Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanja View Post
    .. and still no replacement for Mark of Ursol. Guess that's "gg" in terms of M+ Guaridan Druids.
    From what I saw at Blizzcon ALL tanks are getting their magic stuff removed.
    Paladin SOTR is going physical only, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    From what I saw at Blizzcon ALL tanks are getting their magic stuff removed.
    Paladin SOTR is going physical only, etc.
    You're right. DHs are loosing their MR, Stagger will be even less effective and Bone Shield is going armor only too. Wonder how tanks are going to mitigate heavy magic damage (espacially in M+) in the future.
    Looks like Warriors will be the king of M+ with Spell Reflection unchanged so far.
    Last edited by Chanja; 2018-01-28 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanja View Post
    You're right. DHs are loosing their MR, Stagger will be even less effective and Bone Shield is going armor only too. Wonder how tanks are going to mitigate heavy magic damage (espacially in M+) in the future.
    Looks like Warriors will be the king of M+ with Spell Reflection unchanged so far.
    They aren't which basically means they have to change fight and dungeon design.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkon View Post
    Wonder if we'll get to keep rage of the sleeper
    Kind of hope they do. If they didn't, I was wondering if we'd get Thorns back in some variation, although the problem being it's a PvP talent right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    They aren't which basically means they have to change fight and dungeon design.
    This has been on their radar for a really long time. Can't remember if it was Legion or WoD (pretty sure Legion) where they were touting during alpha/beta that they wanted magic damage to be the dangerous tank killer mechanic for all tank classes. Did they hit their mark? Maybe to some degree, although certain classes at different times trivialized those mechanics in one fashion or another. Perhaps they're pulling the little kid "no, I really mean it, I'll do it this time!" when it comes to making magic damage what should scare a tank. I wonder if they plan to smooth out incoming tank damage even more with these changes.

So had an idea on how they can make Soul of the Forest slightly more viable for Guardian. Generally Soul of the Forest would be considered slightly more noob friendly due to not having to watch for procs but it's kinda countered by the fact that you still have to watch the dot to reapply it before it falls off whereas with Galactic Guardian moonfire is almost guaranteed to always be on the target and you just press moonfire when it goes all flashy. I suggest on top of its current effects Soul of the Forest also refreshes moonfire on the target when you Mangle it. GG will still be ideal from a survival/DPS perspective but it makes players who choose SotF to not be at quite such a disadvantage.

Guardian in Alpha of BfA seems pretty gutted both damage/utility wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    Guardian in Alpha of BfA seems pretty gutted both damage/utility wise.
    Looks like they are gutting tank single target damage across the board. It's too early to infer anything and what really matters is the relative strength of the tanks.

Damage can be tweaked around but losing roar is detrimental to our raid utility.

Roar is still there. Just a smaller radius

Still a significant nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    Still a significant nerf.
    goes along with smaller range on dk mass grip i guess. if monks had any actual raid utility im sure it would get nerfed too

With the current tuning, Bear mitigation against physical is pretty hefty in practice. When I decided to round up a bunch of casters... yeah, I keep forgetting that the BfA Frenzied Regen doesn't scale with damage taken, it's not pretty when all the damage you take is magic.

I've played around with Stamp Roar in the expedition scenarios with random people, and it seems to be more responsive than live untalented Stamp Roar (where the person could be running next to you and not get buffed). Obviously haven't tried it out in a raid setting yet, maybe if enough people are loosely clumped on the test server I can see how responsive it is.

With the changes to the base UI, it's apparent that Blizz is trying to cut down on the number of binds you need (base UI is really compact now). While I find myself inadvertently pressing binds for spells that aren't there anymore, in practice (so far) you don't need them to function. However, for old people like me, it makes consolidating binds much easier on my poor ol' hands. Granted they did add Hibernate and Soothe back, although I have issues with Hibernate since you'll still aggro a Hibernated mob if you get moderately close to it... while a sleeping mob in the world you can walk on top of and not aggro at all.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    With the current tuning, Bear mitigation against physical is pretty hefty in practice. When I decided to round up a bunch of casters... yeah, I keep forgetting that the BfA Frenzied Regen doesn't scale with damage taken, it's not pretty when all the damage you take is magic.

