Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    But as you said, MMORPGs are about progression, which does exist. Getting rating is progression. Prestige system is progression. Artifacts are progression.

More progression than getting fully geared in 3 days. It wasn't really progression when it was so trivial.

You sort of have to let some leeway when it comes to the RPG aspect of the game in PvP if you want it be competitive.
    Getting rating isnt character progression, its a measure how much you have played arena trough out that season and how far you have gotten and its more of a rating of your skill to manage your characters ability with your team to defeat the enemy team....
    And in prestige they are removing the fact that when you reset you dont lose your talents so its basically a passive grind that you and your grandmother can get eventually which is really boring.

Hopefully every dragonslayer out there is happy for a fact that they removed a part of the game which was important for many players who wanted to progress their characters trough PvP! And if you say pvp was a way of getting easy gear for "raids" that there were too many "noobs" playing "Our hard dragon npc encounter", then dont be on a group that has a leader who invites people with full pvp gear, simple as.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rtech View Post
    Getting rating isnt character progression, its a measure how much you have played arena trough out that season and how far you have gotten and its more of a rating of your skill to manage your characters ability with your team to defeat the enemy team....
    And in prestige they are removing the fact that when you reset you dont lose your talents so its basically a passive grind that you and your grandmother can get eventually which is really boring.

Hopefully every dragonslayer out there is happy for a fact that they removed a part of the game which was important for many players who wanted to progress their characters trough PvP! And if you say pvp was a way of getting easy gear for "raids" that there were too many "noobs" playing "Our hard dragon npc encounter", then dont be on a group that has a leader who invites people with full pvp gear, simple as.
    I used to know these 2 people that played close to 1000 arenas every season and didn't surpass 1600 rating.

It's not a measure of how much you've played.

I think casuals fail to realize that you can actually be good at the game, and being good gets you gear -> character progression.

Deleted
    updated the rating - gear list

Deleted
    please tell me if my rating - gear list wasn't accurate for you on live servers - so that I can update it again to make it better!

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    has anyone recieved an item with a higher ilvl than 840 from arenas yet?

if so, please tell us rating and ilvl
    i got 2 pieces @ 855ilvl @ 1.9k cr and 860ilvl from 2k cr

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Don't even know why so many are concerned someone else might get too much gear playing normally when everyone and their mom sells boosts nowadays.
    you do realize you need to maintain 2.4k cr + keep on winning at least once a week, the way boosting works, they boost you once and then player is on his own, so if he sux, he will get 1 piece of gear from booster and then when he plays on his own he will keep on losing games. maybe he gets 1-2 wins but my guess he will drop to 2.1k or lower.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: getting 2.4k is like glad range atm or very close to it, so ya to me it is more than fair that ppl @ glad range are getting mythic ilvl gear, while mythic gear is still better of due to set bonuses, JC sockets, trinkets, etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    please tell me if my rating - gear list wasn't accurate for you on live servers - so that I can update it again to make it better!
    so far it is accurate, i am planning to push these weekends to 2.1k-2.2k so once i get there ill let you know but sub 2.1k it is accurate so far from my xp.

Deleted
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...s-in-patch-71/

huge updates!!!

will edit op soon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post

you do realize you need to maintain 2.4k cr + keep on winning at least once a week, the way boosting works, they boost you once and then player is on his own, so if he sux, he will get 1 piece of gear from booster and then when he plays on his own he will keep on losing games. maybe he gets 1-2 wins but my guess he will drop to 2.1k or lower.
    You forgot pve. Even just a HC raid boost will net you 3-5 items at 670-680 when you also use tokens and it takes just a hour of time investment, max 2h if they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    I used to know these 2 people that played close to 1000 arenas every season and didn't surpass 1600 rating.

It's not a measure of how much you've played.

I think casuals fail to realize that you can actually be good at the game, and being good gets you gear -> character progression.
    To realise that they would first have to admit to themselves and the rest of the community that they are not actually good at the game. That's where the core issue lies.