Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

[GUIDE] Rogue Legion Overview!

Hello, I'm Stjern.
    I have written this Legion Rogue Overview, which should give you a basic idea of what rogue is going to be like in Legion.

Click here for guide!

[Thanks to: rare@Ravenholdt we got it on a website, which is a better platform in general]

If you have any further questions or something alike, then poke me on Stjern#2802.
    I'll also try and keep my eyes onto this thread.

Hope you found it/will find it useful!

Enjoy.

MOD EDIT: Moving the guide off site makes this thread not worthy of a sticky anymore. This is borderline advertising, which we do not allow.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-01-05 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Updated for new website!

It just takes me back to this thread.

Deleted
    Try again now.

Deleted
    Very good job. it must have took you a long time but its very illustrating and with much attention to detail.
    Having said that, are you going to focus all your artifact knowledge on Outlaw or are you going to get 2 traits on all 3 artifacts?
    Also i see that you use ghost strike on outlaw for the first tier is it definitely the better out of the 3? i heard that the difference with swordmaster is minimal and it isnt worth it.
    Last edited by mmoc40e1daf0da; 2016-08-25 at 08:34 PM.

Deleted
    What a absolutely FANTASTIC guide. Spend just a few minutes looking into it and already seen some amazing answers and clarifications regarding frequently asked questions.

Don't know if it's in the guide (haven't looked through it all yet), but if there isn't a section, would you mind putting in one with useful WA's and such?

Once again, awesome job!

Deleted
    Thanks Deadlyshade, as it looks now, I'm patiently waiting to see if assassination or subtlety gets buffed. If they don't buff any of the specs, then I'll stick to Outlaw for basically every boss, and will be focusing on my Outlaw artifact. Not wasting my time and or artifact knowledge on the other two.

- - - Updated - - -

Seangun, look all the way at the bottom, there's a section called: "My weakauras". You'll be able to find my weakauras, that I use for raiding with the three specs, there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great work!
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    a ui pic explaining your wa's would be so good

I have done a ton of research and followed all the guides but when I test it assassination is WAY higher dps. Keep in mind this is on target dummies with a low (680) gear score. I can maintain about 29-30k as assassination and can barely maintain 20k as outlaw. This is strictly single target, NO aoe. Does anyone else have these types of results?

Deleted
    @Deadlyshade - I'll update it tomorrow with UI explations.

Quote Originally Posted by loonacy View Post
    I have done a ton of research and followed all the guides but when I test it assassination is WAY higher dps. Keep in mind this is on target dummies with a low (680) gear score. I can maintain about 29-30k as assassination and can barely maintain 20k as outlaw. This is strictly single target, NO aoe. Does anyone else have these types of results?
    its for level 110 not 100 and not at 680 ilvl, Assassination has always done super well with lower ilvl and scaled poorly at higher ilvl which is why in his overview you will see for the "what spec should i play" area as it progresses from pre raid to heroic to mythic assassination drops off the map a bit because it doesn't do very well later on.

Deleted
    Very nicely written guide.

GJ

Looks like i am going Sub for offspec.

Is there any indication of sub getting closer to outlaw beyond t19?

Deleted
    As it looks now, Outlaw is going to destroy the other two specs, no matter the situation. Sub will need a buff to get ahead

By the way thank you for the guide. Looks like im going outlaw then since it seems to be the strongest spec, was having a hard time figuring out what i wanted to play and since i enjoy all three specs a lot looks like i found my answer!

Deleted
    Glad that I could help you out! If any changes/hotfixes comes, then I will keep this document updated. So if you're ever in doubt, go look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stjern View Post
    Glad that I could help you out! If any changes/hotfixes comes, then I will keep this document updated. So if you're ever in doubt, go look at it.
    great thank you so much, i'll be keeping a close eye on it :P

bookmarked your profile, looking forward to the updates

Deleted
    Awesome guide, thank you very much for all the work you've put into into. I've got a couple of questions though. When we are fishing (rerolling RtB) should we always do it with 5(6) combo points? And when we are fishing do we ignore DfA until we get decent RtB procs?

Deleted
    @Zakkary - Ty for the feedback
    1. You want to aim for as long durations as possible. So 5-6, nothing below. As the 6th combo point only adds another 6 seconds to the duration, then you can judge yourself if you get to use the entire duration with the 6th combo point.
    2. Always use DfA on cooldown, we don't wish to stop DPS'ing entirely, whilst fishing.

Wow awesome guide! Sums everything up in a nice informative non-bias manner. My only complaint would be relying on sims for spec choice which aren't 100% accurate as everyone knows but they're not far from it.

Only issues on the sims atm that are known are:

// TODO + BlizzardFeatures + Bugs
    // Subtlety
    // - Second Shuriken [artifact power]
    // - Does Weaponmaster attempt to proc per target or per cast?
    //
    // Assassination
    // - Balanced Blades [artifact power] spell data claims it's not flat modifier?
    // - Poisoned Knives [artifact power] does the damage doubledip in any way?
    // - Does Kingsbane debuff get procced 2x on Mutilate? (If both hands apply lethal poison).

edit: A quick question - When you get to a point where energy doesn't matter as it refills so quickly do you still use Opportunity Procs for combo point generation?
    Last edited by Zetsumai258i; 2016-08-26 at 12:08 AM.