1. #1

    DH Gliding - BGs and RBGs

    Hi people,

    So since the amount of fun things to do in World of Warcraft currently is limited, I've decided to spend most of my time doing BGs.

    Anyway... I've stumbled upon something I think might become an issue if not fixed. In Twin Peaks, after picking up the alliance flag, Demon Hunters are able to jump off the ledge and glide past the river that runs through the middle of the battle ground making them very hard to catch. Further more they are able to get on to objects which make it impossible for other melee classes to attack them. Reason I'm bringing this up is that I see it becoming an enormous issue in RBGs.

    So what can we do? And is Blizzard aware of the issue?

    My suggestion is either disable double jump and gliding, or at least gliding when carrying a flag.

    What are your thoughts on it?

    - Chiefy

  2. #2
    Another thing to note - is that DH can double jump over a mages ring of frost back and forth and never get cc'd.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    Another thing to note - is that DH can double jump over a mages ring of frost back and forth and never get cc'd.
    So can everybody else. If you get caught in that thing you are a fool or it was cast on you while you were stunned.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    So can everybody else. If you get caught in that thing you are a fool or it was cast on you while you were stunned.
    DH doesn't have to do anything special to get over it... every other class has to use a 60% or more speed boost to do it. I tried it with priest body and soul and it doesn't make it.

    Rogue for example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KV4C88l52g

  5. #5
    I am Murloc! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    5,156
    gliding should be off while havin a flag
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Konteil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    C137 For now......
    Posts
    910
    never i love that about DH lol. thats like taking away bubble for pally. i was in twin peaks the other night and did it. it can be gotten around. got teamed up on my a bunch of dks and got gripped over and again till i was smited. sall good dks have stupid self heals and are OP, DH has glide ans some maneuvering. mage can do it too almost all the way with featherfall and priest can levitate. no big deal . part of the fun is figuring out a counter.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    never i love that about DH lol. thats like taking away bubble for pally. i was in twin peaks the other night and did it. it can be gotten around. got teamed up on my a bunch of dks and got gripped over and again till i was smited. sall good dks have stupid self heals and are OP, DH has glide ans some maneuvering. mage can do it too almost all the way with featherfall and priest can levitate. no big deal . part of the fun is figuring out a counter.
    You shouldn't be able to carry flags/carts and use it though. You can get halfway across a map without being touched. Honestly I think you shouldn't be able to glide while in combat but thats just me.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    You shouldn't be able to carry flags/carts and use it though. You can get halfway across a map without being touched. Honestly I think you shouldn't be able to glide while in combat but thats just me.
    You can slow fall and levitate in combat. Both if used well get you close to the river in Twin Peaks. Double jump is stronger then either for that purpose, but so be it something is always going to be the best for any given thing. It isn't like there will only be 1 demon hunter out of both teams. Everybody will have access to the same classes/specs.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You can slow fall and levitate in combat. Both if used well get you close to the river in Twin Peaks. Double jump is stronger then either for that purpose, but so be it something is always going to be the best for any given thing. It isn't like there will only be 1 demon hunter out of both teams. Everybody will have access to the same classes/specs.
    Oh absolutely, it was purely observation thats all. Its nothing thats gamebreakinig whatsoever.. also I have used levitate to get my arena partners from getting caught in the ring.

  10. #10
    Another thing I noticed in twin peaks, dh fc can double jump off the pile of crap in the corner in alli flag room up to second floor of flag room. As good as monk transcendence but without the cd. Also in SoTA I've seen dh climb up the " hills" the walls are built into and double jump over the doors. Maybe these should stay in game as interesting mechanics but it should be made fair that there's a means to do it for horde flag carriers as well in thier flag rooms. Maybe there is and I just haven't seen or heard of it in which case my bad. @konteil, DK self heals are crap..
    Last edited by Pvp guy; 2016-08-26 at 11:18 PM.

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Krassz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    gliding should be off while havin a flag
    You'd think that, but they're letting use prot use divine steed with the flag in a specific hotfix just for that.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    You'd think that, but they're letting use prot use divine steed with the flag in a specific hotfix just for that.
    If a cat can blink with the flag and a rogue can sprint with the flag, there really isn't much reason to remove double jump or gliding while carrying the flag. They can fix exploit locations with invisible walls if need be of course, but it would be silly to disable those abilities when other classes have movement based abilities of their own. Not to mention if you slow them they drop like a rock while gliding and they can be gripped and CCed still.

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Krassz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucreta View Post
    If a cat can blink with the flag and a rogue can sprint with the flag, there really isn't much reason to remove double jump or gliding while carrying the flag. They can fix exploit locations with invisible walls if need be of course, but it would be silly to disable those abilities when other classes have movement based abilities of their own. Not to mention if you slow them they drop like a rock while gliding and they can be gripped and CCed still.
    Except prot pallies can spec into cc immunity whilst on divine steed. It also knocks anyone you run into high in the air. With such a short cd, it's pretty dumb.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Snes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,763
    They're enabling Goblin Gliders in non-rated BGs are they not?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral Krassz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    They're enabling Goblin Gliders in non-rated BGs are they not?
    Yeah, it was a mistake that engineering items were disabled in the first place, apparently.

  16. #16
    Heck no, it would remove 1 reason as to whether I should bring a DH or not.

    Remember guardian Druids in MOP? Unkillable FCs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •