Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's a sad thing that you have to farm pvp gear from pve if you really want to enjoy the legion world.
    Unless you're a really top tier pvper, you might not survive outdoor after 2 or 3 months in a pvp server.
    Think about attack on titan, pvpers.

Deleted
    "conclusion: PvE gear won't be an issue in instanced PvP because Blizzard has limited the power gap gear can create in PvP (in instanced PvP: a player in full 880 Mythic Raid gear has only 8% more stats than a player in full quest greens)"

This is still an issue, being at considerable advantage all the way up to rank1 pvp rewards, is not healthy pvp. This will inflate pve players ratings from their true skill level, it creates unfair game and destroys the integrity of the ladder.

I dont understand why the fuck blizzard just cant get rid of the gear compeletely in pvp. Gear has no place in competitive pvp, and only makes it more complex to balance too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    -snip-
    Very interesting post, thx for ur time.

The only part that kinda bugs me is your estimation of rated rating to gear ilvl rewards.

I highly doubt 2.9-3k will equal to 880 (mythic ilvl if i am not mistaken). Blizzard mentioned that glad level players will be on par with mythic raiders. Sometimes glad cut off is 2552 (US servers) sometimes its 2630, i doubt i ever remb glad cut of being 2.9k. Also some pvpers only do RBGs, and achieving 2.9k in RBGs dep on a season sometimes impossible like in MOP Hero cut of in RBGs was 2230-2250 if i am not mistaken you know?
    If i had to make an educated guess, id assume pvp equivalent gear to mythic ilvl would come at 2.4k cr Rated

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    World PVP is going to be funny with mythic geared tanks acting like raid bossses smashing players all over the place. Yeah PVP in Legion is one giant cluster of not fun lol.
    Yep exactly this, it also bugs me a lot, how PvE gear will be far superior to PvP (in Wpvp/duels) cuz of set bonuses, trinkets combined that with how OP tanks are : Prot War, Prot Pally, Bear (unless they nerfed bear) these tanks will be pretty much smashing majority of pvpers in Wpvp, who don't break high rating in rated, hence, dont have access to a higher ilvl pvp gear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by juicefruit View Post
    This is still an issue, being at considerable advantage all the way up to rank1 pvp rewards, is not healthy pvp. This will inflate pve players ratings from their true skill level, it creates unfair game and destroys the integrity of the ladder.
    Yep, also blizzard seems not to understand that there is no limit to how many PvErs can get mythic gear, they do not compete against each other but only vs "dragons" hence every guild on server can get mythic gear provided they put time and effort in theory; however, for pvpers it is different only top % gets Glad ilvl gear, only very very few pvpers will have glad ilvl gear.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-09-02 at 12:48 AM.

It is the failed WotLK model but on steroids, because RNG loot boxes is going to destroy any semblance of competition or working towards a reward. LFR will be better way to gear than rated BG's arenas. Pretty sad state of affairs, but Blizzard is currently lead by a bunch of PVE raiding nerds so that isn't surprising.

You dont need to gear up for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    First of all, why does gear being gated even matter? Do you play PvP just to gear? What's the point in that?
    For World PvP. And if you say that doesn't matter then don't ask.

Good job writing a guide by the way, I'll read it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    looks like the lowest ilvl from skirms/battleground is actually 805

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post

I do world PvP myself and I couldn't care less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I don't understand the point of even having PvP gear at this point. Why not just have instanced PvP have an assigned ilvl that does not ever change, and any tangible rewards are simply transmog bait, pets, etc? And people in world PvP just get by with the balance adjustments the PvP talents bring?

I was pretty excited about these changes til I found out they were still putting in different ilvls of PvP "gear" and stuff. That's such a dumb fucking idea.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

This.

You can't go on a world PVP server and say I am not prepared.

You will when you realize that the gear/stat templates do not apply at all and you get facerolled by a keyboard turning dragonslayer who has 3x your HP and does 2x your damage.

.. or god forbid, a GOOD PvE tank, who will have 5x y our HP and do the same or more damage, have full PvE-level tanking cooldowns and self healing, and eats you for lunch.. and three or four of your friends... and comes out of the fight with full HP.

I honestly doubt it. While skill > gear it only goes up to a certain point, if someone heavily outgears you it doesn't matter how good you are. And if you like getting steamrolled well, good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

rank 19 and have had 5 gear drops, 3 were the same item.
    good to see somebody can do 1 single dungeon and out gear me in wpvp. This sure will be fun when mythic dungeons are on farm and raids open up :/

they seemed like they had good ideas and knew what they were talking about with the new pvp system early on in development, clearly the pve heroes set them straight though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boocifer View Post
    rank 19 and have had 5 gear drops, 3 were the same item
    i feel like they should make it so that every win rewards you with a box that contains a piece of PvP gear.

winning a potion after an hour of Alterac Valley is not optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    i feel like they should make it so that every win rewards you with a box that contains a piece of PvP gear.

winning a potion after an hour of Alterac Valley is not optimal.
    agree very much so!

Quote Originally Posted by Boocifer View Post
    rank 19 and have had 5 gear drops, 3 were the same item.
    good to see somebody can do 1 single dungeon and out gear me in wpvp. This sure will be fun when mythic dungeons are on farm and raids open up :/

they seemed like they had good ideas and knew what they were talking about with the new pvp system early on in development, clearly the pve heroes set them straight though
    You can get better gear than about 85% of the rated ladder from LFR and Crafting. No joke.

Because of the pyramidal nature of the system, unless you're above 1950 or so, youll get lower iLevel gear than you can get from Crafting.

There's NO incentive for the 'casuals' to fill out the bottom of the ladder at all. Have fun with those queues and tiny rated participation numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    You can get better gear than about 85% of the rated ladder from LFR and Crafting. No joke.

Because of the pyramidal nature of the system, unless you're above 1950 or so, youll get lower iLevel gear than you can get from Crafting.

There's NO incentive for the 'casuals' to fill out the bottom of the ladder at all. Have fun with those queues and tiny rated participation numbers.

Yeah it's really sad how they seemed to have shit the bed so badly, when at first it seemed like they had an idea of what they were doing early on in development. At least the majority of pvp'ers who stay well below 1800 or don't do rated pvp at all can still enjoy doing BGs for that 15 artifact power and 20g per win :/

Season 1 can't start soon enough if you ask me.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    You will when you realize that the gear/stat templates do not apply at all and you get facerolled by a keyboard turning dragonslayer who has 3x your HP and does 2x your damage.

.. or god forbid, a GOOD PvE tank, who will have 5x y our HP and do the same or more damage, have full PvE-level tanking cooldowns and self healing, and eats you for lunch.. and three or four of your friends... and comes out of the fight with full HP.
    Back in MoP I was still able to kill fully Heroic geared people.

I'll be doing rated PvP anyway, so my gear won't be a lot worse than a fully mythic geared person (which is going to be rare to run into anyway)

I honestly doubt it. While skill > gear it only goes up to a certain point, if someone heavily outgears you it doesn't matter how good you are. And if you like getting steamrolled well, good for you.
    I'm glad you know what I do and don't do in the game.

Deleted
    Guys... I had this great revelation...

What if... in a game of skill, people were put into the arena to fight eachother to find out whos the better player... without any obtained gear from outside! I know this sounds crazy, but it just might make sense..

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by juicefruit View Post
    Guys... I had this great revelation...

What if... in a game of skill, people were put into the arena to fight eachother to find out whos the better player... without any obtained gear from outside! I know this sounds crazy, but it just might make sense..
    That's what we pretty much have. You're not going to lose because someone has 2% more stats than you. The gear gap is smaller than ever.