Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So what are you doing as resto when everyone is low HP and your hots are falling off?

I speak strictly for dungeon content, raid is a different beast and you share responsibility with spot healers, you have easier time renewing hots and spreading them of course. I would rarely cast a spot heal as druid on raid content.

Druid is the only healer that confuse me on dungeons, I played holy priest and monk and they are easy to prioritize your spells on extreme situations, as a monk I will spam vivify and fill renewing mists in, it's that simple, I can pull up to 15k hps on extreme situations. Same as priest.

As a druid I have tons of spells and most of them are slow, I will use my tranquility and swiftmend but after this what I'm supposed to do when my hots are falling off and the damage is out of control? I have x2 rejuvenations, lifebloom, regrowth, wild growth, literally tons of spells, I don't know how to react on moments of massive damage without my strong cds especially when my hots are falling off, as a monk I will fill 1 hot and just spam direct heal, as a druid what? throw a rejuv on tank and spam regrowth? I just don't know. Is regrowth a spot heal now? how many rejuv you need out to make it equal with vivify+renewing mist?

On moments of low to moderate damage I can handle it with some hots, it's when things get very tough that I don't know how to react, renewing hots or spam spot heal?
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2018-08-23 at 06:28 PM.

druid is a preventer not a fixer :P

you need to think ahead of when the damage will come and prepare your hots accordingly

make sure to have double rejus rolling on most people before a damage spike, keep up efflo
    use wild growth when a damage spike does come
    and fill it out with RG on the appropriate targets.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-08-23 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    druid is a preventer not a fixer :P

you need to think ahead of when the damage will come and prepare your hots accordingly

make sure to have double rejus rolling on most people before a damage spike, keep up efflo
    use wild growth when a damage spike does come
    and fill it out with RG on the appropriate targets.
    Some damage spikes are random like when someone pulled an extra pack or when multiple people were hit by fire, so I guess I have to keep hots up 24/7? oh god this is a really tedious gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Some damage spikes are random like when someone pulled an extra pack or when multiple people were hit by fire, so I guess I have to keep hots up 24/7? oh god this is a really tedious gameplay.
    You cant save all group mistakes. Mastery is our enemy. Single wild growth will have bad effect without other hots. On trash you can drink some mana every pull so keeping everyone hotted is fine. During boss fight (considering no mass mistakes) you must predict dmg little faster. I find no problems wit 5man healing but i dislike regrowth spam...

you dont HAVE to play druid you know if you dont like it.

I like having to be actively healing most of the time

when I went monk I just felt like I have nothing to do so often.

you dont HAVE to play druid you know if you dont like it.

I like having to be actively healing most of the time

when I went monk I just felt like I have nothing to do so often.
    Well, renewing x2 rejuv is a bit too much unless we talk about 1 player, it's worse than buffing one by one 40 people with motw on vanilla. I'm gonna drop germination just so I can save some effort.

Well, renewing x2 rejuv is a bit too much unless we talk about 1 player, it's worse than buffing one by one 40 people with motw on vanilla. I'm gonna drop germination just so I can save some effort.
    well that's what druid gameplay is.

thankfully there are 4 other healers that are different.

also if you're not gonna use germination in 5mans I'd rather you just stop playing druid because that's borderline trolling

well that's what druid gameplay is.

thankfully there are 4 other healers that are different.

also if you're not gonna use germination in 5mans I'd rather you just stop playing druid because that's borderline trolling
    I have a personal playstyle on dungeons, I just hot the tank and if someone else get damage, I heal him based on the amount of it, if its low to moderate then I will throw 2 hots on him otherwise I will throw a single rejuv and spam regrowth or spam regrowth right away and hot after, If there are predictable situations then I will throw a efflo and 1 rejuv on everyone but it barely helps anyway, spamming regrowth and having inner peace for more tranquilities is literally the only thing you can do. I think regrowth with 3 rejuvs up is comparable to vivify.

Quote Originally Posted by Moordots View Post
    mana is no issue in dungeons especially on trash. you should have rejuvs up on every party member 100% of the time in combat. there is no reason not to and many reasons why you should. when the damage is coming in hot then you start cycling through two rejuvs on each person. maintain lifebloom on the tank or any party member who is taking massive damage, and if 3 or more people are below 60% health then use wild growth. keep refreshing double rejuvs while spending your omen procs. if you play this way you will rarely ever need to use regrowth, and when you do it has 30-60% bonus crit which means its going to take one or maybe two casts to top someone off.

always make sure efflo is getting used by as many people as you can. if youve got three ranged in the group then stand with them and efflo the ranged. if you are melee heavy then go fart on the melee. efflo is important to have active because of mastery: harmony and even more so if you are using spring blossoms. dont be afraid to re-position efflo several times throughout an encounter to leverage that mastery. use innervate before you recast it if you are worried about mana.

