Poll: Did healing priests get the short end of the stick?

Am I suffering from "grass is greener syndrome" or are Holy & Disc talents + traits..

utter crap compared to the other healers? Looking at Resto sham talents and traits, ours looks either A) Inferior or B) terribly boring..

I won't even go into play style, where Disc looks like its going to need to do twice the work to still get inferior numbers and Holy has been made so vanilla and boring that I wonder if Blizzard just has no idea what makes Priests fun.

What say you?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's an understandable reaction. Holy had Binding Heal and Circle of Healing turned into talents, heals refreshing renew is a talent, Symbol of Hope is a talent. I assume it's also true for other healers, but it's hard to be excited when you lose stuff and have to get it back through talents. It's not like these were all amazing spells that would threaten the balance if we still had them baseline. About the only interesting thing is Apotheosis, which gives us an actual throughput cooldown... except it competes with CoH, so yeah...

Sure, it's functional, but it does seem quite boring. Hell, PvP talents seem vastly more interesting than PvE ones - something like castable Spirit of Redemption is more creative than the entire PvE tree.

Edit: Oh yeah, and having random proc instead of an actual artifact spell... Healers don't work that way, Blizzard.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-08-26 at 03:35 AM.

I think the holy artifact is pretty terrible. An RNG artifact ability and a bunch of talents that just say "heal more"

I think you hit the nail on the head. I have played as a Priest since Vanilla and enjoyed all three spec thoroughly. Come Legion I am changing mains to Mistweaver Monk for healing raid progression. Backed up with my Shaman.

I have leveled several Priest in Beta and have to agree that Holy is horribly boring. The dps and healing play style combined with a mundane artifact abilities / choices seals it for me. Can't compared to Shaman and MW which I also tested at max level. I am able to make the new Disc changes work but it feels just like that, work.

If you know the fights and play properly you can get respectable numbers but god help you if the crap hits the fan. But we know it always hits the fan in progression. You have few options to save the day in bad situations and as a healer I don't like not having options. The one cherry on the Priest shit cake is Shadow which is insanely fun and does terrific damage. (hides nurf bat)

Maybe shit cake is an exaggeration. Holy is a healing machine, (emphasis on machine), and Disc is serviceable. However after playing this game for so long it is about fun and performance and the healing side of Priestdom falls flat on fun factor this iteration.
    Last edited by Hamacus; 2016-08-26 at 04:08 AM.

The problem, as I see it, is the vanilla/BC Holy priest you're referring to was THE healer, like the spec you stack to heal your raid. Then over years it had its abilities copied/homogenized over other healers, while not receiving back things other healers had - like throughput CDs, crowd control, relatively high damage, raid utility, etc. So, in the end, nowadays you can choose a holy priest who can only heal, or you can choose any other healer who can heal and add a lot to your raid. The result of that choice is obvious.
    Also, putting BH and CoH into talents is beyind idiotic, IMO, since these two (plus PoM) are the very signature Holy spells, the one which distinguish Holy priest from other healers.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though