll get on fine!

Being an RP server generally means you have a slightly more mature community (well, in terms of the average, not in total) and best of all if some clown walks up to you with a name like "DMPaladinguyDM" you can feel content in the knowledge that you can report him for having a stupid name. Yay!

That's about the only differences though, if you don't actually join in with roleplay, so don't feel odd if you've never been on one. We don't all type in Ye Olde English and there's no stopping to RP in dungeons and raids. Honest.

What are your raids like?

Well, we might be a casual guild in terms of playtime but we do take our raiding fairly seriously. We do want people to turn up on time, show some focus and interest and pull their own weight. This isn't the kind of place for a free carry or the sort of environment where people should take the piss or troll constantly.

We have quite a mix of skill levels and abilities in the raid group, so even though it's only for Normal/Heroic raiding this is the level that is on par for the guild. There will be wipes and learning on current content while everyone gets comfortable with the encounters. We progress through Heroic, we don't just one-shot zerg it like an overgeared Mythic guild.

We have a guild Discord server and use voice chat during raids. Though be aware most of our players are quite old-school and prefer text-based chats generally - voice channels are mainly used just for raids and mythic+ things. And we don't force anyone to speak if they're not comfortable with it.

Sounds good, how do I get in on this?

Just get in touch with me! I don't bite and there's obviously no obligation or expectation if you'd like to have a chat or join us for some shits and giggles. All inquiries welcome.

You can either add my battletag: Amika#2125
    Add me on Discord at Amika#9569 (probably the easiest!)
    Or just private message me here on MMO-Champion.

Any Requirements?

In terms of requirements, we're not that picky on things like gear and experience. Generally as long as you are willing to keep up-to-date with the level of content you are participating in and don't expect a free ride, it's all good. Depending on your experience and interest, and how much time you want to commit, you may join as either a casual raider or a main team raider. We are usually pretty heavy on melee but keen for any healer or ranged DPS of any class/spec.

There is no formal application, you don't have to fill in a form or link me your raid logs or a screenshot of your UI.

I just ask that you enjoy what you're playing, are eager to join in and kick butt and just have fun with the game. We don't have a lot of tolerance for drama, whiners or haters. If you're the kind of player who regularly logs in just to have a lengthy rant about how shit the game is now and how you miss the way your class played back in WotLK or something... or spend all day quoting memes and talking shit about that dude who rekt you in that last BG... you're probably not gonna fit in super well here. Honestly I'm too old for immature drama, keep it out of our guild

Don't get me wrong, we're pretty laid back, and bad language & other 18+ subjects are totally fine in guild. However, we have a zero tolerance policy for all kinds of sincere hate speech. No racism, anti-LGBTQ, or other unnecessary bullshit in our guild chat. A little banter and silliness is okay but anyone spreading shit is going to find themselves flushed quickly.

But if you're a grown up and looking for a mature little community to join in with some casual raiding, either as part of our guild or as an external guest, then hit me up and lets have a chat
    Last edited by Leih; 2019-11-26 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping for launch hype
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping! Still looking. Another tank might be useful. But anything works still.

10+ Year Old Account
    More please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Met lots of nice people already who have spoken to me regarding our guild. I hope they will have fun with us and decide to stick around going forward

We still have room for more players, particularly active DPS and a decent tank!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still considering anyone but I think we're looking pretty good on healers so we mainly want one or two more main-spec DPS now. I'd still take one more tank, but ideally not another warrior!

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point we really aren't looking for any more healers!

Melee DPS may be considered - DK, rogue, Havoc DH, we don't have any of those. Not really got room for more shammies and warriors though!

We'd still take one tank if you're confident with the role!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping this. We could use a couple more people. Been going well so far, we are now raiding 2 days a week and are up to Cenarius in Heroic.

Right now we could make use of a mage or DPS shaman for some more sources of heroism, maybe one more healer, and can always use a some good random DPSers, especially ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bump!

Will take anything really

- - - Updated - - -

We killed Xavius heroic last night, just in time for 7.1

We are still accepting more members. If you're interested in Normal and Heroic raids 2 days per week, come have a chat!

Obligatory killshot: http://i.imgur.com/8xwnMxK.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Would especially be interested in another healer, or a mage!

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently in need of more Ranged DPS as a priority. Class isn't important, but we need more of them

Healers are also welcome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still looking for a couple more! Ranged DPS would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Normal Nighthold cleared last week we are looking at starting through Heroic in our Tuesday raids. Our roster is pretty comfortable at the moment but we may accept any decent applicant from the following:

- Resto Druid/Shaman
    - MW Monk
    - Hunter
    - Rogue
    - DPS DK

Mainly because we have about 21345 Conqueror users and not much for the rest!

10+ Year Old Account
    We are very much interested in another healer to join our team - anything other than a priest would be great!

We're looking for friendly, mature people who have patience to progress at a steady casual rate through the content and want to be a part of the team

10+ Year Old Account
    Spellblade and Star Augur heroic killed tonight. Four bosses left in heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update: Botanist and Tichondrius died tonight, two new kills, putting us 8/10. Woop

Breaking Temporal vortex news

Reports indicate that a considerable amount of nightborne male elfs, skilled in domination and control, are now left unemployed after Elisander was relieved of duty last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan heroic got made deader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that Gul'dan is dead we went and got ourselves some mooses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still open to new folks to pad out the roster, we are currently working gradually through Tomb. Our first heroic raid this past Tuesday we are now 4/9 Heroic.