now when youve already got two rejuvs on the party and the damage is higher than what that and a couple of regrowths can handle, it can be tempting to start spamming regrowth and letting rejuvs drop off. dont do this. if the damage is high enough that you feel the need to spam regrowth then pop tranquility or tree of life. tree of life retroactively applies its buffs to all hots you already had out so using innervate to double hot the group and then using tree will super charge your double rejuvs.

after your tranquility channel is over start reapplying rejuv to the group while your tranq hot is still ticking. start with one stack each and if the damage is still coming in hard then start with the second rejuvs. dont use your wild growth on cooldown, its not needed and its very expensive. keep it in reserve for emergencies like with swiftmend. if two rejuvs isnt enough but you dont need tranq/tree then use your wild growth and spread around regrowth hots.
    I have a good reason not to do this, I will need a new hand after the dungeon but I will try this once just for fun, clicking endlessly throughout the dungeon.

group up with people who don't stand in fire. if someone pulls an extra pack its not on you if you all die. you are bitching about hots falling off during "things" that are completely avoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigenari View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm struggling to understand what the point of posting this was to begin with. At first, you outlined a problem you were having, and asked for advice. People gave you advice, and now you're basically rejecting it because it's not what you were hoping to hear.

You have a 'personal playstyle'. Good for you. You've also already admitted that it isn't very effective. There are aspects of every class that I don't enjoy, or wish were different, but playing optimally necessitates that I suck it up and deal. You can either accept that keeping your group alive might mean having to concentrate a little more or do something you're not used to, or instead choose to risk ruining other people's runs because you'd rather do what feels good for you (whether it actually works or not) than what's actually best for the other 4 people you're grouped with.

By the way, I get the concern that a higher APM is going to fuck your wrist up a bit in the short-term, but I promise that you'll get used to it.
    That's it, druid takes a lot of apm to play well and good decision making(hoting vs spothealing). You shouldn't waste a second not hoting people. Slacking and spamming regrowth can work on mythics but it won't work on high m+. The other healers spend a lot of time resting, if fact healing is the most relaxing role in the game.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2018-08-24 at 12:23 AM.

That's it, druid takes a lot of apm to play well and good decision making(hoting vs spothealing). You shouldn't waste a second not hoting people. Slacking and spamming regrowth can work on mythics but it won't work on high m+. The other healers spend a lot of time resting, if fact healing is the most relaxing role in the game.
    What's so hard about throwing a rejuv to 4 people and then just spamming dots and wrath while nothing happens.
    If you ever fall below 50% mana in a mythic0 you have a group of actual brainlets.

Deleted
    Every player, every specc is able to make use of every GCD in a fight. If there is nothin to heal, then go for damage.
    If you are too lazy for clicking your mouse, pls don't do drugs ...

Germination is not a good choice for 5 mans, take Photosynthesis. Use those 5 extra GCDs to cast Regrowth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Germination is not a good choice for 5 mans, take Photosynthesis. Use those 5 extra GCDs to cast Regrowth.
    XD what do i read here?

Really you just need to keep all of your HOTS on the tank and then keep 1-2 Rejuvs on the melee. Playing a Druid well is all about knowing the mechanics super well. When you know what's coming, you can prepare much better for it by setting up the necessary HOTS so that you can spam Regrowth effectively and benefit from mastery or let the HOTS handle the damage themselves.

It sounds like you just don't have the hang of healing in general yet. Playing any healer will teach you how to predict damage patterns, which is more important to a Druid than any other healer. Maybe play a holy paladin first and then switch to Druid after you learn how to heal dungeons better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    That is so inaccurate coz Germination is the best talent in that row for 5 man healing, and for the topic poster I'de say spam Regrowth when all hots are applied and WG is on CD, because mana isnt an issue in dungeons since u can drink after every pack of trash.
    Gorelaz *猩猩

I speak strictly for dungeon content, raid is a different beast and you share responsibility with spot healers, you have easier time renewing hots and spreading them of course. I would rarely cast a spot heal as druid on raid content.

Druid is the only healer that confuse me on dungeons, I played holy priest and monk and they are easy to prioritize your spells on extreme situations, as a monk I will spam vivify and fill renewing mists in, it's that simple, I can pull up to 15k hps on extreme situations. Same as priest.

As a druid I have tons of spells and most of them are slow, I will use my tranquility and swiftmend but after this what I'm supposed to do when my hots are falling off and the damage is out of control? I have x2 rejuvenations, lifebloom, regrowth, wild growth, literally tons of spells, I don't know how to react on moments of massive damage without my strong cds especially when my hots are falling off, as a monk I will fill 1 hot and just spam direct heal, as a druid what? throw a rejuv on tank and spam regrowth? I just don't know. Is regrowth a spot heal now? how many rejuv you need out to make it equal with vivify+renewing mist?

On moments of low to moderate damage I can handle it with some hots, it's when things get very tough that I don't know how to react, renewing hots or spam spot heal?
    Wishing I rolled something else

You have 0 clue how to play a druid, not even sure where you got your info from..

You refresh you HoTs and click Flourish/Tranquility. Hopefully you learn about the damage patterns in whatever you are doing and do a better job at preventing this next time.