PvP recent template changes (August 23rd 2016)

RECENT CHANGES (August 23rd 2016)
    Below is a list of changes that have occurred to PvP stat templates and spell multipliers since we last updated this page on August 11th.

SHAMAN
    Restoration
    Stat Template

Primary: 155% (down from 160%)
    Armor: 130% (down from 150%)
    Mastery: 150% (down from 170%)

PALADIN
    Retribution
    Spell Multipliers

Templar's Verdict deals 100% damage in PvP (up from 70%)
    Execution Sentence deals 85% damage in PvP (up from 60%)
    Justicar's Vengeance deals 100% damage in PvP (up from 60%)
    Justicar's Vengeance deals 50% additional damage to stunned targets in PvP (down from 100%)

DEMON HUNTER
    Vengeance
    Spell Multipliers

Soul Cleave heals for 80% in PvP (up from 40%)
    Consume Soul heals for 80% in PvP (up from 20%)
    Soul Barrier absorbs 100% in PvP (up from 20%)

WARRIOR
    Protection
    Spell Multipliers

Ignore Pain absorbs for 75% in PvP (up from 60%)
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747314610

Dunno if the rshaman nerfs were enough, maybe it is the other healers that need a few buffs now (priests in particular).

I'm glad for the retri buffs, haven't seen a retri for weeks lol. AFAIK Vanguard was depressed too .

No idea about tank changes.

Thoughts boys and girls?

Very small resto shammy nerfs but I think that's fine. I'd prefer they nerf incrementally over the heavy handed style of old. Ret seems really good now, they have the damage to pair with the utility. Hearing reports of Wings + TV hitting for 600k on beta lol. Good stuff.

I think damage dealers are going to be pretty damn balanced going into legion with a few exceptions--WW/sub/fire still too strong, fury/destro/ele/frost still too weak--but we're getting there.

As a PvP Ret main of 9 years, i am very very happy about these changes, our dmg in pvp instances was so crap compared to other classes, made me depressed due to the fact we have the worst mobility as well >.<, hence the new change is very very welcome.

yes they buffed my self healing. It was kind of sad when outlaw rogues do more self healing than you do (pre-artifact talent). This should make tank DH that are facing 2 or less opponents (good ones) unkillable without stuns and dps cooldowns. Pretty fair trade off since dps do twice your damage and can burst for more.

resto shamans will always stay op until they nerf calming waters. so yeah will lvl resto shaman first and then have a mw as backup

Quote Originally Posted by carnx View Post
    resto shamans will always stay op until they nerf calming waters. so yeah will lvl resto shaman first and then have a mw as backup
    Calming Waters is definitely broken, but the fact is that they heal so much too.

If you interrupt them for 5 secs, they don't really fall behind because with 2 HS a target is back to full from 50%.

If you interrupt a mistweaver monk for 5 secs, you need a year before you can heal all your teammates back to full.

The fact that orc can be shamans and that relentless and hardiness stack doesn't help too.

So all in all i would say it is a mix of being nearly immune to interrupts, to stuns and healing 1.5x more than the other healers.

I doubt any healer will take relentless simply because once the other team realizes they can turn it to an advantage and CC chain during burst window completely knowing the Orc healer can't do anything about it .. I could be wrong as I don't play healer but as DPS I'm defiantly moving all my mains to Orc (Aff / WW) ..

On topic, really good changes, especially happy about the Retr changes MUCH needed, I think now Retr can't be just ignored and is a bonafide DPS threat ... Also, I need to go back to DH now as my main issue was the really low self healing ..

Generally these changes send a clear message:

PLAY WHAT YOU LIKE SON WE WILL TEMPLATE FIX IT!

Well Legion might just turn out to be the best expansion yet
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-08-26 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I doubt any healer will take relentless
    I think it is more about relentless + hardiness stacking tbh.

because once the other team realizes they can turn it to an advantage and CC chain during burst window completely knowing the Orc healer can't do anything about it ..
    Well it depends, not all comps can chain CCs.

For example against cleaves which have next to 0 CC and main strategy is to train the healer with stuns, relentless + hardiness is broken.

Against rpm which can sap blind poly fear and silence the healer while raping the other 2 teammates, the active talent is better.

Generally these changes send a clear message:

PLAY WHAT YOU LIKE SON WE WILL TEMPLATE FIX IT!

There are still many specs which are so horrible that only an aboundant amount of buffs can make them competitive...