Deleted

Is tanking / warriors really that bad in legion?

Hey guys,

I have been doing everything in this game except for tanking so after a 2 year break from the game I finally felt interested in the game again.
    This time however, I dont want to go back to healing or dpsing - I want to tank, the one thing that I never "mastered".

But I am getting second thoughts about it after all talk about how bad tanking is in Legion and also, how Warriors are not as exciting as they are atm.

I dont want to be that guy who listens to random youtube stars or whining people at various forums but I cant lie - it DOES affect me enough to start having doubts.

So, in all fairness, is tanking really gonna turn out to be a disappointing role to play in Legion?
    Isnt this just the case for the leveling experience, wont it be more fun later on when doing progress?

Whoever said that prot warrys are shit: they're wrong. Whether it is "disappointing" to you depends on your expectations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its safe to say warriors are one of the strongest tanks for atleast release
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Smashups View Post
    Hey guys,

I have been doing everything in this game except for tanking so after a 2 year break from the game I finally felt interested in the game again.
    This time however, I dont want to go back to healing or dpsing - I want to tank, the one thing that I never "mastered".

But I am getting second thoughts about it after all talk about how bad tanking is in Legion and also, how Warriors are not as exciting as they are atm.

I dont want to be that guy who listens to random youtube stars or whining people at various forums but I cant lie - it DOES affect me enough to start having doubts.

So, in all fairness, is tanking really gonna turn out to be a disappointing role to play in Legion?
    Isnt this just the case for the leveling experience, wont it be more fun later on when doing progress?
    Warriors aren't what they used to be, but they're far from bad, I'd put them at being the only one i'd consider a "requirement" atm.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Prot warriors are arguably the strongest in game. They aren't necessarily the most fun, or complex, but strongest? Show me a stronger one...

Deleted
    Prot warriors are bad in PVP not PVE.

Deleted
    I mainly wanted to ask if tanking really is so bad that some people are saying..
    the state of prot warriors was only secondary

What do you mean "is tanking bad?"

I don't know how tanking has ever changed. You hold agro, position correctly, use your abilities when damage comes and don't die.

Tanking is the same as it always has been.

In PvE content, warriors are very straight forward in playstyle and difficulty. They are among the best for pure mitigation. If you want to tank, a warrior will be fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Prot Warrior is very solid and fine going forward now and into Legion released content PvE.

PvP, not so much. Stat template shits on them currently in instanced PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much every ranking I saw put prot warrior among the best tanks mitigation-wise. Also it's fun to play, but it's subjective.

The only thing that prot tanks are lacking is dps. Other tanks deal considerably more dps than us. But mitigation-wise prot wars are the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing any tank in Legion is as boring as watching paint dry.