Thread: After x200 Wins

After x200 Wins

Since the launch of 7.0 Legion pre patch I wanted to spend as much time doing BG's as possible to adapt and see what I like. Initially I intended to play x100 wins and stop, then I picked up WW.

The first x100:

Feral / Affliction / Elemental / Shadow

Feral:

Hit and run play style that focuses on spreading bleeds and maintaining pressure .. It's fun but not really super exciting .. Weakness is you die the same way Feral died in WoD .. Stun ..

Affliction:

Caster tank in every sense of the word, spreads cancer and when x5 shards are available tunnel UA and CC and it's all over .. Unfortunately any competent dispel will end this builds burst (meaning aware enough to avoid UA stacks) ..

Elemental:

Mechanically love this build .. I mean it's super fun .. The build got several new toys to get distance .. Unfortunately damage is far too low unless left completely alone to AE ..

Shadow:

What can I say, massive damage and if I get VT rolling on several targets a healing machine .. Really fun build and I see it being a dominant build in rated ..

Seeing how I played caters mostly and got shut down hard by WW, I decided to start one .. Never expected to get hooked ..

Ended up playing WW for an entire week non stop for hours ..

The build, once I got the feel of in-out play style and improved my field awareness and positioning and got the burst build up down is amazing .. It's hilarious to use Karma in random BG by leroying the kill target and have his team kill him (I got the x2 set bonus so 100% HP transferred) .. While I dabbled with Outlaw, WW is going to be my go to build next month for sure ..

Amazing sticking power with solid sustained and serious burst when fully stacked and setup properly .. Mobility is king as port is amazing ...

How about you, did you figure out which build is the most fun for you? And why?
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-08-26 at 08:58 AM.

Deleted
    Tried WW in WoD and I stopped after 5 minutes in BGs, multiple times. Reason was not being able to move while using Fists of Fury, that was absolutely frustrating. Game breaker for me.

Since that has been "fixed", WW is a lot of fun for me. I love it and it's gonna be my main for Legion. It hast mobility, it has CC, it has heals, it has burst... basically everything, and teleport will be amazing in arenas.

Only thing I couldn't figure out yet is how to beat rogues in duels. If I don't trinket the opener, I die, if I trinket the opener they reset the fight with blind and I'm back at the beginning, but without trinket.

Other classes: can't stand mages any more, they were better in WoD. Don't like ret palas any more, they lost mobility and spammable snares. I prefered my assasination rogue in WoD compared to what we have now, losing burst of speed after getting used to it is inacceptable, rogues feel like they are perma snared at the moment. Unsure about my Frost DK... still have to play a bit more until I'm certain about it. Don't like shadow priests, non existent mobility and no snares is a no go for me. Unsure about hunters yet, but only MM is an option, maybe. Never ever touched warlocks and I never will, same goes for druids, shamans and warriors. Not interested in demon hunters until they get better self heals and baseline snares.
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2016-08-24 at 09:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Warrior seems promising, as well as the revamp for Shadow Priests. I have yet to try much else, including Rogue, however what I've played with Outlaw seems very fun as well. Overall, I'm excited to try everything out at level 110.
    Orc Warrior/Undead Priest/Undead Ruuge/???

Not linking my armory because i like to be anonymuuse, although if you need me you can normally find me here. Krieger !W79kXUqA/6

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Since the launch of 7.0 Legion pre patch I wanted to spend as much time doing BG's as possible to adapt and see what I like. Initially I intended to play x100 wins and stop, then I picked up WW.

The first x100:

Feral / Affliction / Elemntal / Shadow

Feral:

Hit and run play style that focuses on spreading bleeds and maintaining pressure .. It's fun but not really super exciting .. Weakness is you die the same way Feral died in WoD .. Stun ..

Affliction:

Caster tank in every sense of the word, spreads cancer and when x5 shards are available tunnel UA and CC and it's all over .. Unfortunately any competent dispel will end this builds burst (meaning aware enough to avoid UA stacks) ..

Elemental:

Mechanically love this build .. I mean it's super fun .. The build got severa new toys to get distance .. Unfortunately damage is far too low unless left completely alone to AE ..

Shadow:

What can I say, massive damage and if I get VT rolling on several targets a healing machine .. Really fun build and I see it being a dominant build in rated ..

Seeing how I played caters mostly and got shut down hard by WW, I decided to start one .. Never expected to get hoocked ..

Ended up playing WW for an entire week non stop for hours ..

The build, once I got the feel of in-out play style and improved my field awareness and positioning and got the burst build up down is amazing .. It's hilarious to use Karma in random BG by leroying the kill target and have his team kill him (I got the x2 set bonus so 100% HP transfered) .. While I dabbled with Outlaw, WW is going to be my go to build next month for sure ..

Amazing sticking power with solid sustained and serious burst when fully stacked and setup properly .. Mobility is king as port is amazing ...

How about you, did you figure out which build is the most fun for you? And why?
    For me it's survival hunter for sure!
    Survivability is bad (better with the 20% versatility that we have now in pvp), but the spec is a lot of fun with ranged damage and dots.

I'm absolutely sure Blizzard will fix many of its problems with 7.1 so I'll stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Tried WW in WoD and I stopped after 5 minutes in BGs, multiple times. Reason was not being able to move while using Fists of Fury, that was absolutely frustrating. Game breaker for me.

Since that has been "fixed", WW is a lot of fun for me. I love it and it's gonna be my main for Legion. It hast mobility, it has CC, it has heals, it has burst... basically everything, and teleport will be amazing in arenas.

Only thing I couldn't figure out yet is how to beat rogues in duels. If I don't trinket the opener, I die, if I trinket the opener they reset the fight with blind and I'm back at the beginning, but without trinket.

Other classes: can't stand mages any more, they were better in WoD. Don't like ret palas any more, they lost mobility and spammable snares. I prefered my assasination rogue in WoD compared to what we have now, losing burst of speed after getting used to it is inacceptable, rogues feel like they are perma snared at the moment. Unsure about my Frost DK... still have to play a bit more until I'm certain about it. Don't like shadow priests, non existent mobility and no snares is a no go for me. Unsure about hunters yet, but only MM is an option, maybe. Never ever touched warlocks and I never will, same goes for druids, shamans and warriors. Not interested in demon hunters until they get better self heals and baseline snares.
    I agree with you for the most part but burst of speed needed to be taken out it was really bad for the game and was completely broken lol

Trinket the opener and para. Works at negative rating.
    Last edited by meob; 2016-08-27 at 01:52 AM.

Deleted
    Honor talents help a lot in that regard, as does the Transcendence heal from the artifact. But yeah, a good rogue will kill you before you can do anything in world PvP at 100, but at 110 that looks different, as does in a controlled pvp environment with templates.