I've played around with Stamp Roar in the expedition scenarios with random people, and it seems to be more responsive than live untalented Stamp Roar (where the person could be running next to you and not get buffed). Obviously haven't tried it out in a raid setting yet, maybe if enough people are loosely clumped on the test server I can see how responsive it is.

With the changes to the base UI, it's apparent that Blizz is trying to cut down on the number of binds you need (base UI is really compact now). While I find myself inadvertently pressing binds for spells that aren't there anymore, in practice (so far) you don't need them to function. However, for old people like me, it makes consolidating binds much easier on my poor ol' hands. Granted they did add Hibernate and Soothe back, although I have issues with Hibernate since you'll still aggro a Hibernated mob if you get moderately close to it... while a sleeping mob in the world you can walk on top of and not aggro at all.
    They somehow just buffed ironfur scaling by 200%. I feel an armor cap coming on halfway through second raid.
    I'm a bit scared about the armor meta. They've had to continuously tone down our armor in legion because it scaled too quickly, but was too weak at start. And somehow they're going to now do it to all tanks?
    If they haven't learned from legion bears, I think we're going to see a 20% reduction in armor scaling Active Mitigations each patch.

I can feel your pain on the caster front, but I like the idea. We were a bit too self-sufficient during the start of legion. I think it's a good change if they take it away from everybody.
    I can't imagine why they left it on warriors though. They still have Spell Reflect and Ignore Pain...
    For the single burst hit paladins will still be king, but that's very situational.

Guide how to be a world class bear in 8.0.
    Button 1: "/castsequence reset=6 Thrash, Mangle, Swipe, Swipe" macro
    Button 2: Ironfur
    Button 3: Frenzied Regen
    Spam first 2 buttons, press 3 when low on health.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Guide how to be a world class bear in 8.0.
    Button 1: "/castsequence reset=6 Thrash, Mangle, Swipe, Swipe" macro
    Button 2: Ironfur
    Button 3: Frenzied Regen
    Spam first 2 buttons, press 3 when low on health.
    Yeah, going to be very efficient wasting these mangle procs and not using moonfire. Lots of spec gets pretty easy rotationally when you ignore their mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Yeah, going to be very efficient wasting these mangle procs and not using moonfire. Lots of spec gets pretty easy rotationally when you ignore their mechanics.
    You are obviously right. However, Mangle/Moonflare proc rates are now nerfed and Swipe damage is buffed. So with absolutely perfect proc usage you won't be able to get even 10% damage increase over a single castsequence macro. Which is a total design failure I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    You are obviously right. However, Mangle/Moonflare proc rates are now nerfed and Swipe damage is buffed. So with absolutely perfect proc usage you won't be able to get even 10% damage increase over a single castsequence macro. Which is a total design failure I think.
    With current legendaries (shoulders/cloak) Moonfire procs are 25% of my damage, mangle is 15%. Missing out on a large portion of that 40% by using your castsequence is not even close to the 10% you're describing. i can see how without legendaries this might become a reality. However we do not know what AP has in store for us yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    With current legendaries (shoulders/cloak) Moonfire procs are 25% of my damage, mangle is 15%. Missing out on a large portion of that 40% by using your castsequence is not even close to the 10% you're describing. i can see how without legendaries this might become a reality. However we do not know what AP has in store for us yet.
    In fairness, he did say "in BfA"

I love the moonfire playstyle, it's sad as f--- that we can't play it in BfA

Quote Originally Posted by Sanitee View Post
    In fairness, he did say "in BfA"

I love the moonfire playstyle, it's sad as f--- that we can't play it in BfA
    He said 8.0.
    And I feel the same way tbh.
    I liked having the thrash playstyle, but moonfire was more interesting to use. Also more fun to press.

Is "BearCat" a dps gain in BfA? I understand its only usable in some situations where defence isnt a priority.