Stacking Versatility for levelling

Gearing my Havoc DH as much as possible to 710 ilvl getting ready to level as easily as possible I have stacked Crit and Haste as per the Havoc guide. Along the way I have vendored a lot of Versatility gear. Seeing that it provides damage reduction in addition to the damage increase, would stacking versatility have been a better set to build for levelling? I understand all the gear will be replaced along the way but the 720 ilvl items I picked up should last until level 102-103..

7+ Year Old Account
    You're not going to be keeping that gear very long. 710 ilvl is great and all, but you won't keep that gear more than halfway through a zone. Gear what you can/what you want for now. Leveling is so different this time, there really isn't a whole lot of advantage for having a lot of gear, or more precise, lots of the "correct" stats. I really feel Blizzard did a great job with leveling in Legion.

I don't think you'll be able to stack enough versatility for it to really make any difference in your survivability as you level.

to be honest gear will get replaced so fast as leveling it is not worth worrying about stats and other things till like 109.
    Last edited by sosleapy; 2016-08-25 at 09:22 PM.

Just get shitloads of crit, should be the fastest way to kill random mobs.

For leveling, mostly just use whatever gear you get with the highest iLvl. The increases to Stam/armor, and the DPS increases from the other stats will do more for survivability then trying to stack vers.

Yep, what has been said by pretty much everyone is basically correct. You will replace gear VERY quickly once Legion does come out, meaning that your 710 itemlevel will give you an edge only in the first starting zone... which is exactly what a good Demon Hunter should try to accomplish. Stats won't matter: the agility and stamina alone should allow you to properly murder everything a quickly as optimally necessary.