10+ Year Old Account

Budget Motherboard Help

Building an i3-6100 system, the cheapest full atx board is http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/k...oard-h170ax131

Does anyone have experience with this board? I'm a bit nervous about buying the absolute cheapest of anything, but I'd rather get an atx over a micro atx or itx.

I live having the ability to add more, but if it's smarter to go with a higher quality mATX for the same price as a cheap ATX, I'll do it.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2016-08-26 at 09:35 PM.

Not with that particular board, but my system, my wifes system and my best friends system all use ASRock Boards. They are a great budget brand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Not with that particular board, but my system, my wifes system and my best friends system all use ASRock Boards. They are a great budget brand.
    Thanks for the input.

7+ Year Old Account
    I used to run with larger boards so that I could run multiple SLI cards but after I got over the hype, or found that the hype wasn't for me. I've been running with mATX boards for ~13 years. I found, other than a video card slot, I never used the other slots on an ATX board making anything larger than a mATX a bit of a waste of money for me.

So, I'm curious, what are you looking to add on to the ATX that keeps you from going with mATX?
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2016-08-26 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I used to run with larger boards so that I could run multiple SLI cards but after I got over the hype, or found that the hype wasn't for me, I've run with mATX boards for ~13 years cause I found, other than a video card slot, I never used the other slots on an ATX board making it a bit of a waste of money for me. So, I'm curious, what are you looking to add on to the ATX that keeps you from going with mATX?
    I guess I'd like to SLI/Cross Fire one day, although now that I think about it, I'm probably not going to find another 7950 anywhere. I don't know, I just like the idea I guess.. I'll think about it a bit more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    I guess I'd like to SLI/Cross Fire one day, although now that I think about it, I'm probably not going to find another 7950 anywhere. I don't know, I just like the idea I guess.. I'll think about it a bit more.
    Yeah, SLI was the main reason I used to run the regular ATX. Loved it back when I was a FPS fiend.